Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapon Mod: Elemental Diode

PhoeniixFiire

motorfirebox posted this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/479268-new-weapon-mod-type-elemental-transistor/ for a new type of weapon mod, which has a lot of potential for single element builds. It got me thinking though...what about multi-element builds with just base elements? Currently it's impossible to have a Fire+Ice modded weapon as they will combine to make blast damage. It would be nice to be able to keep the elements separate if we want to. This new mod would double the effects of the next elemental mod that's equipped, but would keep it from combining with any previously equipped elemental mods.

Example: Say you had, mod(+90% toxin), mod(+60% toxin, +60% status), diode, mod(+60% heat, +60% status), your final stats would be +150% toxin, +120% heat, +180% status.

This would also fix issues with base elemental weapons that deal, say, electrical damage. That damage combines with other mods you install, but only with odd numbers of elements. If you add toxin and heat to an electrical weapon, they will combine so you'll have electricity and gas, but what if you wanted corrosive and heat? This mod would fix that. You could put: mod(+90% toxin), diode, mod(+90% heat), and the result would be +[X + 90]% corrosive, + 180% heat.

Edit: I think to make these balanced, the capacity cost could be 0, but it would double the cost of whatever mod it effects, or it could just cost the same as the mod it effects, so if that mod was fully ranked and cost 11, this mod would also cost 11. The cost would be based on the actual cost of the mod, not the cost while equipped. So plugging the effected mod into a polarity slot that reduces it's cost to 6 would not make the diode cost 6 as well, the diode would still cost 11. In a sense the diode would literally act as a second elemental mod of the same level and type.

Edit2: Perhaps this could instead of only effect one mod, it would double the stats of the next mod in the sequence and keep it from combining with other mods on the opposite side of the diode, but if another mod is placed on the same side as the effected mod, these two mods could then combine, but the stats of the second mod would be left alone. So basically, mods cannot combine ACROSS the diode. Then if it would be allowed to place multiple diodes at the same time, it would make it possible to do a fire+ice+toxin+electricity build, all separate from each other. This idea might be a little unbalanced, but I'm putting it out there. *Spreads hands out and slowly backs away* discuss...

Let me know what you guys think!

Edited by PhoeniixFiire

can be useful... but you will waste one slot only to keep theses elements separated, instead of combined

maybe the transistor can be used to do this, isn't? combine both ideas

The way he has it, the diode acts to double the next elemental mod, so the slot isn't wasted. Hook it to a 90% mod, and you get 180%.

I like the idea.

The way he has it, the diode acts to double the next elemental mod, so the slot isn't wasted. Hook it to a 90% mod, and you get 180%.

I like the idea.

Thanks!

can be useful... but you will waste one slot only to keep theses elements separated, instead of combined

maybe the transistor can be used to do this, isn't? combine both ideas

Yeah, the mod will basically act as a second mod of the same type and effect, that way it isn't wasting a slot. I had thought of a way to combine both ideas into one, but they do essentially opposite things, so they really should be separate. But, having two new mods isn't such a bad thing if they are both useful. There's plenty of useless mods in the game, so two new useful ones would be welcome.

I like it and i could really use in some of my builds

I agree! Having an ice+fire build to slow enemies and make them panic would be hilarious. They would be running away in slow motion :D