The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Played With A Squad Of Excalibur's Earlier

(XBOX)xJdKxZomBiE

ever heard of punch through mods

Guys please.

If you want to cry about something, at least be correct.

Correct about what? You haven't actually completed your thought yet. 

Edited by Acos

Playing with EB energy wave spammers always makes me a little excited-- it's like a race to see if I can shoot down enemies faster than their waves reach them. Plus I always giggle at how every Excel spazzes out like a singularity the second the mission starts, as they typically NEVER stop swinging at max attack speed.

Excal has either been the Javelin Spam since corrupted mods; or this new exalted blade melee spam.

But Miasma spam with negative duration was far more popular from my anecdotal experience. When I say "new", I mean that it feels like it has replaced or taken the place of the Miasma Spammers. Or just think of it as "Flavor of the Month".

It has not.

If you play against any serious exterminate speed runner, the queen is still Saryn.

Excal is great for scaling content now, but speed running non endless games ?

Saryn by far is still the best nuker.

You can get 8k damage in a 35.5 meter radius, ignores walls, ignores LOS for only 25 energy per cast.

And it is blindly fast, by time excal spams enough beams to kill 3 guys, you would have killed 20.

Set wave base range to 15m.

Make duration mods affect the duration waves exist.

+181% duration would make the waves go over 42m.

-87.5% duration would make the waves go less than 2m.

This would force people who want to rely on waves to build for duration and stop neglecting the stat completely.

It's only OP if you care about your kill count. I've never played him, but I dig it...whenever I start a game and see 2-3 Excals, I'm like, "Cool. Easy mode."

Plus, try playing higher level stuff and you'll see how completely NOT OP it is. The guys who only know how to spam go down pretty quick. You still need skill to play him just like everyone else. I've rezzed so many Excals in high-level survivals over the last few days, I've lost count.

I have only recently started playing Warframe, I think at most I have been playing for just over a week. I chose excalibur as my starting frame not knowing what exactly it was capable of doing, but soon after I unlocked exalted blade I see little reason to ever change warframes, this ability is undoubtedly overpowered, I am not calling for a nerf, because I am not on of those weird people who for some reason take a game much more seriously than their own lives, but I am making a statement which I believe to be true. I did some higher level content in a barely levelled warframe with some guys and I kept up both damage dealing wise and kill wise. I see little reason to ever use my guns or my actual melee weapon half the time, and as enjoyable as it is to plow through as many enemies as the game can throw at me while looking totally @(*()$ awesome, I have this weird feeling that I shouldn't get used to it lol.

...you can litteraly spam with any frame troughout a game... what is your point? That excal should be a expectation in this concern?

If I was to make a point, or have an argument about this, I would much rather do it with somebody who has the capability to string a sentence together, stay in school mate, oh and by the way there is this nifty feature in practically every single device known to man that can access these forums called auto correct or spellcheck, you might want to think about using it!

What other frame spams ability damage against lvl100 enemies and does very well?

Ash, saryn, limbo(!), vauban, loki, mesa...more or less any frame except maybe oberon and ember.

If I was to make a point, or have an argument about this, I would much rather do it with somebody who has the capability to string a sentence together, stay in school mate, oh and by the way there is this nifty feature in practically every single device known to man that can access these forums called auto correct or spellcheck, you might want to think about using it!

Feel free to leave this discussion if that's the only thing you have to add.

I have only recently started playing Warframe, I think at most I have been playing for just over a week. I chose excalibur as my starting frame not knowing what exactl was capable of doing, but soon after I unlocked exalted blade I see little reason to ever change warframes, this ability is undoubtedly overpowered, I am not calling for a nerf, because I am not on of those weird people who for some reason take a game much more seriously than their own lives, but I am making a statement which I believe to be true. I did some higher level content in a barely levelled warframe with some guys and I kept up both damage dealing wise and kill wise. I see little reason to ever use my guns or my actual melee weapon half the time, and as enjoyable as it is to plow through as many enemies as the game can throw at me while looking totally @(*()$ awesome, I have this weird feeling that I shouldn't get used to it lol.

wait so you haven't used another warframe and your saying he is OP... get yourself a Loki or Trinity...

And what is higher level content to you?

None of them come close to Excal in power though.

Ash going through armor and shields... Loki takes away their guns and has them fight each other... even Excalibur has to deal with armor.

None of them come close to Excal in power though.

I main ash and beat excals dmgwise any day.

On less risk. @(*()$ faster then he ever could. Ash(!) Works faster then excal. Think about this lil fact. Let it sink in...

The waves are cool but the travel speed is horrible what kills the effective dps. His CC is still limited by los.

He is fluent, he does good but that's about it. He is still just a pretty squishy dps frame and giving his playstyle more drain then other frames wouldn't solve anything.

Btw. CC>Dmg.

Ash, saryn, limbo(!), vauban, loki, mesa...more or less any frame except maybe oberon and ember.

Feel free to leave this discussion if that's the only thing you have to add.

I have spent an awful amount of time on gaming forums forgive me. I apologise man.

wait so you haven't used another warframe and your saying he is OP... get yourself a Loki or Trinity...

And what is higher level content to you?

Ash going through armor and shields... Loki takes away their guns and has them fight each other... even Excalibur has to deal with armor.

I am not saying he is OP in the sense that everybody is taking it in, I am a brand new player man, I don't have the right to have an opinion lol, I have literally no experience with any other warframes nor do I have a broad understanding of any of the other abilities that other warframes may or may not have, I was simply making an observation based on what I have personally seen. The higher level content I was speaking of was basically missions in the void where instead of facing level 8 enemies like I have been, I have been facing level 30+ enemies and still holding up perfectly fine. I would also like to mention that a friend of mine started playing warframe at exactly the same time as me, he didn't choose excalibur, and when we play together in missions such as void missions, he is usually just dead weight, while I'm still topping the list even with extremely experienced players in our squad. All I am saying is, exalted blade seems to do a S#&$ ton of damage, and it SEEMS overpowered. I am in no way complaining, I absolutely love it, but that is my opinion, respectfully.

I have spent an awful amount of time on gaming forums forgive me. I apologise man.

I am not saying he is OP in the sense that everybody is taking it in, I am a brand new player man, I don't have the right to have an opinion lol, I have literally no experience with any other warframes nor do I have a broad understanding of any of the other abilities that other warframes may or may not have, I was simply making an observation based on what I have personally seen. The higher level content I was speaking of was basically missions in the void where instead of facing level 8 enemies like I have been, I have been facing level 30+ enemies and still holding up perfectly fine. I would also like to mention that a friend of mine started playing warframe at exactly the same time as me, he didn't choose excalibur, and when we play together in missions such as void missions, he is usually just dead weight, while I'm still topping the list even with extremely experienced players in our squad. All I am saying is, exalted blade seems to do a S#&$ ton of damage, and it SEEMS overpowered. I am in no way complaining, I absolutely love it, but that is my opinion, respectfully.

oh phew...

The games balanced around the 60-80 mark. Also EB is getting a indirect nerf soon. (Blocking no longer covers all damage, no more weapon specific mods)

It does do a lot of damage though but for him the best defense is offense.

Your lucky you never met old Excalibur.

And new players have an opinion. Mostly about starting the game or weird mechanics but it's there.

If a frame doesn't seem OP it's underpowered even if they do seem OP they can still be underpowered. (like the Mesa argument)

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

oh phew...

The games balanced around the 60-80 mark. Also EB is getting a indirect nerf soon. (Blocking no longer covers all damage, no more weapon specific mods)

It does do a lot of damage though but for him the best defense is offense.

Your lucky you never met old Excalibur.

And new players have an opinion. Mostly about starting the game or weird mechanics but it's there.

If a frame doesn't seem OP it's underpowered even if they do seem OP they can still be underpowered. (like the Mesa argument)

I saw some videos of the old Excalibur while I was trying to learn more about this game, and yes, he was absolutely terrible!

I see myself really getting into this game, I like the mechanics as weird as they are, the grinding reminds me of the old days trying out all sorts of MMO'S and I also was playing destiny quiet heavily. I am currently in the process of building my second warframe, Rhino, is he worth it?

I saw some videos of the old Excalibur while I was trying to learn more about this game, and yes, he was absolutely terrible!

I see myself really getting into this game, I like the mechanics as weird as they are, the grinding reminds me of the old days trying out all sorts of MMO'S and I also was playing destiny quiet heavily. I am currently in the process of building my second warframe, Rhino, is he worth it?

Probably one of the best picks for starters. The ult gives decent dmg, iron skin stays absolutely strong till the endgame. He is the god of the star chart. Build for CC/support endgame and he stays viable.

-snip-

while old excalibur was not the best frame he at least had some personality and was actually fun to get in a bit of a struggle.

now we have soulless wave spam that destroy everything beyond belief that is called "new improved and known for his melee skills vaporizing everything in 40m in front of him with his sword excalibur"

Probably one of the best picks for starters. The ult gives decent dmg, iron skin stays absolutely strong till the endgame. He is the god of the star chart. Build for CC/support endgame and he stays viable.

Sounds awesome I can't wait until it is done building, should be fun to use a warframe that will rely a little more on my loadout lol.

Is there a way to reply to posts without having to quote you? This forum seems to be set out a little different than I am used to.

while old excalibur was not the best frame he at least had some personality and was actually fun to get in a bit of a struggle.

now we have soulless wave spam that destroy everything beyond belief that is called "new improved and known for his melee skills vaporizing everything in 40m in front of him with his sword excalibur"

I know exactly what you mean, I have only recently started playing this game, and after watching all these youtube videos about great builds for all these different weapons and what mods to grind for I'm kind of like "Who cares about weapons, I can repeatedly click circle and watch everything die" haha.

You could just...reply.

The "snip" up there is a legit reply option without the text wall. Or you could hide it...

There should be a thread with a full list of makros in the players helping players section somewhere.

I kinda stick to simple quoting or replying since the mobile version offers near nothing...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Radial Blind Excal was "the best" and Radial Javelin Excal was pretty dang good.

As the poster boy for warframe, it's appropriate that his skills are top tier.