Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Dojo - Why The Building Costs Killed My Clan

Guiavena

my 19 man clan is doing fine. we have a T-section done and a corss section and reactor waiting for last bits of salvage and alloy plate... the research costs are going to take us down though.. :/  but atleast it something to work for. these costs are driving us to farm harder and work together though.. the costs could be lowered a little. small clans are really having peoblems with this.

It's not punishment for larger clans. It will be more like a ratio, an even percentage given on resources. It should take the same amount of time for a large clan to gather the resources and for a small clan to gather the resources. It supports being in a clan of any size, and if anything right now, the small clans are being punished for being small. Myself and many other people just want to see equality for this, and I'd be surprised if you didn't want that too. Or maybe you are just a large clan looking for a larger one?

I'm in a large clan of me, myself and I.

But I don't see why someone alone, like me, would be able to build things as fast as a clan with 100+ members.

Would it be fair that small clan would be on the same level than the bigger ones ?

Moreover I don't see devs do a chang elike that as they said in a livestream that they want to encourage people to get in clans, and bigger is better.

So my idea (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/51931-a-proposition-for-the-dojo-costs/) still promote such clans without hindering small ones. Without changing everything. It's just a tweak in the costs.

Edited by vieuxchat

Yeah, the three active guys in my clan have all contributed pretty much everything we had after a combined playtime of 4-500 hours, and we're 91% on a cross corridoor. And then I found out that the research costs are hundreds - thousands of the rare research resources which I only have 15-50 of each, and that research requires base research, and then a tech tree of items we don't want.

Insanely discouraging.

I've commented on this issue many times before, and as one bloke above said - YOU CAN ONLY EVER PLAY WITH THREE OTHER PEOPLE. I understand that those guys aren't always going to be on, hence why you build up a clan of around 10 or so people, but the size of the game at present really jars with their expectation of clan size. I mean, the only reason people are in big clans is for the dojo. Take that away there is no other purpose to having ten thousand people in your friend's list. 

and don't forget about people who only make a clan for their friends, I only have 2 people who play Warframe that want to be in a clan (including myself) but I didn't want anything huge, so I just made one for me and my friend and it's taken a WEEK to get 5% on a T Connector done!! that is f***ing insane! all I want is a dueling room, a reactor, and some labs so to organise that I need a T-Shape connector for my lab and arena which will probably take more than 2 months, which is f***ing ridiculous for a corridor

I agree with basically everything said. The costs are too high. I play the game with a few friends, and it is likely that I will not be joining a mega-clan just to gain the benefits of the dojo. These costs? Ridiculous. I made the key, went into the dojo, went "ooh" and "aah" and then checked a node door. I saw the costs, and .. yeah. This is a part of the game I will not get to experience, if a change is not made - and not for lack of trying. I'd like to actually be able to afford some of this stuff. Oh, and the research costs? Even worse. Really? Do these things really need to cost /that/ much? I'd be willing to wait, if the things took longer to make, but at a fraction of the original price - but I have no hope of affording anything that is THAT expensive.

Why don't we instead make the rooms scale, not the cost per person, as most of the first 30 comments were about. 

Say of the current prices, the first room would cost say 5% of the current price, So that you could get a first room. The 2nd room would cost say 10% then 25% then 50% then 75% then 100% and then either balance out an exponential increase of cost, or keep the rooms costing up to a maximum limit (100% or 150%, etc) The point would be to incrementally make each room more and more, but not too abusable by the large clans. This would allow small clans to at least build SOME things, and allow the large clans to get at least a large start before rooms become insanely expensive. 

Edited by FrozenPrimarch

Hey, I am in a clan of 3-4 active members. The first time I read about scaling the prize based on clan size, I agreed with it, but as I think further, I find an exploit (e.g clan with 5 members will need 6000 nano spores to build a room need clan with 100 members will need 120000 of nano spores, people will contribute each 60 nano spores, exit(until 5 people are left, which means they can build a room already and then re-join when the room is complete. So, here is what I think.when someboody construct a room, it will be very cheap and requires shoort time.however, every single person who want to get to the room will go there, get a specific room key blueprint(each room haas it's own key), then he will have to make It (make it a little expensive)and wait for like 12 hours(average blueprint time ). And even the warlord should make the key if he wants to enter a room.the anybody who is kicked or quited from the clan will have 75% of the resources he spent refunded.sorry for bad english

a fix to this problem would be reducing the cost for forma I mean if its gonna have such a big impact if you reduce the platinum cost you would get more ppl to pay i mean i know you have to get a revenue out of the game and I would love to help with that but the pricing is just... exagerated, moderate your prices and youll get more ppl to pay 

The requirements to research for small clans is ridiculous, I do not want to be forced to join a clan of 1000+ people just to experience content. Nor do I wish to be grinding for 6 to 9 months just to see the same content. Small guilds with a highly active member base are what I enjoy.

Why should a clan that floods members and has a 50% active member base have it easier?

Each of their members are doing less than a quarter of the blood sweat and energy I am applying, yet they are able to experience content far easier?

DE, something has to be done about this. This is absurd.

I'm in a large clan of me, myself and I.

But I don't see why someone alone, like me, would be able to build things as fast as a clan with 100+ members.

Would it be fair that small clan would be on the same level than the bigger ones ?

Moreover I don't see devs do a chang elike that as they said in a livestream that they want to encourage people to get in clans, and bigger is better.

So my idea (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/51931-a-proposition-for-the-dojo-costs/) still promote such clans without hindering small ones. Without changing everything. It's just a tweak in the costs.

I read the page, I like how it works, but haven taken enough Engineering classes, I know that there is always a solution better than the best. I'm not saying that anyone here knows better, for all we know, the best solution could be thought out by someone who hasn't even posted anything yet.

I would personally use an idea that would make it more fair to everyone, that the people in the small clan aren't being screwed out of any opportunities and that the big clans can still get to where they want to.

It simply bothers me that the big clans get such a perfect opportunity to go and monopolize the clan system. It's because I feel pressured that I should go and join a big clan full of people I don't know, and will probably never play with, only to hoard the rewards that the big clan currently comes with. I have no problems with big clans, only the prioritization that they are getting. Small clans are people too.

I read the page, I like how it works, but haven taken enough Engineering classes, I know that there is always a solution better than the best. I'm not saying that anyone here knows better, for all we know, the best solution could be thought out by someone who hasn't even posted anything yet.

I would personally use an idea that would make it more fair to everyone, that the people in the small clan aren't being screwed out of any opportunities and that the big clans can still get to where they want to.

It simply bothers me that the big clans get such a perfect opportunity to go and monopolize the clan system. It's because I feel pressured that I should go and join a big clan full of people I don't know, and will probably never play with, only to hoard the rewards that the big clan currently comes with. I have no problems with big clans, only the prioritization that they are getting. Small clans are people too.

What of the ideas are you talking about? There are a plenty.

I just want an idea that gives equality between Small and Large Clans.

This is exactly what I am aiming for. I shouldn't have to work harder just because the clan I joined is smaller, especially when the issue could be easily corrected. 

This is exactly what I am aiming for. I shouldn't have to work harder just because the clan I joined is smaller, especially when the issue could be easily corrected. 

I still don't understand what is the problem with the people complaining about progressive costs and how they will make it unfair for bigger clans. It makes no sense what those guys are talking :/

I don't want people to PAY LESS, I want buildings to COST LESS. Like, if a 100 man clan needs 100K Credits, each one donate 1k Credits. If a 10 Man clan needs 10K Credits, each one donates 1k Credits! Its simple, its fair. If they change THIS and the Forma rates ( NOT PLAT PRICES ), everything will be perfect.

Anyone here who says progressive costs are not "FAIR", did NOT try to build something on a 10 man clan...

Obviously when I say "progressive costs" it means the idea can be mutated to fit into the game.

Edited by Guiavena

I don't want my achievements through weight of numbers. I'm thinking something along the lines of an honour point system, with a loss of honour points for each member that leaves the clan/dojo.

Honour points could be gained from a squad of 4 from the same clan performing certain tasks in a mission. One example could be stealth kills. But rather than the most total, only count the total from the player with the least number of stealth kills. i.e. the team needs to work together to share the kills.

And I really want to run/creep around with my clan on a Sashimono (small samurai battle flag)

With my system you don't have to work harder, you just have to wait more. The costs are the same for anyone and you can put as much as you want in speeding things (up to 5 times the original cost)

Well, that's what I was going on about with my suggestion (page 1, was it?). Making bigger clans build bigger dojos would make it all fair.

I agree completely with this post. I was excited to have a dojo for my small clan, but when i saw the cost of the building, namely the ridiculous amounts of Forma required, I thought that even a large clan would have a very hard time getting anything built. Forma is a rare blueprint and used for item customization, so it is very unlikely that a clan of less than 100 ACTIVE members will be able to get anything built at all. The price of building a dojo should be cheaper than this, or many of the small clans will either die off or not be able to enjoy the dojo without spending large amounts of real money on forma.

Edit: I also think that the idea of progressive costs is an excellent idea. Not only will it keep things fair, but it will encourage clan leaders to weed out the ranks of freeloaders and kick that guy that hasn't been online in 5 months.

Edited by Hellryder