The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Am I Doing Wrong When It Comes To Grineer Manics?

ThaMadMan

Question

Ok so recently i decided to make all the waframes that i had left for collection purposes.So i went and made all of them,but one,Ash.

Now i don't know whose idea was to put his parts on manics,but it's been terrible so far.

I never knew this would happen or else i'd have farmed the uranus boss,at least i still got 1 part from that.

So now im sitting here reading through countless of other posts,browsing through reddit and googling everything about manics,Ash,where to find them easier and stuff like that.

Before i made this rant post i already did around 50 missions on different planets and systems,got everything unlocked so that wasn't a problem really,but i didn't find a SINGLE ONE,for what it's worth in all of em i went as nekros just to boost my chances if ever found one.

I blame myself mostly for not farming ash before the update,so im asking what is wrong with the spawns,before the update at least i could find some manics,now 0.

So in conlusion,is there anything wrong im doing?I'll save you the trouble and tell you that i did as most posts said to leave the alarm on and just carry on with the mission.

Am i the only one who has this spawn problem?

Any help here is appreciated also if anyone else is looking for manics to farm just add me in game or something.

Edited by ThaMadMan

15 answers to this question

there is usually exactly one in most exterminate missions.  However the game scales some content weirdly based off your current "level" which seems to be tied to your warframe and weapon levels along with your conclave score (sometimes) and maybe other values.

So if you have a new frame or a new weapon, the maniacs MAY NOT show up.   Once your gear is level 30, there should be a maniac in every exterminate mission on medium (over level 10?) level planet missions.

See if this helps.

Edit: if it is a problem with a recent patch, I have not noticed it.   But I have not really been paying close attention either.

Edited by jonnin

Everything i use is level 30,complete with orokin catalysts and formas.And as i said i tried every type of mission i even waited a bit killing random enemies while the alarm was on of course and i mostly went on phobos and ceres.

if raids are too much running Tyl Regor can still net Ash parts from the drekar manics that spawn during the fight

P.S. more people in squad = more manics spawn

Is this confirmed that the drekar manics can drop ash parts?I know the wiki says so but people say that that is not the case in the in game codex.

Is this confirmed that the drekar manics can drop ash parts?I know the wiki says so but people say that that is not the case in the in game codex.

I can personally confirm this, have gotten an ash chassis this way while trying to farm for Final Harbinger

I don't think Drekar Manics work? I ran that thing 42 times farming Equinox killed a lot of those never ran into an Ash part. Did get one from a normal Manic last time I ran into one though. 

I've never noticed them dropping Ash parts - not that I cared about Ash, I've scrapped that frame from my roster.

The biggest problem with Manics is that they exist. Someone at DE got the real high on the idea of invincibility phases, super fast movement, teleporting and healing enemies one day. Unfortunately, no one talked them down from it. And they really should have done, because they are awful.

That said, they do drop Ash parts. I have received an Ash part from them recently.