The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Can't Connect To Certain Friends

SirNerdsAlot5

I'm just going to shake things up a little here, I've been trying to solve this for many days now and I can categorically say that there is an issue that is nothing to do with the router, I know this because I can join friends with no problem from my laptop and yet when i try from my PC with exactly the same wireless setup it doesn't work... discuss.

I'm just going to shake things up a little here, I've been trying to solve this for many days now and I can categorically say that there is an issue that is nothing to do with the router, I know this because I can join friends with no problem from my laptop and yet when i try from my PC with exactly the same wireless setup it doesn't work... discuss.

Firewall maybe?

Also check the antivirus system, it's given me problems in the past, not with the upnp settings but still. 

I'm just spitballing here, still got this same issue and I've basically given up trying stuff. Only thing I can think of is maybe getting another modem which i can actually work with. 

Firewall maybe?

Also check the antivirus system, it's given me problems in the past, not with the upnp settings but still. 

I'm just spitballing here, still got this same issue and I've basically given up trying stuff. Only thing I can think of is maybe getting another modem which i can actually work with. 

Was the first thing that occurred to me so I turned off all anti virus and firewalls and other security but to no avail, one thing we have found is that occasionally the person I'm trying to join has to just keep relogging until I can join them so the void only knows what's causing that...

Am a CISCO certified networking associate and therefore am capable of forwarding ports. Other then by putting my PC in a DMZ (not for the feint of heart), I cannot see certain people online. I think sometimes some modems and routers just dont want to be friendly.

I am still having issues.  My ports are forwarded, my firewall is dead and I made sure UPnP was disabled.  Some people I can connect to just fine.  Some it is just awful.  Maybe they need to forward their ports?  This all just seems so terribly random.  Can't seem to figure it out.

One quick tip I discovered.

I was not able to join my brother who was on the same network. (Session not in progress, Invite failed)

We had different sets of ports manually forwarded.

Other friend was able to join either of us, I was able to join him and my brother was able to join me.

The problem was my brother had hamachi as his primary connection.

I keep having problems when inviting friends to my session. They keep getting failed to join or session unavailable. Is there anyway to fix that?

Thats the other bug

What may be funny:

I can see 1st friend - 1st friend can see me

1st friend can see 2nd friend - 2nd friend can see 1st friend

I can't see 2nd friend - 2nd friend can't see me

And each time I want to play with 2nd friend we need 1st friend to gather us- its rly problematic in the void, where only host can invite.

Same problem here. And it shouldn't be up to players to make game work right. i know it is beta but still. This is most fundamental thing in online game. And its not working for a lot of people!!!!.

So Devs please do something with this.

Edited by TyrOdinSon

Just to let you all know, my problem (which involved being able to see everyone online but being unable to join certain friends) was solved by completely removing AVG - disabling it didn't work but it was the only difference between my laptop and desktop and now I have no issues...