Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.2

DE_Adam

Wow, I really do hate the research requirements for Knux.  It wouldn't be quite as bad if DE would let us downsize clan tiers (how many more years will THAT take?), but I've been completely cleaned out of Cryotic and Tellurium, and my Time Played counter is nearly at 200 days.

My clanmate told me the reqs for researching it at Shadow tier (225k creds, 30 Tellurium, 60k Cryotic, 30k Polymer, 15k Plastids).

Upon looking at it I immediately assumed it was a math error in the update, and told him not to put any more contributions in until DE hotfixes it. I mean, the costs are doable for our tier, but compared to the research costs for other clan tech, it's ludicrous.

Any plans on a fix for status chance on beam weapons massively underperforming compared to status per bullet on full auto weapons?

This.  Continuous fire weapons need a massive status buff to make up for the fact that you have to stand vulnerable out in the open while you're killing enemies.  A bow doesn't have this weakness - a Paris Prime with enough fire rate mods can trigger statuses faster than an Amprex, which is kinda insane.  Needless to say a Soma Prime can do exponentially even better.

But then again, we just nerfed a health restoring effect from Exalted Blade, another ability that exposes the user to excessive fire much more than cover shooting with guns does...so I'm not too surprised that this isn't happening.

I really believe that DE plays their own game, and that's great since a startling number of big developers actually don't.  But I get the feeling that DE plays Mercury or Earth or Saturn (or even Uranus) and thinks that the "balance" that applies to these lower-level locales applies equally to Ceres or T3/T4.  With Ceres especially (which I have always found to be about 5 times harder than T4.  Sorry, it just is.) I get the impression that DE doesn't appreciate how badly players need constant, passive healing just to survive there.  Health restores are a band-aid solution.  Between life strike and syndicate procs, Excal had a real, working solution, that wasn't OP.  If anyone at DE thought it was ever OP, again I have to presume they're making this assumption based on testing on Mercury or Saturn.  On Ceres, these things were never OP.

So I agree we need to buff status on these.

And we also should revert this "balance tweak" immediately.

But my money says this'll never happen.

YES! Finally we get the Space Fists! Oh yes, momma's been waiting for these!

I was saddened when the Regor Rework happened, but the Space Knux weren't there. Dismayed, even! I had some other wonderful weapons to tide me over (yuk yuk) but I wanted to punch things in space.

My dreams have come true.

Also, why aren't we talking about how perfect the name is? I mean... Knux. Get it?

Knux.

These Canucks get it, you know?

I love how much cryotic these are going to cost. So many tears, so much gnashing of teeth. If only these poor souls could freeze their tears on the cold hearts of DE, they, too, could punch things in space.

Oh, or are we still pretending tellurium is rare? Is that the deal? 'Cause I have piles of that stuff.

That is a boatload of new weapons in PvP. A whole lot of melee. And Jaw Sword. JAW SWORD. My heart weeps for the jaw sword. Once upon a time it was a puncture sword, and that was really cool. Then, abruptly, it was slash, and the cool niche was lost. Lost!

Tigris changes...

There was no need to remove it

Many players know of the hold to delay, and prefered the alt fire. Please revert!

Why does this piece of crap shotgun even work like that? Why they can't do it like EVERY NORMAL HUMAN BEING WOULD? And that is Left click for single shot, right click for zoom, and alt for both barrels?

What about a performance drop in DX11 mode from 17.1.0 patch?

I wish it should be fixed soon because I can't ALT+TAB in DX9 mode without freezing in Windows 10.

*Edit - Actually, I turning bloom off and it solved my FPS drop.

Edited by --Q--WaffleZ

Well, there goes my entire reason for picking New Loka in the first place. My Skana Prime may as well be trash now, if the augment isn't going to work with Exalted Blade. As someone in the thread about that specific change noted, it's a desperate conflict of interest. Prior to the change, you could maximize the effect of the Skana series AND Exalted Blade. Now, however, it's OR. Bright Purity to max the Skana itself, or a generic mod to max Exalted Blade. Which, based on the usefulness of Exalted Blade, means forget the Skana entirely, equip a different weapon that you're more likely to use outside of Exalted Blade, and maximize both the weapon you're using and Exalted Blade at the same time because otherwise it's completely pointless.

... Was so excited when I came back after years away to see that the godawful Super Jump had been replaced by the spectacular Exalted Blade, but now it's getting nerfed bit by bit, and I doubt it'll end before Exalted Blade is no longer of any use to me.

I feel your pain... ;___ ;

Thanks for the weapon slot fix on the gorgon wraith, but I still have one question... Why does it not have a potato? The strun wraith when re-released came with both, so why not the gorgon wraith too? (Just wondering, but hey keep up the good work guys c: )

Tigris Changes:

The addition of alt-fire on the Tigris came as an unintended change during the split of alt-fire and aim.  As a result, the alternative fire button on the Tigris has been removed.  Players can now tap the attack button once for a both barrels, or hold down the fire button to delay firing the second barrel. Please note that this does not change the DPS of the Tigris!

Why would you remove this? This was nothing wrong with it. I actually LIKED this functionality, because I don't want to have to hold the damn mouse button down while I line up another shot. Could you put that back in please, or some kind of option to remove the delay fire function, because that is painful.

Huh, was wondering when Specters would get some attention.  Now that Dark Sector conflicts are on hold I think they've kind of settled into the background.

Why would you remove this? This was nothing wrong with it. I actually LIKED this functionality, because I don't want to have to hold the damn mouse button down while I line up another shot. Could you put that back in please, or some kind of option to remove the delay fire function, because that is painful.

Roll or do something that you can't shoot a weapon while doing (like hacking a console).  Or just reload the damn gun.  Nobody owes you a weapon attuned to your preferences only.

Thanks for the weapon slot fix on the gorgon wraith, but I still have one question... Why does it not have a potato? The strun wraith when re-released came with both, so why not the gorgon wraith too? (Just wondering, but hey keep up the good work guys c: )

That was a Tac Alert.  Survive or Die wasn't in a formal sense (no prelude message from Lotus, etc.).

Edited by TenguBlade

WHY. Why i ask take away the alt fire of the tigris that didn't make you awkwardly hold down the alt fire button to only fire 1 shot. How can something that great be a problem and a problem that you needed to remove. I formaed like tigris 6 or 7 times just because now i can fire 1 shot at a time without awkwardly holding down the trigger.

WHO. Who asked for this to be removed ? I found that and instantly had a happy-gasm due to the fact i can now fire this weapon like an actual double barrel (sorta). No it doesn't effect the dps of the weapon it affects the QOL or whatever you call minor changes to how weapons work. It was NICE IT was FANTASTIC WHY CHANGE IT.

I was thinking of starting a topic suggesting we make firing 1 barrel at a time the normal fire and the alt fire fire both barrels at the same time. Not a double tap fire but at the same time with twice the pellets and a bigger spread and then automatically reload it.

Would that make the gun OP ? NOPE. Not at all, It shouldn't change the dps at all just make the gun feel great, almost as great as getting that scratch you could never reach.

Can we please possibly just atleast revert that tigris change ? Don't have to implement my idea just let me fire 1 shot at a time without cramping my finger holding down the fire button and then rapidly taping reload every 2 seconds.

Roll or do something that you can't shoot a weapon while doing (like hacking a console).  Or just reload the damn gun.  Nobody owes you a weapon attuned to your preferences only.

That was a Tac Alert.  Survive or Die wasn't in a formal sense (no prelude message from Lotus, etc.).

Yes because leaving a weapon with a function that a lot of people wanted and that did not cause any problems with the game once so ever and that no one was complaining about is totally catering to that one guys preference only and he's being tottally selfish and should be baned and burned at the stake. Please explain why this NEEDED a "fix" when every double barrel shotgun in games had an option to click once to fire one barrel. Why we need to (for some reason) Hold down the trigger of a shotgun to not let it fire twice. Also why it can't just fire both barrels at once instead of firing in a 1 barrel at a time shot.

It did not change the way the main way of the gun worked at all. It did not inconvenienced the players who used it that way and liked it at all.It opened the gun to other players who did not like that function of the gun and let them use it the way they liked which contrary to what you believe is not that single person asking why it needed to be "fixed".

Really this change was uneeded and rolling or hacking a console just so I don't fire an extra shot of a gun is pre order alpha game tier bad.

No one owes anyone anything but DE being a Dev that seems to like to cater to it's costumers and player base maybe would like to rethink that change that a lot of people didn't like and I haven't seen anyone complain about.

AhsenSwift was making a request and even said the magic word and we have people already tackling him with the usual " no one owes you anything" "just lean to get good" etc etc.

But if you have a legit reason that this "glitch" needed a "fix" please explain. Really curious.

Sigh, i'm already used 8 forma on Tigris, then u said "it's unintended change", huh? Can you give Tigris to reload faster to compensate on Alternate removed? This is really affected my gameplay a lot from one shot silent ---> two shot loud. Also, it passed around 20 days already since Shotgun Buff, why not let it go? Currently, there are many weapons that better result than Tigris.

Edited by ToKeSia