Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.2

DE_Adam

I seriously don't see why everyone is mad about Excalibro's " nerf ".

Augments were too strong on him, Even more because P.Skana et P.DualCleavers were also crit based weapons, making EB broken.

Exalted Blade is still extremely strong, but now this is not necessary to use Skana or Cleavers if you wanted to maximise your EB damage potential.

I love Excalibur, but he was too broken, so this a totally justified " balance change ". I believe the guys that are crying about this are the kind of Excaliburs that use EB just to spam waves in every direction ( looking more $&*&*#(%& than a Peacemaker-only Mesa ) and not using the other skills ( met a lot of them recently ).

I'm saying it again, but Exalted Blade is still wayyyy to strong.

Than any copter YOU could do*

Again, as good as YOU could copter.

You realize they could have just LEFT coptering in the game and it would not interrupt their new system in any way other than making players who knew how to copter go slower, thus making them have speed withdrawls and end up buying an exilus slot (For their new bullet jump mod or Rush) for 20 platinum because it's not worth crafting TWO FORMA (Which takes 48 hours minimum, PLUS get 50,000 Simaris rep to buy a blueprint for each individual one you craft, which is exactly how DE wants it to be so you buy more plat)

Also, you were doing something wrong if coptering took more bullet presses than the new "Parkour 2.0" system.

Isn't it easier to just adapt and let it go? Parkour 2.0 is what we have, and a lot of people are actually enjoying it a lot. If you master this new system, it might not make you go "Faster" than previous coptering system, but it gives you more vertical movement and airborne time, and actually works great for dodging projectiles, as it seems to progressively affect the accuracy of enemies (The more you move, the more they suffer while aiming at you). I've seen a lot (A LOT) of changes on strategies in the past, and instead of complaining all the time, I just adapted and moved on. Excalibur is my main Warframe since I started playing this game, that speaks for itself. I've seen him change so many times that I can't even remember, but instead of complaining, I just found a way to make him useful to me, and I became a better player in the process. Just be happy, this a game that changes a lot, it's not worth to keep mourning things that are now part of the past, like coptering :)

Augments were too strong on him, Even more because P.Skana et P.DualCleavers were also crit based weapons, making EB broken.

But a weapons stats don't matter with EB? You don't seem to be aware that crit based weapons, pure damage weapons, it makes no difference. EB has it's own stats and is ONLY effected by the mods itself.

Where's the issue with it? I seriously fail to see how it's a drawback?

Because parry uses energy. A lot of it. And since we can't use syndicate mods to restore health anymore that means we use life strike which requires channeling.

So if you're in a room full of enemies and need to get some health back and start channeling you pretty much lose all your energy instantly. It's very counter-productive.

Edited by f3llyn

Because parry uses energy. A lot of it. And since we can't use syndicate mods to restore health anymore that means we use life strike which requires channeling.

So if you're in a room full of enemies and need to get some health back and start channeling you pretty much lose all your energy instantly. It's very counter-productive.

Exactly this.

You also start to aim-glide while jumping when hit, which is annoying as mosquito.

Tigris Changes:

The addition of alt-fire on the Tigris came as an unintended change during the split of alt-fire and aim. As a result, the alternative fire button on the Tigris has been removed. Players can now tap the attack button once for a both barrels, or hold down the fire button to delay firing the second barrel. Please note that this does not change the DPS of the Tigris!

....Really? Really?!

TENNO REINFORCEMENTS

Knux Gauntlets available now!

Pummel your enemies with the Knux Gallium-alloy gauntlets during close-range Archwing combat. Designed by the infamous Tyl Regor.

Add the Knux to your Arsenal by visiting the Market today!

Tigris Changes:

The addition of alt-fire on the Tigris came as an unintended change during the split of alt-fire and aim. As a result, the alternative fire button on the Tigris has been removed. Players can now tap the attack button once for a both barrels, or hold down the fire button to delay firing the second barrel. Please note that this does not change the DPS of the Tigris!

Additions:

• Agile Aim - Faster Movement While Aiming - Rifle PvP Mod.
  • Spry Sights - Faster Movement While Aiming - Pistol PvP Mod.
  • Snap Shot - Faster Movement While Aiming - Shotgun PvP Mod.
  • Lie In Wait - Higher Aimed Damage, More Recoil - Sniper PvP Mod.
  • Vital Systems Bypass - Gain Health Regen, but increased Shield Recharge Delay - Warframe PvP Mod.

Conclave Changes:

• Cronus, Dakra Prime, Dark Sword, Ether Sword, Heat Sword, Jaw Sword, Mire, Pangolin, Ether Reaper, Hate, Reaper Prime, and Plasma Sword can now be used in PvP.
  • Skana and Skana Prime damage has been increased in PvP.
  • Nikana series damage has been decreased in PvP.
  • Kronen and Boltace damage has been decreased in PvP.
  • Anku damage has been decreased in PvP.
  • The Gorgon series of weapons has had their damage increased in PvP.
  • Removed the Focused Kill Streak Stopped Challenge.
  • Increased the recover speed from stagger or stun attacks in PvP.
  • New Conclave Mods have been added to Conclave Challenge reward tables.
  • Bows now have their ammunition capped at 30 in Conclave.
  • Teshin will now count down the end of Conclave matches.

Changes:

• All players that earned a Gorgon Wraith over the recent Survive or DIE event that did not receive an additional weapon slot have received a weapon slot retroactively, regardless if they have kept or sold the weapon.
  • Limited the number of Mods that can interact with Exalted Blade as per: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/511036-pc-psa-covert-lethality-exalted-blade-changes/
  • Added Codex entries for the Grineer Blunt.
  • Added more visual cues to help better show where to exit Underwater Archwing tilesets when transitioning to land.
  • The Bailiff Defector is no longer spawnable in the Simulacrum.
  • Updated the visuals of Simaris’ Research menu.
  • The Elytron`s Thumper will now combine with previous Thumpers if it detonates within its radius. This will refresh the duration on the previous Thumper and allow damage to stack up to 4 times.
  • Conclave restriction has been removed from crafting Spectres.
  • Spectres will now do increased damage based upon their rarity, rarer Spectres will do more damage.
  • Players constructing Spectres for the first time will receive additional information on construction to help clarify Spectre use.
  • Reduced camera shake FX when using Excalibur’s Exalted Blade.

Fixes:

• Fixed Blast procs not functioning properly. Also fixes Vexing Retaliation not functioning properly.
  • Fixed the pigment icon displaying on other items at the End of Mission reward screen.
  • Fixed enemies under Nyx’s Mind Control or Chaos not properly attributing their kills to Nyx and Shared Experience to Nyx’s Squadmates.
  • Fixed an issue preventing abilities that do radial damage from not properly hitting enemies.
  • Fixed players being unable to jump through some connected hallways.
  • Fixed Grineer Draga not functioning properly when spawned in the Simulacrum.
  • Fixed a Rank Up notification that would play for Clients when they’re not actually ranking up.
  • Fixed waypoints on loot not properly working.
  • Fixed multiple blocked zipline cables on some Mars tilesets.
  • Fixed players being able to escape Earth tilesets by using wall jumps near waterfalls.
  • Fixed some visual FX unintentionally clipping through players on ziplines.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause Syndicate Medallions to lose their ‘glow’ when certain abilities are used nearby, making them very difficult to see.
  • Fixed Simulor orbs not properly combining with each other when you are at max range.
  • Fixed the Shock Camo skin for the Obex not properly applying to offhand or feet attachments.
  • Fixed an error that would occur when looking at friends on the friend’s screen.
  • Fixed a misplaced wall panel on the Void Defense tileset.
  • Fixed unranked uncommon Fusion Cores being rewarded in Archwing Interception.
  • Fixed Cryopod tubes appearing as blurry for Hosts and Clients.
  • Fixed Itzal’s Cloak not deactivating on movement.
  • Fixed the Quanta’s projectile explosions causing excessive particle creations.
  • Fixed the Scan Research Terminal showing overlapping button labels when switching through entries.
  • Fixed swapping Mod Polarities creating a negative capacity in the Arsenal.
  • Fixed players guns turning invisible during the Archwing transition when double jumping into water.
  • Fixed players not being able to properly exit underwater Archwing portions.
  • Fixed players being unable to interact with terminals on Mobile Defense Missions taking place on the Corpus Ice Planet tileset.
  • Fixed the Chesa Kubrow`s name and description not displaying on the Imprint display screen.
  • Fixed appearing in the place of the Archwing icon on items rewarded at the End of Mission screen.
  • Fixed the UI becoming permanently tinted the wrong color if using a hotkey to switch off the Synthesis Scanner.
  • Fixed players using controllers / gamepads being unable to navigate the ‘Search’ option in the Profile Icon submenu.
  • Fixed some improper electrified water visuals appearing in the Orokin Void tileset.
  • Fixed Zephyr’s Dive Bomb FX lingering underwater when using Archwing as per: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/513808-zephyrs-dive-bomb-effect-underwater/
  • Fixed Spectres in Defense and Survival Missions not properly scaling to enemies when summoned later in the Mission.
  • Fixed an issue causing targets hit with Viral procs to have permanent incorrect health values in Missions.
  • Fixed the Supra’s lensflare effect showing through walls.
  • Fixed some missing textures in underwater portions of the Grineer Underwater Lab tileset.
  • Fixed an audio FX not playing when capturing a Cephalon in Conclave.
  • Fixed Ash`s Bladestorm becoming caught in an infinite loop in PvP, causing invulnerability and idle clones.
  • Fixed various localization issues.

I don't think the gallium alloy gloves would work because gallium melts at body temperature.

gallium-metal.jpg

Not sure if anyone brought it up but the Tonkor's ammo pool has been reduced to 30 this patch. Wasn't in the Patch notes, tried to slip a stealth nerf in there.

No, you're just not aware that weapons that share the same ammo pool will use the lower of the two totals

3KxvOYJm.png

Take the Angstrum (I'm assuming this because you said 30) out of your secondary slot.

Vote with your wallet peeps and peepettes.

I'd like to change that to "actually test things, peeps and peepettes".

We need a "how to test stuff" thread on the forums, pointing out stuff like "see if it happens modded or unmodded", "see if it happens against different enemy types", and other stuff to hopefully get people to stop doing knee-jerk reactions to mechanics that they simply didn't know existed.

Except for it was intended. Because they specifically enabled that functionality in a hotfix.

So if it really was unintended as you say, then that can only mean that DE literally doesn't think about the things they are changing to the game without any sort of testing what-so-ever.

So which is? Did DE do it intentionally or did they not think for 5 seconds about what they were doing? Because both of these things can't be true. 

Which hotfix was it?  And DE's not a hive mind, it's entirely possible for one person to slip something in and then a designer is "No we don't actually want that" when they see it.

some of the Designing on Loki Prime was previously on Tint 4, but is now merged into Tint 3 to make room for coloring the Gold.

blah blah, we need like 12 Color Tints.

Ahhh, I didn't notice any of the spots changing, I guess 'cause my color scheme on him is rather plain.

Also, you were doing something wrong if coptering took more bullet presses than the new "Parkour 2.0" system.

Idunno' man, I've done some math.

- Bullet Jump

Crouch, Jump.

2 actions.

- Copter

Run, Jump, Crouch, Attack.

4 actions.

It took me a few hours to do the math, but I've come to the conclusion that 4 > 2.

To be completly honest, i disagree massively on the tigris change. This had been a weapon i recently picked up to toy around with and really enjoyed the idea of a double barrel shotgun. Not a burst fire weapon, there's a reason most people dont touch the burst weapons in the game, they are quick to lose ammo and it's harder to control especially because it's a shotgun. Now when i use it, the first shot kills the target and the second shot just makes it so i just have to reload. Shame i put 6 formas into the thing just to not find it good anymore. Could we at least make it shoot once and have a delay to the second shot, then reload? Thanks for reading!

Which hotfix was it?  And DE's not a hive mind, it's entirely possible for one person to slip something in and then a designer is "No we don't actually want that" when they see it.

Fixes:

• Fixed Exalted Blade’s energy waves not receiving a boost from damage Mods when used by Clients.
  • Fixed Exalted Blade’s energy wave not benefiting from channeling buffs.
  • Fixed Clients using Exalted Blade not gaining benefits from Syndicate Mods.
  • Fixed the Proto Glaive skin causing Exalted Blade to not appear properly in Excalibur’s hand.

That following a string of other updates to EB to make mods work and to fix bugs. 

So you're saying some random guy in de can just throw in any old changes in a hotfix and get it pushed out? That is actually worse than DE not being able to think ahead more than 5 seconds.

So now we have 3 scenarios:

1) It was intentional

2) DE can't think ahead very far and can't predict how things will be used

3) DE lets any random employees slip things into hotfixes without them being approved

Personally my bet is on both 1 and 2 because I'm pretty sure one of the higher ups has to approve of whatever is being sent out to live clients in hot fixes and such. And not only that but it stayed that way for about 2 months.

Edited by f3llyn

to start, sorry to change the subject but needed his attention Miss DE

Good Morning Mr. and Ms. DE, speaks a gamer than 20 years; that is playing so ago
15 months. And I dirigo to utds to make a request on behalf of some friends and contacts in Warframe, in which some
Masters are 18-19, the order is as follows. To rejoin all weapons given as awards event and we need
d master's experience and use of these weapons to climb to rank 20, the list will give it here.

Braton Vandal, Lato Vandal, Quanta Vandal, Imperator Vandal, Strun Wraith, Latron Wraith, Karak Wraith ,Wraith twin Vipers, Sheev, Machete, Prisma Skana, Detron Mara

As well as the reinstatement of the mods d cutting event.

The idea would be: Reincorporalas in tactics alerts every 10 days; which bring at least two of these weapons in the merchant repeaters Baro-Kitter; or come at an affordable price in platinum with darvo or in a package on the market,
or fall as a prize in the nightmare missions or fall with the 3 Grustag.

I hope others of my fellow Masters is high solidarizen to this cause, because as fans of the game; we want to enjoy every day to the fullest with all available weapons, I appreciate your answer in advance and Miss Lord =)

What the hell did I just read?

Braton and lato Vandal, iirc, were alpha and/or beta tester weapons, and I seriously doubt they will be coming back at all, so you can just edit those out of your post. Secondly, all of those weapons can and likely will be returned through alerts or Baro, but the key thing is they will take a while and you will wait. Tac alert every ten days, you say? Screw that noise. You sound like you want to complete your collection and run along, that's not going to happen. That would ruin every sense of time and effort progression ever, and drain Warframe of players as they burn through all these guns running interceptions all in one day, and now have nothing left to work for.

It's a stern view on that, but it's a fair one. I would kill for all the stuf I missed, but, you know what I do? I just sit back and wait until it comes. And that will doesn't come, I make my peace with and accept I will never have that item.

Offering them for Plat is a similarily boneheaded idea, this would crash the market any time a new gun came out- if you missed it, just wait until it gets added to the pack! There would be little to no incentive to run tactical alerts or farm for Ducats for Baro. Think of everyone else, for a second, please.

(Use Radial Blind) 

Parry only uses energy if you channel your EB (Hold left click). It still blocks around 80% without channelling. I really see no point in needing to block the full 100%. The 80 without channelling is more than enough. And if I'm in a room full of enemies, I'll just use Radial, then use channelling with life strike and get it all back at once. 

Although I see where the issue lies if you use a melee channelling build with EB. I personally just use it normally combined with Radial for more damage when needed and find the auto-parry extremely useful seeing as it block a large portion of incoming damage (although with the new parkour system it's actually fairly easy to dodge a lot of it anyway).

I suppose is comes down to if you're using a channelling build really. I hadn't actually thought of doing that because I don't find it to be needed but I suppose there are people that do have an issue as, by the sounds of it, they only channelling.

Parry only uses energy if you channel your EB (Hold left click). It still blocks around 80% without channelling. I really see no point in needing to block the full 100%.

It's not about how much you block it's simply about loosing a garbageload of energy as soon as you start channeling. And using RB is NOT(!) a fix, it's a means to (hopefully) prevent a stupid system from draining even more energy and, I repeat, NOT a fix.

I suppose is comes down to if you're using a channelling build really. I hadn't actually thought of doing that because I don't find it to be needed but I suppose there are people that do have an issue as, by the sounds of it, they only channelling.

What probably most of us are talking about is the simple "I need my health topped, let me life strike for a split sec" situation in which you can/will loose tons of energy when hit by enemies. A pure channeling build would be completely impossible for Excal in EB, though these builds are not making sense anyway, but that's another topic.

So you're saying some random guy in de can just throw in any old changes in a hotfix and get it pushed out?

I'm saying that there's multiple people responsible for making the game, there's multiple people responsible for changes and updates, and when it comes time to push an update out they include recent changes submitted to the public branch.

There have been times when stuff ended up in the public branch that wasn't intended because somebody pushed something to the wrong branch, or somebody had an idea that conflicted with somebody else's, or somebody changed and then pushed some files not realizing that somebody else's changes would be nulled by the second changes, etc.

If everybody always required the explicit overview and permission of a single person for every single file change and update included each patch, the game would be a lot slower to release.

because I'm pretty sure one of the higher ups has to approve of whatever is being sent out to live clients in hot fixes and such.

The Excal broken line-of-sight initial Radial Blind update says hello, where DE explicitly says that was not intended to be pushed to the public branch (even referring to it as unintended in the update that changed it back).

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/308250-radial-blind-status/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/308432-hotfix-1461/

So no, that's not how it works.

I'm saying that there's multiple people responsible for making the game, there's multiple people responsible for changes and updates, and when it comes time to push an update out they include recent changes submitted to the public branch.

There have been times when stuff ended up in the public branch that wasn't intended because somebody pushed something to the wrong branch, or somebody had an idea that conflicted with somebody else's, or somebody changed and then pushed some files not realizing that somebody else's changes would be nulled by the second changes, etc.

If everybody always required the explicit overview and permission of a single person for every single file change and update included each patch, the game would be a lot slower to release.

The Excal broken line-of-sight initial Radial Blind update says hello, where DE explicitly says that was not intended to be pushed to the public branch (even referring to it as unintended in the update that changed it back).

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/308250-radial-blind-status/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/308432-hotfix-1461/

So no, that's not how it works.

All of which explains why they then left in the game for 2 months.

All of which explains why they then left in the game for 2 months.

I listed multiple possibilities, one of which being simply a design oversight (not realizing just how much of a damage difference it would make compared to other ults. to expand on it).

The Elytron`s Thumper will now combine with previous Thumpers if it detonates within its radius. This will refresh the duration on the previous Thumper and allow damage to stack up to 4 times

So. How are we supposed to get some exp into those lackluster AW 'shinies' you throw at us? Surely i see Thumper that was craziely stackable; but with randomly oneshotting grineerrockets or unballanced blastprocs all over at lvl ~25 such op abilities made somewhat sense and fun.

Do you expect us no to nofun exterminate or sabotage games with itzal-rushers for 1k exp per run? Thanks but no thanks. I'll rank up some new AW crap or not. This gamemode as is - sadly to say - is dying.

Edited by ayugamex