The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Must Have Mods For Loki?

(XBOX)Vanilla Haiku

Question

i just started doing red veil on excal trying to get rank 5 i know it'll take some time to get rank5 for hushed invisibility. i would farm for loki parts but im still weak atm. i just got Saturn yesterday and id be happy if anybody will help me get loki parts.

what are the must have mods for loki or loki prime while staying invisible as possible?

what area's for the must have mods located at?

12 answers to this question

The best mods for Loki are duration mods, followed by range mods. So, Continuity (Primed if you can get it), Stretch, Narrow Minded, Overextended, and Constitution.

For syndicate mods, I would actually prioritize getting Irradiating Disarm over Hushed Invisibility. You can get silent weapons easily, or throw a Hush mod on your weapon, or just melee (melee is always silent). ID is fantastic for crowd control.

Edited by motorfirebox

My Loki build:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/421438228641558383/17CD8AA936747ACFFCE2F4AB1957D9C64EDCB64E/

It is not perfect. The energy efficiency is not capped (70%, while 75% is max) and I don't yet have Primed Continuity to replace the regular one.

However, this build is almost neutral in terms of energy restored during invisibity (just one second behind to restore the same amount of energy as was used to cast Invisibility), while also giving you some range for Radial Disarm coupled with its augment mod - Irradiating Disarm, which is one of the best CC abilities in the game.

If you just want to use Invisibility to stay invisible as long as possible and not planning on using Radial Disarm that often, you could put in Constitution instead of Irradiating Disarm, in which case you will be gaining a bit more energy than you spend for casting. Or otherwise, you can swap Continuity for Primed Continuity (if you haver it) and you will be able to keep Irradiating Disarm and still gain a bit of energy once Invisibility ends.

You might also consider using Flow/Primed Flow for more energy instead of Redirection (if you don't mind being even squishier than Loki already is) or Irradiating Disarm or Overextended. Or swap Irradiating Disarm and Redirection for Flow/Primed Flow+Quick Thinking to increase survivability. But the key to staying invisible all the time is high efficiency (75% max) coupled with high duration (that is, with Energy Siphon, of course, otherwise, you have to pick up energy orbs).

P. S. Don't pay attention to formaed polarities, I did it a long time ago, when I was still new to Warframe and Loki was one of the starter frames. And there were no auras back then. It can obviously be formaed way more efficienltly. :-)

Edited by frohdoe

Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, Constitution, Streamline, Narrowminded, Overextended, Redirection/Quick Thinking depending, and Radial Disarm with Energy Siphon and once we get update 17 I'll probably use Handspring, Rush, or Enemy Radar in the new mod slot just depends. I also have the Arcane Swindle helmet for more range on the Disarm. This build gets you 34 seconds of invisibility.

Yes, a nice build too, focused more around having a larger energy pool rather than replenishing a smaller one during invisibility. Most of the time you will pick up enough energy orbs to make that larger pool perform on par with or better than a smaller self-replenishing one despite lower efficiency. I just prefer to be independent of pickups. It's more of a matter of preference and whether you're running in a random or pre-made group. In a pre-made group you might wanna opt for the higher energy pool, cause your main task would be to cast Radial Disarm, not stay invisible all the time.

Fleeting Expertise. Period. Duration is nice, but maximum efficiency is a game changer. 

Overextended. For your Disarming builds, max range is important. Very important.

Loki is one of a few frames - like Nyx and Saryn - who really need Corrupted mods to reach their max potential. Equinox seems like another, to be honest, and the new Frost as well. 

TL;DR near end of post.

I have 2 main builds, none of which are "balanced".

Perma-invis Loki (more for solo)

- Maxed duration with Narrow minded, Continuity, Constitution (>30sec invis duration)

- You don't really require RD (since solo and since you are invisible anyway), so ignore range

- You don't really use energy that much (since invis lasts long between recasts), so don't need maxed efficiency or much energy pool (unless you have quick thinking too)

(I)RD Loki

- maxed Efficiency with (Streamline + non maxed Fleeting Expertise) || (Fleeting Expertise + arcane helm + 1 extra slot)  <= because I want to be able to spam this like once every 3-5 seconds if necessary

- maxed range (Stretch, Overextended)

- some duration (Continuity/Constitution - I usually still keep a 10 sec invis to overcome really tight spots)

- optional Irradiating Disarm augment.

TL;DR:

Overall, I would roughly list the following as most "important" to me (ignoring common mods like Continuity/Stretch and their prime variants etc):

- Constitution - for invis build

- Narrow Minded - for invis build

- Overextended - for RD build

- Fleeting Expertise - for RD build

The rest are pretty much customizable.

Max Range and Max Efficiency are for my Disarm Loki build.  Though I've been swapping out Redirection for Quick Thinking and back again.  Depending on mood I guess.

But for Spy missions and more "General Loki-ing"  I sacrifice some range and efficiency in favor of duration and Hushed Invisibility. Oh and use Energy Siphon for the Aura. 

The Exilus slot is really not needed and completely ignorable here.   But I plan on playing around with it to see if I find it useful enough to even think about recommending it.   

Edited by Don_T_Shoot