Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #58 Overview

AM-Bunny

The model isnt finished yet *facepalm*

Also people learn: its NOT pre vorpis model, its a "restored" model, since original is gone, they made a "look a like" hence here powers are the same

? no its definitely Pre-Cropus Valkyr, where did you even get it that it was called restored? since day one its been called pre coprus skin for her. 

The model isnt finished yet *facepalm*

Also people learn: its NOT pre vorpis model, its a "restored" model, since original is gone, they made a "look a like" hence here powers are the same

Its pre-corpus valkyr, aka before she got kidnapped and stuff. What you're talking about is usually named "vandal ____" , if that was the case this skin would have been called vandal valkyr or something along those lines.

And we all know her abilities are gonna stay the same, maybe some tweaks on how they look , especially when you cast hysteria , since she doesn't have those ..things on her wrists anymore. Maybe some little wings on the back so she can actually be a valkyria??

Edited by (PS4)EvilFlowerChild

And excalibur has already been nerfed a couple times, both in power and indirectly because of the new blocking mechanics.

Can't wait to see how long it takes for frost to start getting nerfed.

I would call it balance. But they are looking into Blocking (for all frames even) Excal is STILL powerfull AF. Idk why you complain about him. 

Didnt we get specials here as well? Excalibur Prime? I was under the impression that Umbra Excalibur Prime is that equivalent for China's early adopters.

Only the PC players got Excalibur Prime.

The only way for a console player to possibly own Excalibur Prime is if said player migrated his/her PC account into a console account.

Just like I said, China basically gets an Excalibur Prime Warframe just because they're China, while console players only get skins for Excalibur and a few guns nobody really uses anymore. An Xbox skin for the regular Latron? Really? I don't know anyone who would use the regular version of the Latron with the primed version being in their arsenal. Other than for mastery points, of course.

Edited by Repiaru

"Brawler Frame that is much simpler than recent more complex frames".

You taking a stab at Limbo and his confusing rift mechanics, DE?

"Reworks". Oh cool, where's the Ember one? In the backBURNER? At least I felt a JOLT of ELECTRIC happiness when I saw Volt was getting reworked.

(HA. HA. My humour is almost as grim as penUMBRA. OkIwillstopthisnow)

"4 frames in development" Welp, Limbo my boy, looks like you're not going to pick up items inside Cataclysm  (read: a bubble where EVERYTHING is SUPPOSEDLY in the rift) anytime soon, sorry my dear main. defixpls

Calling it, one of them has gotta be Typhus. Infested Mios, anyone?

Speaking of Infested Mios and other good stuff, where's our Tenno Rapier?

Let me rephrase that, WHEN's our Tenno Rapier?

AlsoLimboImmortalSkinAndTweaksWhen

"Brawler Frame that is much simpler than recent more complex frames".

You taking a stab at Limbo and his confusing rift mechanics, DE?

"Reworks". Oh cool, where's the Ember one? In the backBURNER? At least I felt a JOLT of ELECTRIC happiness when I saw Volt was getting reworked.

(HA. HA. My humour is almost as grim as penUMBRA. OkIwillstopthisnow)

"4 frames in development" Welp, Limbo my boy, looks like you're not going to pick up items inside Cataclysm  (read: a bubble where EVERYTHING is SUPPOSEDLY in the rift) anytime soon, sorry my dear main. defixpls

Calling it, one of them has gotta be Typhus. Infested Mios, anyone?

Speaking of Infested Mios and other good stuff, where's our Tenno Rapier?

Let me rephrase that, WHEN's our Tenno Rapier?AlsoLimboImmortalSkinAndTweaksWhen

Didn't they specifically say Typhus wasn't one of the 4?

Not bothered personally, can't see what the fuss is about myself but to each their own.

Lots of good stuff coming it seems, especially the new skins and syndicate weapons.

Thanks for the thread Bunny, as always.

They look really nice - for sure - but I can't help but feel like the mark for "Warframe aesthetic" was missed. Compared to several fan designs I've seen that were spot-on, and that seems like a shame. Oh well, I suppose they're just bonus skins -- Proto-Excal doesn't exactly look Warframe-y but that's the benefit of being a bonus skin.

I'm compelled to argue that as far as rules for "Warframe Aesthetic" go, there are really only two:

1. Beautifully stylised

2. Vaguely organic

And all of the skins hit those two marks to at least some degree.

Oh come on, how long would it take for DE to add Typhus? 

What is this "Typhus" everyone is talking about?

I am pretty confused about liset 2.0, since both concept art and animations that shown liset docking/docked with orbiter shown that docking place for liset is pretty form fiting for it, and no other shape could dock there, so if liset 2.0 means that they will replace cool liset dock for generic docking then I dont want it at all, since currently when liset docks with orbiter it becomes "face" of huge "excalibur"(not exactly excalibur but pretty similar) on the back of orbiter

me3joPZ.jpg

I have no idea how could they dock new lisets with this without destroying what makes it look so awesome...

That little blue thing at the very top of the ship there... Yeah... That's the Liset.

The rest of that huge ship is the orbiter compartment.

That little blue thing at the very top of the ship there... Yeah... That's the Liset.

The rest of that huge ship is the orbiter compartment.

Yes, but the shape is clearly designed for the default Liset. It fits perfectly like that. If the Liset was shaped differently, it wouldn't fit in the "nose".

Yes, but the shape is clearly designed for the default Liset. It fits perfectly like that. If the Liset was shaped differently, it wouldn't fit in the "nose".

You are misunderstanding how small it is, I'm o. My phone so I dunno how to circle it and show you, but the liset is literally a couple of those blue pixels at the very very tip of the nose, no matter the shape of the liset it will fit into the orbiter. If someone else can circle what I'm talking about that would be dope I'll try to find the wip docking animation or a picture of what I'm talking about. That orbiter is COLOSSAL compared to the liset.

Also, what are the other four Warframes they said were currently in development?

A long-running popular fan concept.

Overrated, IMHO, but people are too distracted by RedSkittlez's amazing art to evaluate it appropriately.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-the-parasite-warframe-update-25082015/

Huh, just an opinion, but I looked over it and I _really_ love those powers.

Ok here maybe this image will clear it up :-)http://rs942.pbsrc.com/albums/ad270/Z3GR4M/FC4AFE0B-8B31-45D5-AC5B-F23D95B33D44_zpsu2h0gfmg.jpg~320x480

Hopefully that worked.

Yeah I know, i saw it the whole time. Sorry you went through that trouble.

If you have a round hole - even a really small one - you can't fit a square peg into it. The place where the Liset integrates into the Orbiter is ckearly designed for default Liset.

Edited by AM-Bunny

You are misunderstanding how small it is, I'm o. My phone so I dunno how to circle it and show you, but the liset is literally a couple of those blue pixels at the very very tip of the nose, no matter the shape of the liset it will fit into the orbiter. If someone else can circle what I'm talking about that would be dope I'll try to find the wip docking animation or a picture of what I'm talking about. That orbiter is COLOSSAL compared to the liset.

I think you are the one misunderstanding, AM-Bunny and me are saying that new liset designs wont fit in that space  you showed in your link, original liset shape is sting ray-like and docking port is constructed in such way that only sting ray-like lisets can dock there, both of new designs for liset wouldnt fit there which probably means they will have to scrap this type of docking for liset and possibly completly redesign orbiter, I dont think they will create such fitting port for every design of liset which probably means they will make liset land in generic spaceship hangar in the orbiter.

warframe__tenno_cruiser_by_sbigham-d7k0y

This is early version of orbiter design, as you can see in the pic there was no special docking port for liset instead liset landed in generic spaceship hangar, I hate this version compared to newer one, sadly new lisets will probably mean we will return to design similar to this one :(

Edited by Culaio

I think you are the one misunderstanding, AM-Bunny and me are saying that new liset designs wont fit in that space  you showed in your link, original liset shape is sting ray-like and docking port is constructed in such way that only sting ray-like lisets can dock there, both of new designs for liset wouldnt fit there which probably means they will have to scrap this type of docking for liset and possibly completly redesign orbiter, I dont think they will create such fitting port for every design of liset which probably means they will make liset land in generic spaceship hangar in the orbiter.

warframe__tenno_cruiser_by_sbigham-d7k0y

This is early version of orbiter design, as you can see in the pic there was no special docking port for liset instead liset landed in generic spaceship hangar, I hate this version compared to newer one, sadly new lisets will probably mean we will return to design similar to this one :(

It's likely that every liset variant will have it's own corresponding orbiter compartment.