The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Rewards Need Fixed Asap

BlackCoMerc

Third round of Draco (run the legit way, not the Mesa farm) and we get: 3 uncommon fusion cores. This after two common mods, mind you.

Three rounds of wasted time. Utterly, completely wasted. Not one rare drop. Not one rewarding piece of loot, the entire mission. And it culminates in one T4 Survival key. A key which will require four players - 3 minimum - all of whom have the time to invest in a 20+ minute mission of grueling difficulty which will itself doubtless yield Orokin Cells, a Forma BP and a prime part we all have already.

Needless to say, I quite the game after this. Probably for a nice, long break. Long meaning weeks, not hours. I've gotten bad drops in loot based games before, but at least they were mildly interesting. Never before have I received "rewards" from a game so bad they actively made me want to play or do something else with my time. 

Listen, DE: IF I can run four rounds of Draco - even with a team - I have literally ZERO use for uncommon Fusion cores. I cannot - CANNOT - progress my mods with anything other than R5's at this point. You're giving me stuff that is not just useless. It is actively punishing me for NOT doing something more rewarding with my time. And this is to say nothing of the plainly stupid idea of even allowing players to receive common mods at or above Rank 25 missions - more less rank 35. 

Why do we bother? Do we enjoy the moment to moment game play of Warframe? Sure we do. But its so much more enjoyable to receive rewards one can actually USE at all in exchange for the time spent partaking of that game play. Because other games also offer compelling game play experiences, except, they dont actively punish me with useless garbage I cant use in exchange for playing. 

Some games offer compelling, varied loot. Others, a narrative experience. Some offer both, in exchange for my time.

Warframe keeps giving me the same garbage on Draco I can get running Rank 5-10 Interceptions on Earth. 

This has gone from frustrating when we first began mentioning it to you who knows how long ago, to just plain dumb. That its still happening is stupid. No other word exists for this. And its made all the more frustrating by the understanding that DE are NOT stupid. Not by long margin.

No one who can build the compelling game play and world of Warframe is dumb. So please tell me why this "reward" system still exists? Because its actively driving me to play - and spend my money on - other games, and NOT this one.