Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Secondary Fire Doesn't Work

marciokpo

Hello DE I've seen that since many days Tigris secondary fire is not working , firing a shot alone was really usefull for single targets in this shotgun having in mind tigris only has 2 base shots so i'd recommend fixing this bug as soon as possible . Thanks

Tigris Changes:

The addition of alt-fire on the Tigris came as an unintended change during the split of alt-fire and aim. As a result, the alternative fire button on the Tigris has been removed. Players can now tap the attack button once for a both barrels, or hold down the fire button to delay firing the second barrel. Please note that this does not change the DPS of the Tigris!

Read them patch notes, yo!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/514266-update-172/ says

The addition of alt-fire on the Tigris came as an unintended change during the split of alt-fire and aim. As a result, the alternative fire button on the Tigris has been removed. Players can now tap the attack button once for a both barrels, or hold down the fire button to delay firing the second barrel. Please note that this does not change the DPS of the Tigris!

Well he's taking it a lot better than most of the community.  A tip of the hat to you, marciokpo, for that.

The more "strong" reactions from the community are at least justified, so I don't know if it's worth congratulating him for acting differently.

Edited by Nitresco

The more "strong" reactions from the community are at least justified, so I don't know if it's worth congratulating him for acting differently.

No the more "Strong" reactions are not justified at all. The intended use/mechanic was accidentally changed and now it is back to what it should be, but the community can only complain than they once again need to use their brains and think when shooting the weapon properly. 

No the more "Strong" reactions are not justified at all. The intended use/mechanic was accidentally changed and now it is back to what it should be, but the community can only complain than they once again need to use their brains and think when shooting the weapon properly. 

Actually thats not the reasoning behind people wanting the altfire back at all.

But what would I know about how I feel eh?

Here I was thinking it was because most people don't even know you can fire a single shot by holding the trigger and because for many and in many in game situations its an awkward and pointless mechanic. The option already exists, but the method is more cumbersome then it has to be.and having the option there for both firing methods allows everyone to enjoy using the weapon.

Right now it kind of comes across as DE making the weapon harder to use for the sake of it.

Hek, I'm yet to be met with a reasonable argument from people against it beyond people being really elitist and hipster about it.  

Only one person has provided me with a somewhat valid reason. I didn't fully agree, but they had a sound argument at least.

I mean your point applies in many other, more controversial forum topics, but not really here.

People really just wanted it to stay because it was comfortable and nice to have the option.

I'm saying this as a long time tigris user. I still love it, just having the option was nice for when I needed it.

Alas, debating it at this point is kind of moot.

All that being said, DE has said "No. its never happening" on many occasions only to have said thing be implemented months later.

Like with UI timers for buffs and a separate aim/altfire button.

A Tenno can dream.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I really cant agree with that, that mechanic has nothing to do with "using your brain", in my opinion it's just an annoying feature.

I really cant agree with that, that mechanic has nothing to do with "using your brain", in my opinion it's just an annoying feature.

This I dont understand.

Some people says that they HATED the alt-fire for the Tigris, but it was optional. If you didnt like the alt-fire you simply dont have to use it and pretend its never there.

I really dont get it. 

One of the other Guides of the Lotus cannot use the Tigris at all because of an injury she has which prevents her from putting too much strain on her hands, which means she physically cannot hold down the duplex-auto trigger to delay the second shot. The altfire actually made it usable for her.

It had nothing to do with "using your brain", and everything to do with ease-of-access and use.

Here I was thinking it was because most people don't even know you can fire a single shot by holding the trigger and because for many and in many in game situations its an awkward and pointless mechanic. The option already exists, but the method is more cumbersome then it has to be.and having the option there for both firing methods allows everyone to enjoy using the weapon.

This is pretty much what I'm thinking. They have an alt-fire button for alternate versions of firing. But instead the alternate fire method was moved to ... holding down the primary fire button because .... Crap, I dunno. The decision makes no sense at all. Create a 2-button fire system, then take a weapon with 2 fire types and put both on 1 button leaving the other unused. I mean, what the heck kind of sense does that make?

Actually thats not the reasoning behind people wanting the altfire back at all.

But what would I know about how I feel eh?

Right now it kind of comes across as DE making the weapon harder to use for the sake of it.

Hek, I'm yet to be met with a reasonable argument from people against it beyond people being really elitist and hipster about it.  

Only one person has provided me with a somewhat valid reason. I didn't fully agree, but they had a sound argument at least.

I mean your point applies in many other, more controversial forum topics, but not really here.

People really just wanted it to stay because it was comfortable and nice to have the option.

I'm saying this as a long time tigris user. I still love it, just having the option was nice for when I needed it.

Alas, debating it at this point is kind of moot.

All that being said, DE has said "No. its never happening" on many occasions only to have said thing be implemented months later.

Like with UI timers for buffs and a separate aim/altfire button.

A Tenno can dream.

too much to bother reading here, probably not worth my time anyway.

So then don't use the weapon if you can't play it properly, lol

One of the other Guides of the Lotus cannot use the Tigris at all because of an injury she has which prevents her from putting too much strain on her hands, which means she physically cannot hold down the duplex-auto trigger to delay the second shot. The altfire actually made it usable for her.

It had nothing to do with "using your brain", and everything to do with ease-of-access and use.

Theres plenty of people who can't play Archwing becasue of depth perception & dizzyness issues that occur, but how does that really matter. Not everything is for everyone and not everyone can do everything. The mechanic of the tigris makes you have to think about how you will utilize the single/double shot. Let's go and make sure that every single person who plays this game enjoys and can actually use every feature or it can't be released ever!

if you actually think that, then i can't take you seriously. ever.

I can't take you seriously so I guess it is mutual. At least I know how to use the weapon and its mechanic doubleshot properly the way it has always been there from release. 

At least I know how to use the weapon and its mechanic doubleshot properly the way it has always been there from release.

oh, please. sit down. it's not like it's difficult to use Duplex Auto, it's just annoying and unnecessary.

i mean, sure, you could assemble an Engine with just a Spanner, but if you're smart you use a Torque Wrench. however obviously you should use a Spanner because it requires you to think more. and break more Engines.

which is the best part about Alternate Fire. if you want to use a different tool, it doesn't get in your way to have another one in the Garage.

but you can pretend it gets in your way, even though that's idiotic.

and you can pretend that Duplex Auto has some sort of Skill involved, when it just as often forces you to Reload for no good reason when you don't have enough Targets to need to use more than one Shell.

but, you can pretend it's better in every situation and you should always have it because you're emotionally attached to it for whatever reason.

excuse me while i make a Weapon that requires you to spin around in a circle once after every time you fire, otherwise the Weapon jams for 10 seconds. you also must fire during the Reload otherwise the Weapon jams for 5 seconds.

it must be the most Skill Based Weapon, requiring you to think! it would truly be a Weapon of master.

and pair that with forcing a proprietary peripheral that only quadruple amputees can use. if you can't use it, it's okay, because not everyone can do everything, so just don't play the game if you don't like something. as that's the answer to every problem.

i'll be over here in not crazy land.

Edited by taiiat

oh, please. sit down. it's not like it's difficult to use Duplex Auto, it's just annoying and unnecessary.

i mean, sure, you could assemble an Engine with just a Spanner, but if you're smart you use a Torque Wrench. however obviously you should use a Spanner because it requires you to think more. and break more Engines.

which is the best part about Alternate Fire. if you want to use a different tool, it doesn't get in your way to have another one in the Garage.

but you can pretend it gets in your way, even though that's idiotic.

and you can pretend that Duplex Auto has some sort of Skill involved, when it just as often forces you to Reload for no good reason when you don't have enough Targets to need to use more than one Shell.

but, you can pretend it's better in every situation and you should always have it because you're emotionally attached to it for whatever reason.

excuse me while i make a Weapon that requires you to spin around in a circle once after every time you fire, otherwise the Weapon jams for 10 seconds. you also must fire during the Reload otherwise the Weapon jams for 5 seconds.

it must be the most Skill Based Weapon, requiring you to think! it would truly be a Weapon of master.

and pair that with forcing a proprietary peripheral that only quadruple amputees can use. if you can't use it, it's okay, because not everyone can do everything, so just don't play the game if you don't like something. as that's the answer to every problem.

i'll be over here in not crazy land.

still too much useless chatter in here about car stuff and tools or something. don't have time to read it, nor do I care.

The recent change to alt fire is not how the weapon was intended, like it or not, the zoom function of the Tigris always worked fine and there is/was no need too unintentionally break the doubleshot mechanic as it was designed. 

Again in plain English the ALT FIRE function was put in place for weapons which secondary lacked the use of a zoom feature. The Tigris always had a functional zoom feature which worked fine, i.e. was not broken. 

"UPDATE"

Since everyone spoke their minds, and could not handle the criticism of being wrong on the issue it appears all the prior users have un-followed the topic.Never a shocker.

Edited by DogManDan

The recent change to alt fire is not how the weapon was intended, like it or not, the zoom function of the Tigris always worked fine and there is/was no need too unintentionally break the doubleshot mechanic as it was designed. 

Again in plain English the ALT FIRE function was put in place for weapons which secondary lacked the use of a zoom feature. The Tigris always had a functional zoom feature which worked fine, i.e. was not broken.

It it's not broken, don't fix it.

I can safely assume that alt-fire on Tigris made it much more viable, enjoyable and easier to use for many people out there, be it people who loved Tigris or people who hated it for duplex-auto trigger.

Alt-fire on Tigris was a bug that should've turned out to be a feature, not something DE should've patched out.

Which is even weirder when considering DE's pro-handicap nature, which allows certain players to e.g. use macros if their health doesn't allow to perform some actions.

Quo vadis DE.

too much to bother reading here, probably not worth my time anyway.

What the hell is that kind of attitude? If you didn't bother to read, why even quote?

On the topic:

I'm not happy with removing the Tigris's "accidental" alt. fire feature. You see, the model and the overall look are truly amazing.

However, let's be honest, duplex-auto trigger mechanic is crap. It's unintuitive, uncomfortable and gimmicky. And the alt fire fixed all of that. If you didn't want to put strain on your hands or wanted to prolong the life of mouse's left click a bit, there you go - alt fire mode is there for you.

I'm no weapon expert, but none of the double-barrel shotguns IRL have this kind of trigger mechanic. There are 2 triggers for each barrel. You can press them one by one to release the barrels separately, or press them all together to release both. I see no point in having duplex-auto. Primary fire should have released one barrel, and the alt fire - both barrels from the very beginning. Sure, this is Tigris's unique feature, but in the name of usability, QOL and holy common sense, it should just go and never return.

Next up, the reload isn't done like that. Firstly, it should be faster, around 1.2 sec at base. We're damn space ninjas, masters of blade and gun, aren't we? Secondly, it's inconvenient to insert shells into the barrels one by one. Why even do it like that? They're generally inserted in 2-packs (no pun intended), similar to revolvers's 6-pack. Shoot all your rounds and reload with a new pack.

Clearly, it's not the player's fault. The weapon's functionality is not what it supposed to actually be. I'm not talking about the initial design, but what it should have been like, adding a bit of common sense and logic, obviously.

Edited by Ryuji-kun

Secondly, it's inconvenient to insert shells into the barrels one by one. Why even do it like that? They're generally inserted in 2-packs (no pun intended), similar to revolvers's 6-pack. Shoot all your rounds and reload with a new pack.

In real double-barrel shotties, barrels are right next to each other, while in Tigris' case, there's a huge gap in-between.

We would require either a very wide loader or very wide, mutated hands to insert both at once.

In realism aspect, the master Tenno gunsmith failed Tigris design by a lot, it looks cool but it's terrible from ergonomic standpoint.

Edited by Mofixil

meh coptering was a bug too people liked it we labeled it as a feature. glad coptering is gone but still kinda want my alt fire back on tigris :/ maybe the sancti one will have alt fire

Knowing DE, alt fire might come back at some point after all. For now, the community just needs to express feedback more.

it do use brain to calculate wuts the better

even so i was fan of the alternate

i admit it was ruining the weapon idea......

Also as i said last week , they can remoove this if they have an augment for it....

Cool thing they spoiled way better than an augment... Just a Pure syndic weapon upgrade

How could we complain?