Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Summary of gameplay feedback

Torbin

Hello DE! Loving the game so far, thought I would put together a list of comments and concerns for your consideration. I'll try to keep things short and to the point.

First off, I want to congratulate the devs on making a fantastic game. After playing for the last two weeks or so, I thought I would post my take on the game (note, I am basing this only on personal experience, I do not intend to sound like I am making all-encompassing claims for the entire community).

UI

Being a veteran of FPS/TPS, the lack of a centralized HUD is a concern. Playing on a rather large monitor (1900x1200), it is at times difficult to find shield/HP info at a glance, and the shield down-taking HP damage glow isn’t enough.

Solution - A centralized HUD option, similar to Planetside 2 for instance, would go a long way.

UI display of XP gained

The breakdown of XP at the end of the game is great, however a bit confusing. Some of this might be a known bug, but I have played missions where I used my pistol exclusively, to get zero xp, and 2000 bonus XP.

Solution – Enable xp for partial damage (see melee), and tweak the score screen.

UI display of the mod loadout screen

I would love to be able to sort mods by category, such as different tabs for warframe, pistol, rifle, etc. It is also difficult to tell the result in equipping stacking mods (two +armor mods, for example)

Solution - In the loadout screen, a summary of bonus stats would allow us to tell what we gain/lose when equipping new and different mods. An inventory sorting method with tabs would allow us to see what we’ve acquired.

Ammo

As stated by others on the forums, specifically for rifle ammo, drops are just too inconsistent, and ammo supply on some weapons is just not enough. On my Hek (great design there, btw) I virtually never run out of ammo, where as other weapons I really want to like, such as the Afuris, I just cannot due to the ammo constraints.

Solution – either increase ammo drops, enable group looting of ammo, or increase starting ammo for some weapons.

Melee

Leveling up melee weapons can simply be a pain, which is a shame as that’s one of the strengths of the game. If forum wisdom is correct, you only get XP from a killing blow, and the melee xp itself seems to be low.

Solution – Enable xp for partial damage and not just killing blows, increase melee xp

Mods

One of the things I enjoy about the game is the leveling and mod (loot) search. However, it is too difficult to find mods in a match. While players have been courteous enough to mark the mods with a waypoint, in the thick of battle these can get lost.

Solution – an audible “ping” sound effect when the mod drops, a ping on the minimap, or other stronger visual effect. Ideally, group looting of mods similar to shared credits, could be enabled. It is a co-op game after all, and I don’t know why someone wouldn’t want to pick up a mod.

End game

While I only have one warframe at 30, I can see an impass when it comes to leveling our characters. After playing for enough time, we'll all end up with level 30s of every warframe alt.

Solution - a form of promotion to our warframes. Once we hit 30, we can promote, be reset down to level one, with some form of bonus. Extra damage, extra shields, faster XP gain on the second round of leveling up, etc.

New weapons

One thing I would love to see added is an option to wield a pistol AND a sword (similar to bolt pistol and chainsword for you 40k fans). The dual wielding mechanic is already in place, and the elements are already there!

Once again, thank you DE for creating a fantastic game, I’m looking forward to see what comes in the weeks and months ahead!

Hello DE! Loving the game so far, thought I would put together a list of comments and concerns for your consideration. I'll try to keep things short and to the point.

First off, I want to congratulate the devs on making a fantastic game. After playing for the last two weeks or so, I thought I would post my take on the game (note, I am basing this only on personal experience, I do not intend to sound like I am making all-encompassing claims for the entire community).

UI

Being a veteran of FPS/TPS, the lack of a centralized HUD is a concern. Playing on a rather large monitor (1900x1200), it is at times difficult to find shield/HP info at a glance, and the shield down-taking HP damage glow isn’t enough.

Solution - A centralized HUD option, similar to Planetside 2 for instance, would go a long way.

UI display of XP gained

The breakdown of XP at the end of the game is great, however a bit confusing. Some of this might be a known bug, but I have played missions where I used my pistol exclusively, to get zero xp, and 2000 bonus XP.

Solution – Enable xp for partial damage (see melee), and tweak the score screen.

UI display of the mod loadout screen

I would love to be able to sort mods by category, such as different tabs for warframe, pistol, rifle, etc. It is also difficult to tell the result in equipping stacking mods (two +armor mods, for example)

Solution - In the loadout screen, a summary of bonus stats would allow us to tell what we gain/lose when equipping new and different mods. An inventory sorting method with tabs would allow us to see what we’ve acquired.

Ammo

As stated by others on the forums, specifically for rifle ammo, drops are just too inconsistent, and ammo supply on some weapons is just not enough. On my Hek (great design there, btw) I virtually never run out of ammo, where as other weapons I really want to like, such as the Afuris, I just cannot due to the ammo constraints.

Solution – either increase ammo drops, enable group looting of ammo, or increase starting ammo for some weapons.

Melee

Leveling up melee weapons can simply be a pain, which is a shame as that’s one of the strengths of the game. If forum wisdom is correct, you only get XP from a killing blow, and the melee xp itself seems to be low.

Solution – Enable xp for partial damage and not just killing blows, increase melee xp

Mods

One of the things I enjoy about the game is the leveling and mod (loot) search. However, it is too difficult to find mods in a match. While players have been courteous enough to mark the mods with a waypoint, in the thick of battle these can get lost.

Solution – an audible “ping” sound effect when the mod drops, a ping on the minimap, or other stronger visual effect. Ideally, group looting of mods similar to shared credits, could be enabled. It is a co-op game after all, and I don’t know why someone wouldn’t want to pick up a mod.

End game

While I only have one warframe at 30, I can see an impass when it comes to leveling our characters. After playing for enough time, we'll all end up with level 30s of every warframe alt.

Solution - a form of promotion to our warframes. Once we hit 30, we can promote, be reset down to level one, with some form of bonus. Extra damage, extra shields, faster XP gain on the second round of leveling up, etc.

New weapons

One thing I would love to see added is an option to wield a pistol AND a sword (similar to bolt pistol and chainsword for you 40k fans). The dual wielding mechanic is already in place, and the elements are already there!

Once again, thank you DE for creating a fantastic game, I’m looking forward to see what comes in the weeks and months ahead!

I agree with you about the mods, having like many tabs of mods randomly everywhere, makes it hard going through it all.

and about end game, either making ranks so people will want to stick to whatever warframe they like and improve it even more and you can gain exp after hitting lvl 30 to do new planets or special missions.

Either way, i'm having a blast with the game!

The thing about dual wielding a Pistol/Sword combo sounds interesting, but how would that be possible to implement? You can freely switch between your Pistol and your Sword anyways, but other than that the suggestions sound fine.

I was thinking something along the lines of left click = fire pistol, right click = use melee. First it gives a bit of a change up in combat, and second it already has your melee weapon "out", so you don't have to use that 1/2 second in the swap. Could lead to some interesting mod use, as a fire mod, for instance, would add to both your pistol and melee weapon damage. AP, fire rate, etc all seem to be applicable to both.

I was thinking something along the lines of left click = fire pistol, right click = use melee. First it gives a bit of a change up in combat, and second it already has your melee weapon "out", so you don't have to use that 1/2 second in the swap. Could lead to some interesting mod use, as a fire mod, for instance, would add to both your pistol and melee weapon damage. AP, fire rate, etc all seem to be applicable to both.

ten 10% crit chance mods = infinite crit = GG.

the idea is nice but that would get you a total of TEN mod slots, imagine ANY melee weapon with multishot?!!

In response to your feedback on melee, it is actually the way xp is distributed that is the problem. You see, you only get xp for a gun when it's out. Bonus xp is rewarded for hitting and killing enemies. Because your melee weapon isn't always out, you only get bonus xp for it, hence the slower xp gain. Good luck out there!

In response to your feedback on melee, it is actually the way xp is distributed that is the problem. You see, you only get xp for a gun when it's out. Bonus xp is rewarded for hitting and killing enemies. Because your melee weapon isn't always out, you only get bonus xp for it, hence the slower xp gain. Good luck out there!

supposedly melee EXP was fixed in 5.4.2.