Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Several Questions About Hek & Tigris

_Medo_

Question

1st : Which is better and why ? I know that hek is mainly puncture and tigris is mainly slash but I want a shotgun that one-shots everything in void until 40 mins or 40 waves with less forma. I'm not going for higher 60 or 80 waves / mins. 

2nd : How can I get enough damage for hek to one-shot anything in the 40 wave / min range with my primed point blank rank 8 ? any build pics would be appreciated -- again I want as little forma as possible because everybody hates going to draco or t1 def again and again every forma

3rd : How can I get the same damage for tigris but also with solving this 2 bullet magazine issue? It's almost like a sniper I can't play with this magazine. I don't mind putting more forma to solve this magazine issue but still I want as little as possible.

4th and last : which is best for these shotguns ? more elementals or just damage increase to the normal damage types? what I mean is :  just concentrate on puncture for hek and slash for tigris and then add 2 elemental mods --- OR --- Add damage buff mods like hell's chamber and prime point blank but concentrate more on putting several elemental mods to buff the elemental combos even more ?.

--Reminder ** I have my primed point blank at rank 8 so please consider this if you are going to upload build screenshots ** 

Thanks alot for reading and I hope someone is able to help.

Edited by _Medo_

I'd say the hek.  But mostly cause I really enjoy it.   Especially if you have access to the snydicate mod for it that gives you 200% multistrike on it.

I have my modded for Puncture and blast damage.  though need a 4th forma in it to max it out. 

has 96% status chance, 10,500 puncture damage, with matching blast on it, one one mod point left.  so need one a 4th forma if i want to max out primed point blank

but otherwise use.  Primed Bpoint Blank, Hells chamber, accelerated blast, scattered justice (syndicate mod) breech lader, blaze frigid blast, and scattering inferno.

edit-

Tigris can probably get more damage, with less Forma, but has less ammo hek.  So to counter that would need to give up damage, or just run away while you reload.

Edited by Tveoh

1.)They are very good.It depends on your playstyle (New Loka Tigris will come soon so imo I would go for the hek until they release the new Loka Tigris)

2.)Damage mods,Right elements,Some punch through.

3.)You might want to put ammo stock but you will need to sacrifice a mod slot for that.

4.)I can't test it out now.Try to use elements then see how much damage it deals,then try to use normal damage mods. (it works,I tried using Brakk with pummel the impact mod for pistols and then I tried to use elements and found out that I can do more damage with my Brakk when I add elements instead of normal damage mods.)

Physical damage mods are very 'meh'. Often they provide less damage than elements, and even when they do deal more direct damage the proc dilution away from elemental procs makes tha advantage very minimal.

For example, using +120% puncture on the Hek provides a nice damage bump against armored targets, but the Puncture proc becomes more likely (and that's a pretty terrible proc effect). If you were to install say a 90% element instead your damage against armor might drop a bit, but you'd have a much better chance to have a powerful elemental proc effect.

Both the Tigris and the Hek hit very hard, but the Tigris hits harder - and also slower. IMO the Hek is the far more balanced selection of the two, spreading out the damage done over more shots and thus much better at killing crowds of enemies. It also gets the benefits of a Syndicate mod, giving it a radial AoE and a health restore, pretty potent stuff. You can install Ammo Stock on the Hek for only 5 mod points which will increase it to a 6 round mag, making it much more user friendly, imo.

low forma engame hek -> http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Hek/t_30_22230000_165-6-3-166-7-3-167-5-3-170-3-5-178-0-5-365-4-3-482-1-10-546-2-5_178-8-482-7-546-6-170-6-365-7-167-9-165-9-166-5/en/2-0-31/67667

going for more shots on tigris is a pretty bad idea imo, try reload speed mod and manual reloading (hit reload right after the shot) instead for better crowd killing. but as others mentioned sancti tigris is around the corner, might wanna hold your formas for that one -> http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Tigris/t_30_22230030_167-7-3-171-5-5-175-6-5-178-0-5-188-4-5-359-3-5-482-1-10-546-2-5_178-8-482-7-546-6-359-6-188-7-171-11-175-6-167-9/en/2-0-35/67670

Physical damage mods are very 'meh'. Often they provide less damage than elements, and even when they do deal more direct damage the proc dilution away from elemental procs makes tha advantage very minimal.

For example, using +120% puncture on the Hek provides a nice damage bump against armored targets, but the Puncture proc becomes more likely (and that's a pretty terrible proc effect). If you were to install say a 90% element instead your damage against armor might drop a bit, but you'd have a much better chance to have a powerful elemental proc effect.

Both the Tigris and the Hek hit very hard, but the Tigris hits harder - and also slower. IMO the Hek is the far more balanced selection of the two, spreading out the damage done over more shots and thus much better at killing crowds of enemies. It also gets the benefits of a Syndicate mod, giving it a radial AoE and a health restore, pretty potent stuff. You can install Ammo Stock on the Hek for only 5 mod points which will increase it to a 6 round mag, making it much more user friendly, imo.

Pretty much this

I have everything but PPB maxed on my Hek and can one shot most things. Takes a couple rounds to kill Vor but only maybe one mag. Personally I just find hek to be more balanced between speed, dmg , and Mag size. You'll also get some dmg and cc from the synd effect too.

Edited by Echoa

Sancti Tigris would hit oretty freaking hard. Hek and Tigris are like brothers now in a sense that both at full potential won't have trouble removing a threat (you can kill Lephantis quite easily solo with them after investing enough forma (yes, even if you have a rank 8 primed point blank and each head will take maybe up to the 2nd shot in the second mag before rolling over? Maybe fewer)) for Tigris, you can make it 4 rounds with ammo stock and a rank 1 burdened magazine, but you'll be sacrificing damage to the point hek would be the clear winner in comparison. While modding for reload speed or straight up damage keeps it debateable with pretty higher damage but still 2 shots. Honestly, i'm loving the Tigris more, and the fact it can cut enemies up to the point the body gets duplicated is very amusing

Thank you so much for the detailed explanations. Sorry for not replying I was out for the last 7 or 8 hours. I think I'm gonna use hek till the sancti tigris comes out maybe it will get w magazine buff. I tried to combine what you all said and I came up with this build I think its ok it uses 5 forma which is at least better than my 6 forma synapse. I may not complete the build if I find that 3 forma or 4 forma deal enough damage. 

Here it is tell me what do u think : 

jBRCKAM.png

I Also created a tigris build just incase I want to change and I got the time to forma my tigris or I may just use this for the sancti tigris when it comes out, also tell me what do you think. 

bcSMUjq.png

These Questions are now --ANSWERED-- I won't choose a "best answer" as all the answers are equally helpful and again much gratitude for everybody who took the time to comment. Have a nice day everybody.

Edited by _Medo_

Definitely drop Shotgun Savvy. That's 9 cost for 30% Status Chance when you could get 60% Status Change and 60% Elemental Damage for 7 cost with any of the dual-stat element mods. As you mentioned, Blaze is another superior alternative if you don't care about status chance.

I'm personally against the Ammo Stock and Burdened Magazine combo for Tigris, though a lot of people like it. I would replace them with Seeking Fury and Seeking Force. Even Tactical Pump is superior. This will bring you back to the dreaded mag size of 2, but the 3m punch through will allow each shot to destroy entire mobs so you save ammo in the end. Increased reload speed is also much preferable to mag size, because the Tigris reloads nonstop even with a magazine size of 4. Combine this with Vicious Spread and the Tigris works well against any faction and any range (though you obviously won't be able to snipe at high levels) due to its absurd damage output. What you have currently is a Hek build on a Tigris.

Shotgun savvy is not something i'd put on a shotgun as a good selection of mods are better in its place such as a dual elemental/status mod and blaze, or even seeking fury/seeking force because the punchthrough lets you hit more targets. As for shotgun spazz, i honestly find no need for it on my hek and have punchthrough on it instead

Definitely drop Shotgun Savvy. That's 9 cost for 30% Status Chance when you could get 60% Status Change and 60% Elemental Damage for 7 cost with any of the dual-stat element mods. As you mentioned, Blaze is another superior alternative if you don't care about status chance.

I'm personally against the Ammo Stock and Burdened Magazine combo for Tigris, though a lot of people like it. I would replace them with Seeking Fury and Seeking Force. Even Tactical Pump is superior. This will bring you back to the dreaded mag size of 2, but the 3m punch through will allow each shot to destroy entire mobs so you save ammo in the end. Increased reload speed is also much preferable to mag size, because the Tigris reloads nonstop even with a magazine size of 4. Combine this with Vicious Spread and the Tigris works well against any faction and any range (though you obviously won't be able to snipe at high levels) due to its absurd damage output. What you have currently is a Hek build on a Tigris.

Well it's just my playstyle then. I hate having to reload every 2 secs. especially with this annoying "1 click - 2 shots " tigris burst fire. I'm not used to holding LMB till I aim at the other target this just annoys me so much. So I can't use the tigris at all with those 2 shots.

Shotgun savvy is not something i'd put on a shotgun as a good selection of mods are better in its place such as a dual elemental/status mod and blaze, or even seeking fury/seeking force because the punchthrough lets you hit more targets. As for shotgun spazz, i honestly find no need for it on my hek and have punchthrough on it instead

I don't usually see the usefulness of punch through because the enemies I kill are mostly spread out not lined ready for me in a hallway.

But i will replace shotgun savvy you're right its a bad choice.

While you're at it, replace shotgun spazz for seeking fury/force. Faster fire rate will just make you reload more often.

But the fire rate can save me at times this is why I have shotgun spazz.

Drop Savvy, Spazz and Toxic Barrage and replace them with Blaze, a +40% Ammo Stock, and another 90% elemental for a 6 round Hek.

Or instead of Ammo stock use Seeking Fury for faster reload and moderate punch through. You might not be able to keep the 90% and may have to go back to toxic barrage. 

I don't usually see the usefulness of punch through because the enemies I kill are mostly spread out not lined ready for me in a hallway.

Seeking fury gives punchthrough and reload speed. Very helpful in most situations.

Seeking fury gives punchthrough and reload speed. Very helpful in most situations.

I like the reload speed but I won't use this with the tigris. Maybe hek but not tigris. For tigris i need more ammo not faster reload. It's just a playstyle I don't know I just hate being swarmed by enemies while reloading.

While I hate to use up valuable slots for Punch Through, I have to agree about at least keeping Seeking Fury as a consideration.   On weapons with a small magazine wasting shots can be dangerous.  If you kill the first mob you can't shoot the one behind it until the first has dropped to the floor and if you do shoot too soon, the corpse sucks up all of the damage intended for the second target. 

But with punch through, If you shot through the first one, the Hek and Tigris do so much damage you'll easily kill whatever is behind it with that same shot.

Obviously that doesn't happen all of the time but damn if it doesn't piss me off when the second shot hits the not done dying corpse. .

Drop Savvy, Spazz and Toxic Barrage and replace them with Blaze, a +40% Ammo Stock, and another 90% elemental for a 6 round Hek.

Or instead of Ammo stock use Seeking Fury for faster reload and moderate punch through. You might not be able to keep the 90% and may have to go back to toxic barrage. 

a 4 round hek is pretty enough imo. I use toxic barrage for more corrosive for those damn bombards.

While I hate to use up valuable slots for Punch Through, I have to agree about at least keeping Seeking Fury as a consideration.   On weapons with a small magazine wasting shots can be dangerous.  If you kill the first mob you can't shoot the one behind it until the first has dropped to the floor and if you do shoot too soon, the corpse sucks up all of the damage intended for the second target. 

But with punch through, If you shot through the first one, the Hek and Tigris do so much damage you'll easily kill whatever is behind it with that same shot.

Obviously that doesn't happen all of the time but damn if it doesn't piss me off when the second shot hits the not done dying corpse. .

not sure yet maybe i will use seeking fury for hek but not for tigris tho.

But i will replace shotgun savvy you're right its a bad choice.

Just listed it as a suggestion alongside Blaze and other mods. I find little to no trouble taking care of targets with seeking fury but that can be dependent on warframe and playstyle, so to each their own. Main point was to show support in removing shotgun savvy. Especially with how status chance works with shotguns

Just listed it as a suggestion alongside Blaze and other mods. I find little to no trouble taking care of targets with seeking fury but that can be dependent on warframe and playstyle, so to each their own. Main point was to show support in removing shotgun savvy. Especially with how status chance works with shotguns

I got your point I removed shotgun savvy it's a bad choice as I said thanks for the tip :D

it's nice but the problem is I don't have shell shock. I'm guessing its around the same price as jolt or buzz kill ? around 300p ? if yes, then that's the reason I don't have it.