The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Tell De Realizes How Annoying Relays Are

CheetoDave

There is a "warp to conclave" button. When will the non-PVP players get the convenience of a "warp to Simaris" button? It's annoying enough I have to go to a relay just to see what the new scan target is... It's even more humiliating that I have to warp to the conclave console and then take an elevator just to find out. Or I suppose I could dashrunjump there, but that would take another 25-75 seconds.

Still remain plenty of boring things in Relay

Plenty? You mean handing in medallions - cuz that's all thats left after you take away the need to physically visit Simaris and Teshin. I see your point in terms of convenience - but it definitely renders all the work already done in Relays completely pointless - so its hardly a good idea.

I mean something like Notification, not just completely remove visiting Relay. When for example Darvo shop offering new thing, you get a notification about it, but if you wanna buy that stuff, you need to visit him, like notification about alerts in nav panel

Edited by Myscho

I would love this but the Liset is already so cramped. They keep trying to fit more and more. It NEEDS to be bigger 

"That's strange... I could've sworn the orbiter was bigger on the inside"

Also, I wish you could change your loadout in the relay, because you can join missions from the relay.

Edited by BloodForTheBloodGods

Link Simaris/Darvo/Baro things to Liset GUI would be great feature in QoL

I think you should be able to visit the simulcrum the liset, as you can't change your loadout from the relay, and it makes it very annoying to test out different things. Simaris himself isn't a problem. Darvo, makes sense. Baro? No. There's a reason he only appears on Pluto sometimes, because having end-game things mastery locked, helps prevent people still on Mercury complaining about there <insert Primed Mod> being too OP.

"That's strange... I could've sworn the orbiter was bigger on the inside"

Also, I wish you could change your loadout in the relay, because you can join missions from the relay.

You can. Go near one of kneeling consoles on near the window, Where you access the star map. There should be a console there 

I want the option of docking to specific faction nodes.  You can either dock to the 'main entrance' or dock next to New Lokas node.

inb4 'not enough space!'  It's a video game, they can make space for 4 Lisets but have thousands use it, like how they make us use an exit location that only fits on Tenno at a time but we all load out at the same time.

What relays need:

- The same camera used as in Clan Dojos. There is no reason for it to have the zoomed-in camera that was designed for the cramped Liset setting.

- The option to spawn in a relay immediately upon logging into the game. (Perhaps logging out of the game while in the relay will cause you to spawn in that relay upon logging back in. Crashing from the relay will cause you to spawn into your Liset to prevent getting stuck in there permanently.)

- The same functionality regarding mods/foundry/arsenal as the Liset. A simple way to make this work is to be able to walk to your parked Liset and access these features directly from there.

Edited by SortaRandom

+1 OP.

Trying to test things in the Simulacrum is even worse, because

You can. Go near one of kneeling consoles on near the window, Where you access the star map. There should be a console there 

^.  Sadly, you can only use your saved loadouts.

So you get a pointless back-and-forth between the Liset and the Relay every time you want to change something, and that's aside from loading into and out of the Simulacrum itself.

Edited by Chroia

Plenty? You mean handing in medallions - cuz that's all thats left after you take away the need to physically visit Simaris and Teshin. I see your point in terms of convenience - but it definitely renders all the work already done in Relays completely pointless - so its hardly a good idea.

Actually, eliminating the use of relays is a GREAT idea. 

Just because a lot of work went into something that failed to be appealing, does not mean it should remain in game. Relays are boring delays to actually playing the game. I cringe every time I have to visit one, with its forced slow run speed, tight FOV and useless walk just to get into the place. 

Just give me menus in my ship and I will blissfully never visit a Relay again.

I hate to say it given the effort and ambition that went into the idea, but at least as of now Relays just feel pointless. Everything that you can do there could've easily been integrated into the Liset or a Dojo, and since we already have access to Region chat almost everywhere there's no incentive to going to a Relay to communicate with other players. And of course the constant walking through it over and over grates after a while.

That isn't to say I don't appreciate what the Devs tried/are trying to do with them, and it's obvious that they're still early in their development and they plan to add more features that should (hopefully) make trips there feel like less of a chore and more of something you want to do, but as they stand Relays are just a very nice looking waste of time.

(At least give us the ability to trade with players and change our Arsenal).