Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Proposal] Void 2.0: Baro Ti'keer Faction, Ducat Change, Static Progress Instead Of Rng

Fogg

I had a shower thought that I needed to share with the community. As a Grandmaster Founder from when there were talent trees and a solar map (which will be making it's triumphant return) I have seen the game get progressively better with each iteration. As a high mastery rank player I have to spend a lot of time in the void and my frustration stems from the significant time investment of setting up a PUG, and then still being at the mercy of the RNG. In an early dev stream DE_Steve talked about how flipping an existing system on it's head is better than mildly tweaking it. It's with that philosophy in mind that I came up with this outline.

Void Trader Faction

The core of this revamp would be adding Baro as a faction. Items obtainable from the void are broken out into faction rank tiers. For example, the T4 Rotation C items would be the last to be unlocked by this system.

I think that keeping “Baro's Bounty” on his current bi-weekly schedule could still be kept in the game. Giving him his own room in the Relays would give more permanence, much like Simaris, and as the community earns ducats between each appearance a new item that would be coming in the next sale could be revealed. A way to see what was previously sold in game could also be added to get an idea of what might be coming around again.

Ducats

Since Baro is a merchant rather than an ideologue, rank would be based on your overall wealth in Ducats. Total Ducats earned on the account would represent your standing with him, and spending ducats for items would be how to obtain those parts that you covet. The terminal that allows you to cashing in unwanted items for ducats could be moved to his room and should stay for players with existing duplicate parts.

Instead of the Tiered RNG, successful completion of Void missions would reward Ducats. Higher tier and longer survival duration would reward more, something like (10*tier)*rotation. I imagine that appropriate costs of items would have to be balanced. A similar formula of 100 base could be used to give items cost per tier.

Comments/Suggestions?

[Edit: 9/4]

After thinking about the feedback, here's another idea.

Obtaining Ducats the way that you currently do, but by adding the Baro faction you still have a way to buy the specific part blueprints.

Baro would sell ALL of the blueprints you have to grind for, but you would still need to farm the void and convert unwanted items to Ducats. That way you still need to farm for parts, and would still try to farm the part you need, but you have an avenue to buy specific items.

Also, what about the Prisma items? With the new Void moon tileset coming Prisma excavation missions could be added and use the same systems I proposed above?

Essentially treating Prima like Cryotic for creation of those items.

Edited by Fogg

i actually like the RNG style void rewards make the trade system fun to make plat in. also RNG is kinda a part of warframe it make primes far too easy to get. DE likes the lazy here buy it instead, or grind to get what you want. Honestly that very grind feels very rewarding when you get what you want.

Edited by rechot

This is a really interesting idea.

I've been burnt out for a while now due to the void rng/trying to get ducats/etc etc and have only recently started coming back to the game. I really enjoy doing a couple of missions when I have the time, but then after those couple are over I realize that I haven't really...."accomplished" anything. I've only ended up getting blueprints that I have tons of and said blueprints are worth drops in the bucket usually for ducats. So then I find myself needing to push myself to start grinding more, to the point I'm no longer enjoying the missions I'm in. I don't have any of the new prime stuff as of months ago, hardly any of the new mods, and I'm behind 2 regular frames - I'm not exactly in a hurry, but the fun factor dries up so quickly that at this rate it'll be a long time getting everything...

Really interesting idea, hope that the devs take a look and give it some thought.  

I like the concept, but as people have said it would be too easy to get everything by only playing survival/defense. Perhaps add "tokens" which only drop in specific missions, and are needed to purchase items of a specific type or rarity. Tokens could be traded among players.

Current Prime Access items could be excluded from Baro's offer.
Void should keep rewarding prime parts and bps, we can change it to ducats if we need to buy something from Baro's shop, so we don't have to spend so much ducats for things that RNG blessed us with. This would also allow new prime items to stay in drop tables.

• 2 weeks later...

After thinking about the feedback, here's another idea.

Obtaining Ducats the way that you currently do, but by adding the Baro faction you still have a way to buy the specific part blueprints.

Baro would sell ALL of the blueprints you have to grind for, but you would still need to farm the void and convert unwanted items to Ducats. That way you still need to farm for parts, and would still try to farm the part you need, but you have an avenue to buy specific items.

Also, what about the Prisma items? With the new Void moon tileset coming Prisma excavation missions could be added and use the same systems I proposed above?

Edited by Fogg