Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Balancing

[DE]Whirrrrr

I think survival needs -like a lot of the old things in this game- a good thorough overhaul:

• Distraction isn't just about killing fools, we could be blowing important things up to get them chasing after us, killing officers or sabotaging machines, releasing viruses
  • The enemy isn't going to keep trying the same tactic over and over if it clearly isn't working; there must be more options for hassling Tenno beyond cutting off life support and sending waves of mooks, like maybe there are reactors they can overload or artificial gravity they can screw with, environmental systems, potential of jettisoning pieces of the ship into space, or even a self destruct the Tenno have to try and disarm if the enemy thinks they can't salvage this; perhaps even a second ship arrives and provides exponentially more options like firing on the ship the Tenno are in or launching invasion pods.
  • Our lone operative could provide options, maybe they get in trouble and you have to cause more chaos to get the heat off them, or you can suggest they go for a riskier target where you have to provide an equally riskier distraction.  Maybe they can find life support for you, or maybe you have to unlock security for them.

Make the whole thing a little bit more dynamic and give us a little more control, give us a vague threat level we can alter with our actions, higher the threat level, crazier the response and the more freedom the operative has for retrieving loot.  Means the groups who can handle a faster pace can choose to go faster.

On 8/25/2015 at 5:19 PM, Dualstar said:

Not sure about reducing the drop rate, theres already too much of a perception that Nekros is is a must-have for survivals...

Infact, had an idea;

Remove PLS entirely.

Instead of restoring a set amount of remaining time, using the LS capsule will simply prevent the mission from failing until the next one arrives.

When the next one arrives, players have a certain amount of time to activate it before mission failed.

This will require players to move at some point, will end those boring tunnel camps everyone only ever seems to do, and it removes the dependance on loot drops for the mission to continue, and it kills the noob trap of players just using the capsules as soon as they arrive without realising what it actually does.

And then there's Trinity and Valkyr... The issue with removing PLS is that it encourages inactivity. A Valkyr with power strength, Life Strike, and Rage would be able to solo ANY survival indefinitely and there is less teamwork involved.... CURRENTLY me and my friend tag team on high level survival with many different comps to succeed..... After a certain point, you CAN'T do enough on your own no matter what frame (whether it is being able to survive, or whether or not you can clear the masses enough to get PLS)

Lately I started to think original survival where there is only 1 room and in order to survive you have to kill fast rather than look for enemies and kill them in small groups. 

Reward/time ratio is horrible for most part too. It is too easy yet takes too much time to specific rewards in most cases thus making survival very player unfriendly in terms of enjoyment. Also the fact that a lot of latest Primes had drops in survivals made matter even worse since community is annoyed for the most time.

The only thing that really need to be overhauled about survival is drop system. The whole point of surviving is to last the more time possible, yet now people prefer to stay 20 minutes and go out once they got rotation C. I have even seen Survival KEYSHARES of all things.

Survival reduced to a simple hit and run is just plain wrong. You should be encouraged to stay as long as possible.

Not necessarily better "drops" as it would break Prime Access & Market ingame, but something like, replacing Orokin cells drop after 30 minutes by ducats, R5 fusion cores, rare exclusive cosmetics BP...

Or even have a decreasing timer, from 60 mins to 0 to get your rewards for T4 / T3, possibility to stay longer as you "add" to your timer.

Edited by ZaneCyber

This sucks, I like survival even tho i dont like the LS thingy. in a business stand point this is good cause i played survival up to 1 1/2 and thats my limit due to lacking of PLS and LS now they nerf it so I will get restricted to hopefully up to 40 min, so it will slow down the farm.. Sucks for the players tho. 

Reducing Life support drops is just going to make nekros and hydroid more necessary, DE, take some ideas from this post about making survival more interesting. This life support nerf is going to make camping even more prevalent

On 8/25/2015 at 3:19 PM, Dualstar said:

Not sure about reducing the drop rate, theres already too much of a perception that Nekros is is a must-have for survivals...

Infact, had an idea;

Remove PLS entirely.

Instead of restoring a set amount of remaining time, using the LS capsule will simply prevent the mission from failing until the next one arrives.

When the next one arrives, players have a certain amount of time to activate it before mission failed.

This will require players to move at some point, will end those boring tunnel camps everyone only ever seems to do, and it removes the dependance on loot drops for the mission to continue, and it kills the noob trap of players just using the capsules as soon as they arrive without realising what it actually does.

it doesn't cease to amaze me that people STILL think what's being talked at the start of the Thread about is new/upcoming, when the adjustments were made 9-10 months ago.
so clearly any doom theories about what it would do to the Gamemode aren't true because everybody can play Survival just fine.

Edited by taiiat