The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission Types Needed - Multiple Objectives

BlackCoMerc

Lets take a couple of mission types, jam them together and get players moving around large maps, fulfilling a variety of objectives before they leave. 

For instance: Infiltration

Drop in and carry a data packet to a terminal (Deception). Defend it while it downloads stolen info (Defense) with enemies presence based on Map alert levels. 

Once the data is downloaded, it reveals any of the following:

-Hidden Caches: Gather the loot

-Sabotage Targets: Take them down

-High profile target (assassination)

-Or more terminals with sensitive data to download, which can then bring on their own missions once data is downloaded

Finally, once any objectives that spawned are completed, we need to eliminate the remaining enemies (Exterminate) and Extract. 

However, one catch remains: Since the mission parameters were somewhat uncertain, there is a small chance that the ship will not be able to pick extract us immediately. This can spawn one last, 3-5 round or 2-3 minute Defense mission while we defend the extraction point prior to the the arrival of the Liset.

I feel these random chances and branching missions would keep players on their toes. And providing a high chance for at least one loot cache per mission gives incentive to run them.

This would be far more appealing than the normal, single goal non-endless missions are at present and should be pretty doable with current tech or without too much overhead. 

I think something like this would be a good way to make the non-endless mission types into a endless one. Maybe have the objectives aside from the first be optional, and it would just keep generating them until you extract.

I definitely think that giving a bit of randomness would be good to spice up the grind. And give an option to people who want to play a mission but not really sure what to run.