Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(My) Volt's Ult Rework

Hecro

Although I'm aware that people may still be salty by Excal's ult being too overpowered, I think this is necessary. However, I'm totally open to new ideas^^

My idea is turning Volt into a real high-damage Warframe, a potent alternative to gunplay.

Well, we know Volt is, right now, a guy that we mainly use for speed & some times for shielding ourselves from incoming bullet fire while shooting our stuff. And, uh, well, that's practically all.

Gonna go straight.

Volt's Codex: Volt can create and harness electrical elements. This is a high-damage warframe perfect for players looking for a potent alternative to gunplay.

Volt's ult would give him two energy-durable weapons:

- Ranged electricity shots (no possibility to aim). My ideas with it are two ways of firing:

1.- How we actually fire semi-automatic weapons, left clicking your way into index finger's death. This would shoot electricity beams.

2.- Energy charge: the way we shoot this would be how we fire bows: we would have to hold left click, and Volt would be holding an increasing lighting shot, with a time limitation of maybe 2 seconds, affected by power duration. Why is the time limitation even a thing? Well, damage would be increasing as long as you keep holding left click. If you keep holding, numbers would be increasing to an endless power I think we don't wanna go through. My ideas here are shooting through an area similar to a cone. Maybe its area of effect could be increased not only by power range, also chaining the on-hit effects like in Volt's 1, by hitting the target's surrounding enemies.

Benefits: it would synergize with its 3: resulting into supah-kill cannon.

About its scaling, I was thinking on making it scale with Primary weapon's mods. But, well, if you have any other ideas, tell them.

Now the other weapon, I was thinking on a two-handed melee something:

- Maybe it would be legit making it scale with melee weapon's mods as well.

- This would be full melee, as long-ranged arsenal is implied lines above. This means, no energy waves Excalibur-like.

- My idea is an Alloy Plate handle that would be in Volt's waist. He would take it off and with it, its edge will start growing from the handle, resulting into no metal taking the job of an edge, Volt's energy color would be the edge instead. It would be affected by mods like Fury, yeah, but it would be even faster taking advantage of Volt's Speedup skill.

I see synergy flowing, before this rework I could only see skills without relation.

And, about his 1... I would consider making it energy-free, along with Frost's and Ember's...

What do you think?

Btw, sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language.

TL;DR: Well, if you went straight here... please, don't post.

Edited by Hecro

Give volt Sith lighting for his ULT so he can just walking around frying everything, being cool, overpowered and there's no gun play involved. and since its electric damage this gives volt some more CC (it stuns). 

I do like the sound of a bow made out of lightning but it bows sound slow on volt since hes a speed/lighting frame.

Edited by TheSIlent1

I do like the sound of a bow made out of lightning but it bows sound slow on volt since hes a speed/lighting frame.

Yeah, but, don't you think that your last line is implying that (maybe) its 3 should be also changed?

So, what if Overload was a mode, that when activated overloads your abilities

New Overload

-10/20/30s Duration

-initial energy cost = 40

-increased cost for all abilties (look down below for more info)

Animation:
The Lighting effects around Volt are much stronger(indicator for being overloaded)
Imagine it like the Super Sayan 2 Form where they have those lightning effects

maxresdefault.jpg

Overloaded Abilties:

Overloaded Shock 

(actual cost)+ 15 energy

-Now casts multiple acrs.(Imagine it as "Amprex" with "Multishot")
-Every arc can chain to other enemies.
-Chaining effect prefers enemies that where not stunned before.

How it looks:

ElectromanConcept.jpg 

Overloaded Speed 

(actual cost)+ 15 energy

-You're affected stronger by speed

(plus 10%/20%/30% of the Speed buff:

-If you have 50% Speed boost you get +30%(at rank3) of your 50%  = 65%)

-This extra boost only affects Volt

The Values of the Overloaded Speed still need some tweaks. But the intention was to boost Volt a bit more than the rest of the team^^ (he finally can be the fastest^^) 

Overloaded Shield 

(actual cost)+ 30 energy

-Instead of a shield, you spawn a sphere, that has the same traits.

-Overload allows interaction with shield(shooting Shock trough e-shield/sphere allows crit and improves the range)

-Enemies that come in contact with the overloaded e-shield/sphere are shocked

How it looks:

(But much smaller)

mass_effect_biotic_sphere_for_xps_by_tal

Altertnate version:
Spawn a bigger shield (not a sphere)

I came to that idea, cuz we all agree that Volt and his first skills are perfect.

So boosting those and taking away the old ult would be fine, wouldn't it?

That would made a lot of sense if this wasn't tried before with Ember, sort of.

The thing you'll eventually come into is that our energy would be amazingly fast depleted.

Yea, the energy would go down very quickly if you spam^^

But this is the intended drawback, so it doesnt get OP.

I think it goes very well with Volt. Since (from what I've read) many good Volt players as well as my self actually only work with the first three skills.

And these abilities are actually enough to stand your ground,(if played right) even to late game^^.

Yeah, but the problem is again back into being codexed as a high-damage frame. As you haven't mentioned any math on the first ability makes me think that adding utility to Volt's skills would only be a bandaid, instead of a really ''high-damage'' thing.

Excalibur does also imply stunning abilities by having a much lower cost, not only that, combined with a truly high damage...

But, yeah, sounds good what you say, but although I like the speed stuff, I came into Volt because of the so-promised damage...

This is a thread I've made
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/501755-volt-20-some-ideas/

Hello my dear Tenno fellows,

Before someone starts hating. This are just some suggestions.^^

Actually I liked the idea in the description of Volt:

" Volt can create and harness electrical elements.

-This is a high-damage warframe

-perfect for players looking for a potent alternative to gunplay. "
But as we all know, from mid to late game this totally doesn't work.

And I don't even mind it (still makes fun to play him^^)

Guys, It my be a bit much text, but pls read everything before you jugde^^
I think this would help Volt a lot
I dont want to remove the first 3 Skills(mostly aiming for his ult)

So now to my suggestions for a Rework:

-Main Kit-

Ability 1:

I Think right now we can leave this ability as it is. Not bad to stun enemies while reloading.^^

Ability 2:

Speed is Actually very good. Even if I don't like the fact that Volt isn't the fastest with this Ability (

lightning speed)

But maybe this is something for a later diskussion :P

Look under new concept for more info

Ability 3: 

Best abilty in my opinion*_*

But I still would suggest a little tweak;

Going to put this in the new concept down below

This is more an idea I was playing around with. It can stay the same, if no one likes it^^

Instead I would like it to be a sphere.

I know what you guys are thinking. "We have Frost.... Frost has snow globe... we dont need two globes."And You are right. We dont need an electric version of Frost.

I want Volts globe to be very small.(So small only one person can fit in) Very egoistic you say? Well I think this was the actual intention behind electric shield. To give volt some survivability.

Having this sphere doesn't mean you cant use it to defend an objective or a team mate.

But I think this ability should be primaly for Volt himself.

It still can be casted multiple times.(for your squad or objectives)

The animation could be: Volt touching the ground and his electric sphere spawns around him.

Ofcourse the traits "electric shield" has right now should be kept for electric sphere. 

May be add the trait that enemies trying to get in get shocked? (Let me know what you think about it).

The whole Idea behind it was to save some casting time.

Spamming 4 to 5 Shields around you at once (=saved some cating time, but a little smaller at all) 

New(and current) Concept/Idea for Abilty 4 :!!!!!!!

So, what if Overload was a mode, that when activated overloads your abilities

New Overload

-10/20/30s Duration

-initial energy cost = 40

-increased cost for all abilties (look down below for more info)

Animation:
The Lighting effects around Volt are much stronger(indicator for being overloaded)
Imagine it like the Super Sayan 2 Form where they have those lightning effects

maxresdefault.jpg

Overloaded Abilties:

Overloaded Shock 

(actual cost)+ 15 energy

-Now casts multiple acrs.(Imagine it as "Amprex" with "Multishot")
-Every arc can chain to other enemies.
-Chaining effect prefers enemies that where not stunned before.

How it looks:

ElectromanConcept.jpg 

Overloaded Speed 

(actual cost)+ 15 energy

-You're affected stronger by speed

(plus 10%/20%/30% of the Speed buff:

-If you have 50% Speed boost you get +30%(at rank3) of your 50%  = 65%)

-This extra boost only affects Volt

The Values of the Overloaded Speed still need some tweaks. But the intention was to boost Volt a bit more than the rest of the team^^ (he finally can be the fastest^^) 

Overloaded Shield 

(actual cost)+ 30 energy

-Instead of a shield, you spawn a sphere, that has the same traits.

-Overload allows interaction with shield(shooting Shock trough e-shield/sphere allows crit and improves the range)

-Enemies that come in contact with the overloaded e-shield/sphere are shocked

How it looks:

(But much smaller)

mass_effect_biotic_sphere_for_xps_by_tal

Altertnate version:
Spawn a bigger shield (not a sphere)

I came to that idea, cuz we all agree that Volt and his first skills are perfect.

So boosting those and taking away the old ult would be fine, wouldn't it?

-alternate changes-

Alternate Ability 4:

Lets be honest. Overload looks very cool and in early game it can wreck everyone. But in mid- to late game  it just says: "Here I am, kill me very quick" Even the fact that it loses dmg once you used it in a specific room.

Just forget about boosting the damage or casting speed. We need something else.
Keep the name Overload, because for my suggestion it really fits.
Now instead of overloading his environment, he should overload his and his team squad's weapons.
What nearly everyone wanted for speed could become true for his new 4th ability.
Overloading the Weapons:
-triggerspeed is boosted
-travel time for bullets, arrows etc. is boosted

-reload speed? depends on how OP this would be

2nd Alternate 4th ability:

Alternative change(less work)

Everything stays at it is. Decrease the dmg of overload or even remove it( I know......"dafuq is this dude talking about?" ^^)
Make the current Speed also affect casting time

All in all I think with this new kit Volt abilties would pefectly match with eachother like they do on the new excalibur right now. So this would make him more useful in late game.
I know I know,  most of you Volt players out there like I am can stand their ground in late game. But I think this would make him the damage support that he actually is.

Hope you guys like my suggestion.
And that the Volt rework could be next after Frost^^
Saryn and Valkyr are next

I've always thought he was tha high dmg caster frame.

We can all agree Volt isn't the guy from the codex. And unfortunately never will be.

He more the ultility guy. 

-damage with the right weapons and shield,

-fast

-cc

Edit:

Censium

Mentioned an idea, from what i think would be very cool.:
Volts defensive stat is his shield(150). But sometimes (especially in late game) the recharge time can be a pain in the ***

So this is my idea:

Volt overloads the suits of every frame of the Squad(himself included)

Adding:

-bonus shield

-an accelerated recharge time for it

-timer for recharge is decreased (or =0)

-if the shield gets depleted, the frame emits a electricity wave, releasing the rest of the overcharged energy(like a small ver. of the current overload)

The strenght and range of the small overload, decreases as the timer for the ability goes down

(If the ability for example lasts 30 seconds and only 20 secs are left when the shield depletes, the small overload has  only 66% of his stats. If 10 secs are left while the shield blows away, only 33% of the small overload is emited.