The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If D.e Added Grineer Nullifier Drones To Normal Missions (Yes Draco Too Because It's Getting Out Of Hand) )

BloodSage09

Noamuth, I think you are the only person here that actually reads and understands my posts. Lol!

It's a nerf Draco thread, people aren't here to talk.  They're here to bully, whine, harass and belittle everyone else into shutting up.

Edited by Noamuth

Eh, no. I'm 100% fine with powerleveling. I recently put 6 forma on the Tigris in anticipation of the upcoming shotgun buffs for us console players. We had a double XP weekend and I bought an affinity booster on top of that. Got it done right quick in tower missions. Then Devstream 58 comes up with a whole new Tigris to re-level seven freaking times and dump more forma into. Sure, someday there might have been a Prime too, but still... Re-grinding is re-grinding, time and forma are still wasted.

How about no? Leveling the same piece of gear six times without ever having a good set of mods on it isn't fun. What's fun is the end product. What's fun is designing the build I like. Making that take even longer only makes me want to play the game less. Why grind forever when there are other fun games. It wouldn't be the first time I dropped a game for being obnoxious like that.

People can power level weapons, but that doesn't give them skill to use them. But people can level weapons slow as dirt and still not come out good. Or if you play with the same thing most of the time because you like it, your MR will only go up rarely, when another weapon actually gets your attention, but you might be amazing with your preferred gear. MR means nothing in any of those cases.

Attempts to kill power leveling make the game worse for everyone, but really help no one.

Eh, no. I'm 100% fine with powerleveling. I recently put 6 forma on the Tigris in anticipation of the upcoming shotgun buffs for us console players. We had a double XP weekend and I bought an affinity booster on top of that. Got it done right quick in tower missions. Then Devstream 58 comes up with a whole new Tigris to re-level seven freaking times and dump more forma into. Sure, someday there might have been a Prime too, but still... Re-grinding is re-grinding, time and forma are still wasted.

How about no? Leveling the same piece of gear six times without ever having a good set of mods on it isn't fun. What's fun is the end product. What's fun is designing the build I like. Making that take even longer only makes me want to play the game less. Why grind forever when there are other fun games. It wouldn't be the first time I dropped a game for being obnoxious like that.

People can power level weapons, but that doesn't give them skill to use them. But people can level weapons slow as dirt and still not come out good. Or if you play with the same thing most of the time because you like it, your MR will only go up rarely, when another weapon actually gets your attention, but you might be amazing with your preferred gear. MR means nothing in any of those cases.

Attempts to kill power leveling make the game worse for everyone, but really help no one.

Define 'slow as dirt' please.  The reason being I ranked up weapons in three days of moderate playing and have yet to run into this 'slow as dirt' phenomena.

I ran Void missions with friends and PUGs as well as Grineer/Corpus/Infested invasions.

Seriously, please explain to me how I can get a full set of gear or new Warframe to max in 3 to 4 days of only playing 2.5-3 hours a day but everyone else is complaining that it's taking 'forever'

Don't get me wrong, I understand the forma aspect of it.  It is tedious, I have several multi forma weapons, 'frames and companions but that didn't take me very long either.

To be clear, I have no issue with power leveling either.  My issue is when places like Draco are presented as the one and only place to play to the newer players and now we have hundreds of people that don't know how to play as a team.

Define 'slow as dirt' please.  The reason being I ranked up weapons in three days of moderate playing and have yet to run into this 'slow as dirt' phenomena.

I ran Void missions with friends and PUGs as well as Grineer/Corpus/Infested invasions.

Seriously, please explain to me how I can get a full set of gear or new Warframe to max in 3 to 4 days of only playing 2.5-3 hours a day but everyone else is complaining that it's taking 'forever'

Don't get me wrong, I understand the forma aspect of it.  It is tedious, I have several multi forma weapons, 'frames and companions but that didn't take me very long either.

To be clear, I have no issue with power leveling either.  My issue is when places like Draco are presented as the one and only place to play to the newer players and now we have hundreds of people that don't know how to play as a team.

This is so arrogant in the assumptions you make.

You act like you know that EVERY SINGLE new player is taught this and know this and do this. I highly doubt that. Also, this is possibly one of the most petty things to complain about, as it has no real effect on you.

As some people have already said, this thread is nothing more than a nerf draco thread and even if you somehow win this unwinnable war against power farmers, a lot of people will quit, which means a lot of money will be lost for DE. It isn't in DE's interest to drive ANY players away. 

This is so arrogant in the assumptions you make.

You act like you know that EVERY SINGLE new player is taught this and know this and do this. I highly doubt that. Also, this is possibly one of the most petty things to complain about, as it has no real effect on you.

As some people have already said, this thread is nothing more than a nerf draco thread and even if you somehow win this unwinnable war against power farmers, a lot of people will quit, which means a lot of money will be lost for DE. It isn't in DE's interest to drive ANY players away. 

Feel better?

I'm not making any assumptions nor am I complaining about anything. 

You wanna talk about arrogant assumptions?  The bit about new players is based off my experiences in PUGs with new players. I'm not complaining about anything, I'm asking a genuine question as to how ranking things up is 'slow as dirt' when for the last year I and my friends have never had this issue. 

Good job not reading my post and going full toxic.

Too busy being defensive to understand the post. It simply means very, very slowly. Some players just won't become good with a particular weapon or type of weapon. They don't like it, it doesn't fit them, whatever. No matter what hoops they need to jump through for how long, they still won't play well with that weapon. If it takes them a long time, it's just a long time where they're just trying to grind out some meaningless points to say they did it all. It can take them three to four days or three to four months, but it still might not make them a good player.

But it does make them not have any fun. And that's the problem. I liked the idea of weapon challenges that give lots of affinity, I'm fine with DE selling affinity boosters to lessen the grind because it's a F2P game. I just don't want to see the grind get worse and the un-fun time expand greatly as a result. That's what all the "nerf power-level/grind areas" calls will result in.

I, for example, have a bunch of low-level or poorly performing gear (regular broncos, cernos, vulkar, etc.) that I haven't even touched. I've considered ranking it, but I just don't care about MR enough to not have fun playing games while I have a decently sized collection of weapons that I do have fun using sitting right there. Maybe I'll wait for another double XP weekend, but that's just to lessen the time I'm not performing arrow dentistry. It's enough of a grind working on the stuff I actually like, so I don't want to inflict extra grind on people who just want to get a digi-wang rating increase. It's not a number that matters for anything past 8 anyway.

People are always going to find the best way and bad players are always going to exploit it and remain bad, but if I decide to level up a bronco on Draco (which I honestly haven't played but the once when I completed the star chart that I can recall) that doesn't hurt anybody.

Edited by (PS4)ElZilcho

Nerf draco, people will find somewhere else to farm.

Fix the reason why people farm draco, and people won't feel the need to go there.

This is the issue in general, if you hurt people just too get them away from something they will either leave or find another spot and be angry they had too anyways. Grinding will always be a issue in any game regardless what you do even if its a FPS because people want too raise their ranks now rather then later, letting those people be or even doing it yourself when you just want a weapon too be gone is not a bad thing really. However that one map is well known for grinding so finding how too change that is going too be tricky but can be possible since its the "mindset" of the people that need too change and not the map itself. 

Remember if people do other things and don't want too grind since they don't need too then the issue go's away and thats that, we need a way for people too wanna stop on their own by giving them a reason too do many things and not just one mission over and over too get their high mastery they want or leveling. 

Sorry but just getting rid of it will change nothing only anger and possibly destroy a very good chunk of people who play Warframe, this must be cured with people wanting too change not forcing them too do so. Then its not fun and then its not a game they want to bother with.

PS: Hoping a DE can get over hear and lock this post because it looks like its just going downhill.

Edited by Monybags33

Not fun for YOU.

Once again one person wants to dictate to the rest of the player base whats fun and whats not.

You don't have to play with Mesa nor do you ever have to play on Draco, go grind away where ever you want and have your fun.

But some people Like Draco ( I know it may come as a shock) and could care less If Mesa is there or not.

People use Draco and sometime Mesa to escape the pointless grind, me I'm there to rank up as fast as I possible can

it the shortest time possible.

^^^^

Come again?

Well they aren't wrong, now I won't say it for everyone BUT it's quite easy to spot a draco player. When the newer people go right for draco ignoring the rest of the game then get into a random game I happen to be in they go complete stupid~

Too busy being defensive to understand the post. It simply means very, very slowly. Some players just won't become good with a particular weapon or type of weapon. They don't like it, it doesn't fit them, whatever. No matter what hoops they need to jump through for how long, they still won't play well with that weapon. If it takes them a long time, it's just a long time where they're just trying to grind out some meaningless points to say they did it all. It can take them three to four days or three to four months, but it still might not make them a good player.

But it does make them not have any fun. And that's the problem. I liked the idea of weapon challenges that give lots of affinity, I'm fine with DE selling affinity boosters to lessen the grind because it's a F2P game. I just don't want to see the grind get worse and the un-fun time expand greatly as a result. That's what all the "nerf power-level/grind areas" calls will result in.

I, for example, have a bunch of low-level or poorly performing gear (regular broncos, cernos, vulkar, etc.) that I haven't even touched. I've considered ranking it, but I just don't care about MR enough to not have fun playing games while I have a decently sized collection of weapons that I do have fun using sitting right there. Maybe I'll wait for another double XP weekend, but that's just to lessen the time I'm not performing arrow dentistry. It's enough of a grind working on the stuff I actually like, so I don't want to inflict extra grind on people who just want to get a digi-wang rating increase. It's not a number that matters for anything past 8 anyway.

People are always going to find the best way and bad players are always going to exploit it and remain bad, but if I decide to level up a bronco on Draco (which I honestly haven't played but the once when I completed the star chart that I can recall) that doesn't hurt anybody.

I apologize if the tone of my post came out as defensive, it wasn't intended as such.  I was genuinely curious about how ranking up items is such a slow process when, based on my personal experience as a casual, it's really not.

To be clear, I understand tedium and annoyance of ranking up items you don't enjoy, and I know repetitive use doesn't make a master and I still have no issue with power leveling.  I have been on the giving and receiving end of it in other games.  My only issue has been when a location is touted as the ONLY place worth playing, with a narrow selection of team compositions.  That has turned out detrimental to my own teams later on in the game as well as the teams of my clan mates and friends - they get players that don't understand how different 'frames synergize, they don't participate in team play and they really don't know how to survive.

And before Ov3rd0se has some kind of meltdown after not reading my entire post, I am not saying every single new player is pushed into Draco, I'm not saying it's 100% occurrence.  I'm saying that based on my personal experience in PUGs and reading Region chat, a large portion of players are being told that Draco is the only way to play the game, that it's the only way to rank something up.  That's the problem.

I will always be in support of a mechanic (Grineer Nulls.) or complete game redesign that help prevent that kind of cancer.

Come again?

-snip-

You wanna talk about arrogant assumptions?  The bit about new players is based off my experiences in PUGs with new players. I'm not complaining about anything, I'm asking a genuine question as to how ranking things up is 'slow as dirt' when for the last year I and my friends have never had this issue. 

Good job not reading my post and going full toxic.

^ I don't see how adding disruptions would really make it that much harder. I go there all the time and rely mostly on my guns and my Telos to get through, only ones impacted are the AFK Mesa farms. Not sure what DE's stance in on those farms but since Gmag took a nerf bat to the face I am willing to say that those farms are not how they envision the game to be played. XP from Draco wouldn't go away, just that you wont have to be away from your keyboard and mouse to get the xp.

People here are talking about nerfing Draco, buffing Grineer, etc, not Mesa. I personally don't need a Mesa to farm exp in Draco, but it'd be a hell lot easier with Mesa that's an honest truth. Honestly, if I'm only there for the exp, why even bother to nerf Mesa? Yes I want to level my S#&$ up quickly so I can get the hell outta that mission, not replaying it over and over. There is only so much you could do in that mission that it gets repetitive and boring fast.

You don't need to fix what's not broken or you might end up worsening it.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

I'm saying that based on my personal experience in PUGs and reading Region chat, a large portion of players are being told that Draco is the only way to play the game, that it's the only way to rank something up.  That's the problem.

Except.. no? People are asking where is the fastest place to level gear, and the answer is Draco, and this is a problem somehow? It's not "the only way to play the game" it's simply the more efficient place to level. Have you never played an MMO before? Do you seriously not understand how grinding works? Grinding is not a feature, no matter how many bells and whistles you glue onto it.

so another unit that kill even more bow, Sniper, shotgun in the game. Sign me in

I haven't play the raid thingy since it seem a lost of time but i do know the nullifier throught and ho boy i hate them.

Do you know how i call a enemies that can stop power, 3 type of weapon, resist knockback and sometime immune to melee in my book: broken.

After giving those unit to the greneer the next step would be to simply press delete on the shotgun, sniper, bow, because their only use would be against infested wich is probably the most hated faction in game right now.

Another thing i do go on draco not because of the power lvling but because its easy to get into a team and get a t4 key.

Want a better idea erase interception completly from the game. Without that game mode people would go back to defence not survival beacause the dev break it today.

I apologize if the tone of my post came out as defensive, it wasn't intended as such.  I was genuinely curious about how ranking up items is such a slow process when, based on my personal experience as a casual, it's really not.

To be clear, I understand tedium and annoyance of ranking up items you don't enjoy, and I know repetitive use doesn't make a master and I still have no issue with power leveling.  I have been on the giving and receiving end of it in other games.  My only issue has been when a location is touted as the ONLY place worth playing, with a narrow selection of team compositions.  That has turned out detrimental to my own teams later on in the game as well as the teams of my clan mates and friends - they get players that don't understand how different 'frames synergize, they don't participate in team play and they really don't know how to survive.

And before Ov3rd0se has some kind of meltdown after not reading my entire post, I am not saying every single new player is pushed into Draco, I'm not saying it's 100% occurrence.  I'm saying that based on my personal experience in PUGs and reading Region chat, a large portion of players are being told that Draco is the only way to play the game, that it's the only way to rank something up.  That's the problem.

I will always be in support of a mechanic (Grineer Nulls.) or complete game redesign that help prevent that kind of cancer.

News Flash it is the best place to farm exp. This is a fact.

I didn't build the star map , I simply use the resources that I'm given. I wish there there were more nodes that could yield the same sort of experience in that time frame but they simply don't exist.

I have a booster which means i can go from 0 to 30 with a weapon in about 20 minutes in Draco, I'm not here to grind.

If there wasn't a node like Draco around I would find something else to play, my time is precious and I'm no not going to waste it.

And btw any four frames can do four rounds of Draco, pre-made's just do it with less effort.

In the case of nullifers, you just bring a toxic glaive prime and kill them before they climb down the ladders.

In case of grinner drones, I will bring Vectis, Hek, Latron Prime, Lex Prime, Marelok, Grinlok and one shot it from range while Mesa keep killing.

Draco will be the same, just the rest of the game will be #*($%%@ up by these drones.

And isn't because someone can level up things in like couple of minutes that my MR don't matter, yes it matter a lot, if ppl enjoy being Mesa energy slaves(I wanna use other word but I will get a warning for it) and feel good with it, is their choice.

Not fun for YOU.

Once again one person wants to dictate to the rest of the player base whats fun and whats not.

You don't have to play with Mesa nor do you ever have to play on Draco, go grind away where ever you want and have your fun.

But some people Like Draco ( I know it may come as a shock) and could care less If Mesa is there or not.

People use Draco and sometime Mesa to escape the pointless grind, me I'm there to rank up as fast as I possible can

it the shortest time possible.

I didnt think it was so far fetched to associate standing in a spot holding down the left mouse button watching the same animations loop for several minutes with boredom. Either way you do you, I'm hoping the nerf to Mesa comes sooner rather than later. Can't have DE nerfing trinity and frost along with her.

how is this screwing with the playerbase?

How is it not? It doesn't address the real issues such as low affinity gain on other mission types, extremely bloated loot tables, and rng.

The only thing it does is make the game more frustrating to play. If that is your goal then it's a good idea. If not, then it's a terrible idea.