Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hunting Memory Leaks

[DE]Glen

Nice video Glen!  Thank you for taking the time to show and explain the issue in depth!  

Will try to Re-pro on PC!  You'll know as soon as I find something if I do!

Question for you quickly if you have time!

We don't have this little framerate/memory usage viewer toggle in our options on Ps4 (not sure about XB1). Would it be possible / worth it to implement this, as far as having us help with issues like this that may pop up in the future?

We don't have this little framerate/memory usage viewer toggle in our options on Ps4 (not sure about XB1). Would it be possible / worth it to implement this, as far as having us help with issues like this that may pop up in the future?

I don't think we're allowed to show diagnostics on the consoles, sorry.

12749_o.gif

It's time to go hunt some bugs.

I did notice when i had some ram leaks in the game a few weeks ago that task manager showed 90+% usage of ram but did not display it as the evolution engine using that ram, i had to download a 3'rd party software to see what was happening to my ram.

Edited by The66Monkey

Glen I will start with the FPS monitor, but what I have noticed, ingame browser via the steam overlay will sometimes kill my memory pretty fast, but that is more of a steam problem than warframe problem... also constantly air gliding back and forth on the simalcrum when I'm testing out a weapon build tend to kill my memory and crash the game as well, it could be related to the cloth physics.

Edited by Sibernetika

Glen, can we do /unstuck if it happens so we get to submit a report? also screenshot and possible video...I'll try to record as I play more often so try and "get it on tape"

No, unstuck won't be as helpful I'm afraid -- but good idea. I record "everything" because it's been a gold mine of bug diagnostics -- I need to upgrade my HDD to hold it all :(

Glen can you guys add VRAM usage too?

please

Sorry but no -- this is managed by the driver and there isn't a standard interface to get this information. 

No, unstuck won't be as helpful I'm afraid -- but good idea. I record "everything" because it's been a gold mine of bug diagnostics -- I need to upgrade my HDD to hold it all :(

uncapped and fast internet? cloud it

also try a test with induced lag.. lag can be a culprit in many online based games

Hello!

I've personally not seen anything serious lately, though I have a friend who keeps crashing. I'll keep an eye on my counter and issue a notice to my clan; We'll squash that bug. With (Insert number of active Tenno) players looking, we're sure to find it. Hope it doesn't take too long. ^.^

I don't think we're allowed to show diagnostics on the consoles, sorry.

So another game that ran into this was Battlefield 4.  Microsoft allowed the in game diagnostics but Sony has yet to follow.  Might be worth looking into what DICE/EA did to get approval from Microsoft.

For reference:  http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/bf4-cte-comes-to-xbox-one/

Edited by (PS4)LunaticGunner

I think I got it. Its the energy color, if I keep going around with my mouse on the colors it keeps rising and rising, if I stop moving my mouse around it doesnt go up, but the more I go onto different colors it goes up. note this is on low settings

NNRYI9t.jpgjtOnM6b.jpgukUyCuI.jpgXUjbbkB.jpg5MWxKnC.jpg4mKwgZD.jpgmozM9qF.jpg6iPoN7n.jpgqUvWifp.jpgypYx2wP.jpgDw2qFBZ.jpg

Edited by evil_m3nace

My suspicion is the hud... I heard it was using Flash a few devstreams ago?

Not sure if it's displaying using flash or simply designed in it, but generally might be better to render as something similar to SVG/CSS 

Edited by NetSlayer

I think I got it. Its the energy color, if I keep going around with my mouse on the colors it keeps rising and rising, if I stop moving my mouse around it doesnt go up, but the more I go onto different colors it goes up. note this is on low settings

NNRYI9t.jpgjtOnM6b.jpgukUyCuI.jpgXUjbbkB.jpg5MWxKnC.jpg4mKwgZD.jpgmozM9qF.jpg6iPoN7n.jpgqUvWifp.jpgypYx2wP.jpgDw2qFBZ.jpg

Does RAM usage start to go back down once you stop trying on new colors?

When I view enemies or objects in the codex viewer I can keep my RAM usage coasting at 1,300 MB but it frees itself up as intended once I've stopped viewing new things.

Edited by arKRazor

no it remains the same, heres me after playing with them for since my last post. edit: DONT CLICK ON THE COLOR, just move the mouse back and forth on the colors. wiggle the pointer.

PJspfHU.jpg

Edited by evil_m3nace

no it remains the same, heres me after playing with them for since my last post. edit: DONT CLICK ON THE COLOR, just move the mouse back and forth on the colors. wiggle the pointer.

PJspfHU.jpg

Sounds like we have a winner then.

I am unable to reproduce this myself so far.

I record "everything" because it's been a gold mine of bug diagnostics

I'm curious because I haven't done any recording before, how much space is needed on average per hour of playtime? What software do you recommend? What resolution do you recommend recording at? Do you have any codec preference for diagnostics?

When I view enemies or objects in the codex viewer I can keep my RAM usage coasting at 1,300 MB but it frees itself up as intended once I've stopped viewing new things.

what are your settings? Im all on low. I have to stop and do other things now but was able to go up to 1030mb of ram with no sign of stopping

Db1XwFs.jpg

Edited by evil_m3nace