The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus And Grineer As Syndicates

DoritosandDewGG

i was wandering if anyone else would think making both these factions as syndicates would be a good idea, because the rewards from invasion missions aren't really great. i understand they're both our enemies, but they're both friendly enough to give us credits and resources for helping them fight each other. so instead we could earn some better rewards like mods or weapons from them like the other syndicates. obviously wouldn't make them our ally, just helping each other destroy a common foe, but go back to killing one another when the threat is gone. And maybe top rank could be something like you get a really small chance the opposite faction will appear to help you fight the the other during missions.

The way I look at it is this. Syndicates are microcosms of Factions. Factions are macro, like nations and countries. So Grineer, Corpus, Sentients, Orokin (before they were wiped out) would have been like USA, France, China, Russia, Japan, etc, etc. They are large societies aka nations.

Syndicates would be like any specific group that are smaller and have their own agenda. They may or may not have any allegiance to a country and they may only have allegiance to themselves. So syndicates would be like the CIA or MI6. These two organizations in the real world do have allegiances to specific countries but I'll use them as examples anyways because they are small microcosms of people who have shared belief working together with specific agendas. They have their own institutions but they are not big enough to be a country/nation.

So in my mind Tenno's even if they pledge allegiance to Grineer and Corpus it would still be different because Factions (Nations) are much larger than Syndicates (specific groups with similar agenda).

The way I look at it is this. Syndicates are microcosms of Factions. Factions are macro, like nations and countries. So Grineer, Corpus, Sentients, Orokin (before they were wiped out) would have been like USA, France, China, Russia, Japan, etc, etc. They are large societies aka nations.

Syndicates would be like any specific group that are smaller and have their own agenda. They may or may not have any allegiance to a country and they may only have allegiance to themselves. So syndicates would be like the CIA or MI6. These two organizations in the real world do have allegiances to specific countries but I'll use them as examples anyways because they are small microcosms of people who have shared belief working together with specific agendas. They have their own institutions but they are not big enough to be a country/nation.

So in my mind Tenno's even if they pledge allegiance to Grineer and Corpus it would still be different because Factions (Nations) are much larger than Syndicates (specific groups with similar agenda).

i meant like the syndicates, the point i was trying to make was more in depth and structured rewards for helping with the invasions because there pretty rubbish atm, it's quicker to farm the stuff from other missions than to do the invasion missions.

Edited by DoritosandDewGG

I'd like the idea of the Corpus and Grineer as Syndicates, if Syndicates were turned into full-fledged factions.

There's a difference between situational allies, and actually pledging allegiance.

I doubt Tenno would ever do the latter with Corpus or Grineer.

I'd like to have the option of joining them, though.