Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.2.4

[DE]Rebecca

Real cool, but perhaps we could see something like syndicate syandana's not fading after completing missions? maybe you need to do what the need to get brighter more, but after that they never fade? Especially suda's, where after you complete the codex you need to get synthisis scanners to make it glow...

By the way, the Jat Kittag nerfs also went to PvE... I thought the change was meant for PvP only.  

Came on JUST to b*tch about that. I can't even hit a crate directly next to the hammer now. It's so much fun! Maaaaybe fix soon ? :( My favorite hammer is worse then a wet towel now.

**Edit: After test slamming a few targets, the Jat Kittag seems to have 0 range aoe now PVE, a bit wtf after a moment of testing it that's for sure.

Edited by PantsuPantsu

We've gotten to the point where DE has started really cheating and lying to it's player base and enacting dumb things that really just hurt the players. Yet I'll still see a few poor sods defending DE's lies and greed. I think a few updates back, I said in the thread where they kind of nerfed Frost a bit that once DE starts to really break the game and affect the white knights and their play-styles, they won't be so forgiving of DE's behavior. This isn't even a weapon, or mod, or frame anymore. They nerfed a mission type. They turned something fun into yet another arduous task.  Now, I don't personally believe that a game should be super easy, but when you turn in into work, where's the fun in that? So, I'm guess I'll just have to wait to see what new buzzword(s) they throw out there this time to justify clearly cheap tactics.

Came on JUST to b*tch about that. I can't even hit a crate directly next to the hammer now. It's so much fun! Maaaaybe fix soon ? :( My favorite hammer is worse then a wet towel now.

**Edit: After test slamming a few targets, the Jat Kittag seems to have 0 range aoe now PVE, a bit wtf after a moment of testing it that's for sure.

Damn it, as a melee only player with Valkyr this really ruins everything for me since it's my main weapon.

While we're happy with these changes to enemies, one side effect is that survival difficulty drifted over the past few months to where it is now; plentiful large canisters and no reason to use them, even when not trying to stockpile them.

We'd like to bring back the original frantic gameplay style of Survival, dashing from room to room while facing hordes of enemies against the clock

This is sounds VERY suspiciously like fixing something that isn't broken.

...Again.

And meanwhile Kubrows are STILL awful.

Survival Changes:

Spawning fixes and tileset tweaks over the past year greatly improved flow by reducing enemy travel time to players, upped the intensity of attackers and grouped enemies together into more tightly packed squads, and increased availability of points during spawn selection. While we're happy with these changes to enemies, one side effect is that survival difficulty drifted over the past few months to where it is now; plentiful large canisters and no reason to use them, even when not trying to stockpile them.

We'd like to bring back the original frantic gameplay style of Survival, dashing from room to room while facing hordes of enemies against the clock. We've tried this solo, in small teams and in full squads, everything from Apollodorus to T4 Survival, and as far as we can tell the changes feel awesome.

Upcoming Changes:

- Each PLS drop is now worth +4 seconds of life support time instead of +6 seconds

- Small reduction to PLS drop rate (around 90% of what it was)

We'd love to hear your feedback and will continue to test and tweak if needed.

OM*LOTUS, STOP shooting at our feet and telling us  "DANCE". Legit took me allot of gameplay, grinding builds and formating everything to be able to stay in one spot and turkey shoot the crap out of the enemies. We EARNED it. If people are bored of camping, SURPRISE, they don't have to!

Small tweak now, nerf ahead(couse if u take nekros camping its a piece of cake, c'mon go ahead and nerf nekros too, make him as useless as mag). Can you guys for once stop dropping the ball. You were doing so gr8 after 17...

Eh, Dear DE! Can You spent some time and FIX all broken things first and only then start nerf or change things, which are NOT broken?! And where is my valkyr skin? Was announced like a month ago.  Quality of life they say....I thought it means we will get a better life, not worse lol

Ah and pleeaaase make kubrow armor separated, like frame armor or sentinel custom parts?  For example, i dont like helmet from 1 set, but im in love with helmet from another, i would spent some plat and buy both, but since i cant use different parts i wont do that :D

Edited by WhyNotBro

OM*LOTUS, STOP shooting at our feet and telling us  "DANCE". Legit took me allot of gameplay, grinding builds and formating everything to be able to stay in one spot and turkey shoot the crap out of the enemies. We EARNED it. If people are bored of camping, SURPRISE, they don't have to!

That's a point I didn't think to bring up earlier but is really important: lots of players, veterans especially, put a ton of playtime /effort /money /whatever into this game in order to arrive at the point where Survival "camping" was possible.

Survival as a mission type didn't "drift" anywhere. The constant stream of new weapons and enemies with ever-greater power that dangled the progression carrot in our collective faces is to blame here; not the players or their playstyle choices.

I hate how trite the phrase has become, but it's probably appropriate anyway: Power Creep. You know what would have been a smart way to address that across-the-board increase in the power of players? A studied and appropriate corresponding increase in the defensive capabilities of the enemies we're facing.

Instead, we have what feels like an attempt to cleverly get around that bit of proper work by ratcheting up the difficulty of one specific mission type, and doing so only in areas where player skill and power have no impact.

That bold text right there is where I think all the silliness of this change resides. Instead of doing boring (but fundamentally sound) work, DE has handed us their "clever" solution to the problem - a solution that uses a fallacious shortcut and arrives at the wrong answer.

Also placing waypoints while sprinting doesn't work either so that should be fixed too ASAP!

it is impossible to reload while sprinting also, you can start the reload and then sprint while reloading, but can't start the reload while running (this issue is affecting also gear use: energy restore, etc..)

Conclave Changes & Fixes:

• Players can now change their loadouts to any existing saved loadouts mid-mission between spawns.
  • End of Mission rewards are no longer doubled for the winning teams.
  • Decreased the health of Frost's Snowglobe in PvP.
  • Frost's Avalanche damage reduced in PvP
  • Ash's Bladestorm damage reduced in PvP
  • Latron series damage decreased in PvP
  • Burston Prime damage decreased in PvP
  • Sybaris damage decreased in PvP
  • Reduced the amount of additional block percentage on Impenetrable Offense mod.
  • Fixed a number of issues with melee items/weapons that result in radial damage. Radial damage values have been significantly lowered on melee ground attacks, especially for the Galatine, Gram, and Jat Kittag. Exact ranges are as follows:
  • Jat Kittag from 10 meters to 6 meters.
  • Gram and Galatine from 5 meters to 4 meters.

• It is no longer possible to be knocked down while in air from a melee slam.
Changes:

• Core rewards in Endless Derelict Missions now reward in bundles of 3 instead of just a single core.
  • Mutagen rewards in Endless Derelict Missions have been replaced with Mutalist Alad V Coordinates.
  • Added new reward table for Caches in Derelict Sabotage missions.
Fixes:

• Fixed players being unable to enter a hidden room blocked by an explosive barrel in underwater Archwing missions.
  • Fixed an issue where the map or gear menu cannot be opened while sprinting.
  • Fixed an issue with Grineer getting stuck in a water tank on the Earth Defense map.
  • Fixed an issue with a glass effect in the Void.
  • Fixed an issue where dying while hacking a terminal results in the terminal becoming unusable, preventing any progression in a mission.
  • Fixed an issue with the Redeemer's first hit not doing damage to enemies unless you were inside them.
  • Fixed an issue where Infested Capture missions would have two targets.
  • Fixed the Stug being unable to destroy cylinders on Sabotage targets.
  • Fixed the Stug having no Magazine stat in the Arsenal.
  • Fixed a visual issue with an oil puddle on Phobos.
  • Fixed an issue where the 'Repeat Mission' button would not repeat the correct mission.
  • Fixed an issue where players could see outside the level in certain tilesets.
  • Fixed an issue with players viewing their Last Mission Results after changing their gear displaying incorrect information on the latest equipped gear, not the gear that was actually used in mission.
  • Fixed an issue with the end-of-match screen in the Liset showing PvE gear even after completing PvP missions and using different gear.
  • Fixed an issue with the XP bar on the Companion slot still being visible in the UI even when no Companion is equipped.
  • Fixed an issue with squad info showing up in game when mousing over the location of the Squad Info panel, even when no Squad Info panel is present.
  • Fixed an issue with players being unable to delete room messages in various Dojo rooms.
3210029_orig.jpg Edited by Zolfan

That's a point I didn't think to bring up earlier but is really important: lots of players, veterans especially, put a ton of playtime /effort /money /whatever into this game in order to arrive at the point where Survival "camping" was possible.

Survival as a mission type didn't "drift" anywhere. The constant stream of new weapons and enemies with ever-greater power that dangled the progression carrot in our collective faces is to blame here; not the players or their playstyle choices.

I hate how trite the phrase has become, but it's probably appropriate anyway: Power Creep. You know what would have been a smart way to address that across-the-board increase in the power of players? A studied and appropriate corresponding increase in the defensive capabilities of the enemies we're facing.

Instead, we have what feels like an attempt to cleverly get around that bit of proper work by ratcheting up the difficulty of one specific mission type, and doing so only in areas where player skill and power have no impact.

That bold text right there is where I think all the silliness of this change resides. Instead of doing boring (but fundamentally sound) work, DE has handed us their "clever" solution to the problem - a solution that uses a fallacious shortcut and arrives at the wrong answer.

But it works, so it works.

I'm really sad that I can no longer solo survival to rotation C without a nekros now unless I get really lucky.

That was one of my favorite things to do in this game since it was a sandbox of build experimentation and it's gone now. I just tried to play uranus submersible survival with a volt and I made it to 10 minutes of air by the skin of my teeth, and it wasn't fun at all to not just be able to kill S#&$ but have to camp next to capsules that may or may not spawn in time. 

My voice is going to get drowned out in all of the players saying "Thanks for the Update, DE" or "LOL THE PLAYERS ARE SO SALTY ABOUT THIS STAY MAD" so why am I even bothering to type this? It's not like you're actually gonna listen to feedback on this, just like you didn't when people didn't like the changes to hydroid.

Edited by WMan22

It's kinda jacked up to see a Kubrow armor released mere weeks after the last 2 sets given the clipping and issues attendant with those currently.

Last I checked, the Rostam armor was still giving my poor Kubrows bucked-teeth to the point where I can't abide having them wear it.

Since people are paying plat for these items, it would be nice to see the same care and concern go into each one.

I enjoyed survival missions more before the change.

If your going to decrease life support drops, increase mobs...

I thought they were in a good place before patch and was happy it was fixed. I thought the primary goal was to cause a distraction by killing things, if your able to do this life support shouldn't be a concern.

I'm also not sure what to think about the loot reward table changes. What was changed in sabotage on Ocean? Does that mean we cannot get new rare mobility mods?

Prefer mutagen mass over alad v coordinates. Can use mutagen mass, already have Mesa and now keys lost value. Also reducing cores from 5 to 3! Why, there are way to many rank 10 mods. Your encouraging the farm spots like Draco even more. Better tiered rewards are needed the longer you stay.

Kubrows armor is cool, but mine stay on ice anyway until all time delay is removed. 30 minutes is still to much. Immediate or nothing. I'd be OK if Kubrows were just removed from the game. The upgrade was step in right direction but not enough.

Haven't played any conclave in awhile because all my frames / favorite weapons been forma to much to use. Allow multiple forma on same slot so we can have pve / pvp load outs. Never gonna buy and rank same weapon twice. Until then, conclave to me is useless.

Not much for me in this patch. Even the gift from lotus was not reactor but cores, and not 25 but 10...

Please revert survival changes, it was perfect, now it's broke. Now you have to camp, before I could roam and still get all life support I needed.

Edited by Educated_Beast

cant even camp lol people think they can but fail i was in 2 survival runs and the air rain out within about 5 - 10 min i wanted to see what the other guy would do as a test and sadly didnt go well :S long story short survival you cant camp and if you find a good spot to camp it is only a matter of time before air runs out and you got to jump over the enemies and try to get to the exit.

also reducing cores from 5 to 3 is just bad i think and should have been left alone.

Edited by Noctiferous

I just try a syndicate survival mission with infestation, tried it solo with ash prime, failed do to seeming less spawning. Tried it with Frost prime solo, failed do to seem less spawning. Tried it with Trinity, someone joined in unexpectedly and we seem to have a massive overhaul of infestation trying to kill us and had just enough to survive it together. Truthfully, the nerfing of PLS really made it harder to try and do stuff by yourself. Still, this was one run with infestation, I'll try it later in a solo T1 and see if there makes a difference, but so far......I'm not impress of the nerf.

Life Support in Survival:

I first have so see how the changes affect the gameplay. But my Experience is:

- Public Match: Its hard to keep all together, when beeing mobile. So people tend to spread out, what screws the spawn rate, what make lifesupport hard to sustain.

- I would hate to see, that it will be again neceessary for us to bring a nekros to Survival, i dont like beeing forces to bring a special warframe to survival.

- Remember 6% to 4% is a 33% decrease in mobile lifesupport, which is a very drastic change. Hopefully the new spawn mechanic and the large pods can keep us sustained. I really hate beeing forced extract because life support is too low. I want to extract when the enemies are too strong.

- Especially in single player its hard to keep the lifesupport up, because the spawn rate of enemies is so low and with the reduced small lifesupports it will be very hard again.

But this all needs further testing.

survival changes sucks...should change survival mission into activating life support capsule mission

I'm pretty sure that's what it was always meant to be, not stand in one spot and farm all the PLUs mission. It's called survival, your goal is to survive a frantic situation. Have gamers these days really gotten this lazy that they can't do anything without instant gratification?