Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.2.4

[DE]Rebecca

So Survival has become just about the biggest snorefest next to Earth Archwing Interception.

What, like a whole 2 enemies per spawn cycle on Ophelia? Who's playing Survival, the Grineer? There's no danger aside from an arbitrary clock. Like really, it's absolutely BORING now despite running from room to room just to find a few enemies here and there. It's bad enough you cut life support's drop and amount given drastically, but now mobs barely spawn AND we gotta run around just to find them.

It might come as a surprise to you, but camping an area surviving a constant onslaught of enemies was actually fun to people. Ed and I are actually turned off to the game mode now.

Snore. Back to high wave Defense then.

Spawning fixes and tileset tweaks over the past year greatly improved flow by reducing enemy travel time to players, upped the intensity of attackers and grouped enemies together into more tightly packed squads, and increased availability of points during spawn selection. While we're happy with these changes to enemies, one side effect is that survival difficulty drifted over the past few months to where it is now; plentiful large canisters and no reason to use them, even when not trying to stockpile them.

We'd like to bring back the original frantic gameplay style of Survival, dashing from room to room while facing hordes of enemies against the clock. We've tried this solo, in small teams and in full squads, everything from Apollodorus to T4 Survival, and as far as we can tell the changes feel awesome.

Upcoming Changes:

- Each PLS drop is now worth +4 seconds of life support time instead of +6 seconds

- Small reduction to PLS drop rate (around 90% of what it was)

We'd love to hear your feedback and will continue to test and tweak if needed.

Can you stop spoil what is works correctly?

Edited by Ezariel

Great update, Thanks!

Could you boost the drop rate of mutagen samples a bit? been farming since last summer with 6 items still left in the dojo research to complete. I'm getting 2-4 out of 40 mins which is insane with the number of infested we kill and the number needed for research. It's like asking for 300-600 neurodes for weapons which at this point seem to be fodder.

Just ran a survival after this to get a feel of the changes.

... Suffice to say it is indeed less fun the small capsules feel like 2 life support not 4 and in my opinion survival could have been changed better.

just a couple of ideas to throw out there...i dunno maybe

- make the life support capsules give 20 support

- increase spawn rate and mini capsule rate ( the -90% really makes it unenjoyable)

hell im but one person though so if it's just me complaining it might not mean much anywho i've gave my two plat about the topic.

Minwhile the galatine and grum got murderd they had a ok range (for the size)with the range redution........no prime range (im not saying it was working but i was hoping for a fix in the bug that dosent count the range corect and i tested lol)   prime reach not a range kill on the bigest blades on the game ... SHAME ON U DE  and the shinido /prime are still there with half of the model size yet more range 5/6 meters....... that logick killed the prime reach galatine fun build TNX DE for killing yet another dream :'(  and i wont get an answer im sure none is looking this and it was a sneaky kill TNX again...

I'm always happy to see good fixes on bad bugs.

I remember this thing called ODD, where players went to go get piles of loot and kit.  It's that "kit" thing that I'm pointing out here.  Remember phased-out Primes?  Why not see some of them rotate into the Derelects? (if they're already there, well, it proves I'm too poor to pay atention)

Also, when are we gonna see Infested 2.0 swarming all over?  You know, full Grineer Infested Missions where appropriate, full Corpus (ish) rosters on Corpus bases, and the good old fashioned standard Infested mix for places like Crossfires...  There's so much that could happen here, it feels as though this enemy is being wasted in potential.

EDIT:  So, 'bout that Plasma Sword thing that isn't a thing...  Could it please be implemented already?  Where is this 100% status on the weapon with already AWFUL base stats?  I almost hesitate to ask about the damage reduction that ALSO hasn't seemed to have happened, as that's going to nerf a pure elemental damage type that's already well below current quasi-viable melee numbers...  And that's not to mention that WORTHLESS base attack speed.

Seriously, why would this be done?  Attack speed on this thing is terrible, damage is low AS IT IS, Crit is almost non-viable as a mechanic to build on...  The Plasma Sword could use the status boost, an attack speed buff, AND a slight Crit chance boost if it gets hit with damage reduction...  I'm NOT about to complain at an old, old weapon getting a tweak, however it needs QoL as much as anything else.  That's why single swords are the Dakra Prime AND NOTHING ELSE to some players right now.

Edited by Cytobel

Survival Changes:

Spawning fixes and tileset tweaks over the past year greatly improved flow by reducing enemy travel time to players, upped the intensity of attackers and grouped enemies together into more tightly packed squads, and increased availability of points during spawn selection. While we're happy with these changes to enemies, one side effect is that survival difficulty drifted over the past few months to where it is now; plentiful large canisters and no reason to use them, even when not trying to stockpile them.

We'd like to bring back the original frantic gameplay style of Survival, dashing from room to room while facing hordes of enemies against the clock. We've tried this solo, in small teams and in full squads, everything from Apollodorus to T4 Survival, and as far as we can tell the changes feel awesome.

Upcoming Changes:

- Each PLS drop is now worth +4 seconds of life support time instead of +6 seconds

- Small reduction to PLS drop rate (around 90% of what it was)

We'd love to hear your feedback and will continue to test and tweak if needed.

My feedback:
Terrible.

LOL
DE
make something for this Jat Kittag! Pls. Buff more the dmg. is tooooooo weak. speacially of the slam attack with so little AOE, that can just can kill me mid-air with 100 health with one hit. PLS. is not enough. make it take at least 250 dmg and shield!

pls pls pls

i love your pvp changes.

I'm glad i can't do 2 hour survivals, the only thing i enjoyed doing in this game anymore, glad it is ACTUALLY impossible to do them anymore.

I'm just going to assume the only testing done was to the first 5 or 10 minutes of just those two missions.

Edited by WriggleNightbug

Still no fix for Knux research requirements.

If those are the intended costs then there is something VERY wrong with you guys...

Edit: Feedback on new Survival changes: AWFUL. The part that was nice about them before was you didn't need a Nekros (or Hydroid) to go for extended periods of time. Why would you WANT to bring that requirement back? You're essentially making Survivals a 3-player mission again instead of what should be an intended 4.

Edited by Mr._Clean

• Added an option to Weapons, Archwing and Sentinels appearance submenu called "Copy Warframe Colors". This new feature works the same as the copy main colors options in the attachments submenu, but will grab the colors off the currently equipped Warframe.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

I'm always happy to see good fixes on bad bugs.

I remember this thing called ODD, where players went to go get piles of loot and kit.  It's that "kit" thing that I'm pointing out here.  Remember phased-out Primes?  Why not see some of them rotate into the Derelects? (if they're already there, well, it proves I'm too poor to pay atention)

Also, when are we gonna see Infested 2.0 swarming all over?  You know, full Grineer Infested Missions where appropriate, full Corpus (ish) rosters on Corpus bases, and the good old fashioned standard Infested mix for places like Crossfires...  There's so much that could happen here, it feels as though this enemy is being wasted in potential.

EDIT:  So, 'bout that Plasma Sword thing that isn't a thing...  Could it please be implemented already?  Where is this 100% status on the weapon with already AWFUL base stats?  I almost hesitate to ask about the damage reduction that ALSO hasn't seemed to have happened, as that's going to nerf a pure elemental damage type that's already well below current quasi-viable melee numbers...  And that's not to mention that WORTHLESS base attack speed.

Seriously, why would this be done?  Attack speed on this thing is terrible, damage is low AS IT IS, Crit is almost non-viable as a mechanic to build on...  The Plasma Sword could use the status boost, an attack speed buff, AND a slight Crit chance boost if it gets hit with damage reduction...  I'm NOT about to complain at an old, old weapon getting a tweak, however it needs QoL as much as anything else.  That's why single swords are the Dakra Prime AND NOTHING ELSE to some players right now.

Powercreep in this game is huge.