Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.2.4

[DE]Rebecca

Yeah I can confirm that I am unable to shoot my own cubes with my Quanta Vandal. Please fix quickly DE!! This is basically my favorite gun!

Some screens:

2015_08_26_00001.jpg 2015_08_26_00002.jpg 2015_08_26_00003.jpg 2015_08_26_00004.jpg 2015_08_26_00005.jpg 2015_08_26_00006.jpg 2015_08_26_00007.jpg 2015_08_26_00008.jpg 

If it helps, I have a maxed shred on. My Quanta is stacked with high fire rate, and is like 3-4 forma'd.

In other news,

And on the topic of weapons, I really think there needs to be a large bird's eye view pass of nearly all the weapons. I REALLY REALLY want to see the weapons from the first half of the game get some love. I mean very very few things need a nerf right now, but around 60-70% of the weapons are terrible due to things that make no sense, like Panthera not using reach mods, and how you can barely boost the DoT damage of the Acrid, my Phage and Amprex seems to have been nerfed in some way, but I must have missed when they said it, but my amprex that used to hit for like 15k red crits now hits for maybe 3k-4k reds, and seems to take like a full second or two longer to kill things that it did.

I want to see weapons be more useful, like the Ignis. It should be EPIC: its a *!$!& FLAMETHROWER. lol  The miter and panthera should have crit and a 100% or so slash proc, the Mutalist Quanta should have NO limit to the number of orbs it can fire! (That one change and I would LOVE it as far as I can tell.) The Sword and Shield type weapons should have something really special happen when blocking with the shield, reflecting projectiles? absorbing them as energy? letting off a burst of status similar to syndicate weapons at a threshold? anything. 

More mods that give us more options would be nice too! Give us more weapon syndicate mods, and make sure they make sense, i mean what am I gonna do with +200% longer status duration for my acrid? nothing lasts 27 seconds, or if they do you are doing something REALLY wrong (or you are fighting level 200+ enemies in which case you have other problems). That mod could be like all elemental damage is spread in a 5m diameter cloud around the impact site.

tl;dr Look back on all the weapons and make changes that make sense. Please.

Edited by WildBastion

wait, actual reasons to play Derelict Missions?

what is this madness.

i'm glad that Derelict now has permanent reasons for Players to play it.

and i'll never be happy with Doge Armor until i can apply pieces individually. Head, Chest, Back, front/back Legs.

i don't like entire sets of any of them. there's always parts i don't like the look of.

• Fixed an issue where dying while hacking a terminal results in the terminal becoming unusable, preventing any progression in a mission.

Thx DE! Now I can void laser radiation proc myself and troll my friends at terminals without the risk of ruining the mission. Hehe. XD

... worst Survival changes ever made ... this has nothing to do with the earlier survival ... lots of enemies? we barely got groups of 5 ... ~4-5 LS used till 20 minutes, this is not fun anymore, well done ...

Update 17.2.4

Survival Changes:

Spawning fixes and tileset tweaks over the past year greatly improved flow by reducing enemy travel time to players, upped the intensity of attackers and grouped enemies together into more tightly packed squads, and increased availability of points during spawn selection. While we're happy with these changes to enemies, one side effect is that survival difficulty drifted over the past few months to where it is now; plentiful large canisters and no reason to use them, even when not trying to stockpile them.

We'd like to bring back the original frantic gameplay style of Survival, dashing from room to room while facing hordes of enemies against the clock. We've tried this solo, in small teams and in full squads, everything from Apollodorus to T4 Survival, and as far as we can tell the changes feel awesome.

Upcoming Changes:

- Each PLS drop is now worth +4 seconds of life support time instead of +6 seconds

- Small reduction to PLS drop rate (around 90% of what it was)

We'd love to hear your feedback and will continue to test and tweak if needed.

Since we're talking about that, I'd like to suggest a simple change to make the Lotus talk more often about the Life Support status. Many a times during solo survival runs I run out of LS even though I have a load of LS capsules around me, cuz I was too absorbed into the BLOODY GORY AND DELICIOUS SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENT GRINEER HAIL SUDA - what I mean is, sometimes Lotus will say "30 seconds left" or some sort, and sometimes she won't, couldn't we have at least an option where she always warns you when LS is running low? It would be immensely helpful. Thanks!

I never liked the old kubro armor. I might actually consider this one. Good job to the artisits and THANKS FOR PUTTING VITALITY BACK INTO THE GAME BY BUG FIXING.

Seriously, we need SO man more of these.

Not enough fixing, FIX ALL THE THINGS!

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.

Since we're talking about that, I'd like to suggest a simple change to make the Lotus talk more often about the Life Support status. Many a times during solo survival runs I run out of LS even though I have a load of LS capsules around me, cuz I was too absorbed into the BLOODY GORY AND DELICIOUS SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENT GRINEER HAIL SUDA - what I mean is, sometimes Lotus will say "30 seconds left" or some sort, and sometimes she won't, couldn't we have at least an option where she always warns you when LS is running low? It would be immensely helpful. Thanks!

good suggestion since now you will be running low on ls the whole mission.

Could Mesa energy colors be looked at? It's all over the place.

Black energy color -> blue Peacemaker echoes and red muzzle flash and white sparks, like wat

Shooting Gallery is black, so there is that..

Edited by Cynaris

Oh right, and one more thing!

You devs have to listen to us complain or tell you all the things wrong with your game, or how to change or make it better, and I would like to add:

Thanks so much for this game!! I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in it, ranging from the crushing defeat of losing high value parts with a d/c near the end of a mission, to the hilarious times when I break a map and get stuck somewhere silly, and most importantly that fantastic feeling when my new frame or weapon comes hot n' fresh out of my foundry, ready and waiting to be turned into something most living things in the galaxy groan to be put up against.

You guys have given us a lot, and I appreciate your patience dealing with all of us! You update frequently, and (most of the time) it is something I look forward to!

Take a deep breath, enjoy some well-earned praise, and get back to work, you nifty devs. :P

Also placing waypoints while sprinting doesn't work either so that should be fixed too ASAP!

Other important thing: Players in thread are reporting massively decreased spawns in Survival. With the changes to life support, I would presume lowered spawns basically make the mode unplayable, which means - I'm guessing - this was entirely unintended.

Also, I noticed that my fully modded Itzal was somehow receiving lower health and shield (~800) in solo than it was in a squad (1320 shield, 1500 health). Might be a leftover big of bugging with the scaling - I'm fairly sure Itzal is supposed to top out at the higher numbers. Experienced this in both solo Sharkwing and host-migrated Caelus.

Update 17.2.4

Additions:

• Fixed a number of issues with melee items/weapons that result in radial damage. Radial damage values have been significantly lowered on melee ground attacks, especially for the Galatine, Gram, and Jat Kittag. Exact ranges are as follows:
    • Jat Kittag from 10 meters to 6 meters.
    • Gram and Galatine from 5 meters to 4 meters.

Are these specific changes to just PVP or to PVE as well as it is not stated?

I decided to run a t3 survival after I read this update and was very disappointed by the way it played.

We could only go 30 minutes, not because of the enemies but because of life support, which was not fun because I had to constantly keep an eye of the life support and eventually I had to grab the life support the second it spawned because the enemies were not dropping any and they gave less. I aborted the mission because I felt as though I was wasting the key because rotation c is every 20 minutes and I needed to go to rotation c. Farming just became rediculous because of this and it now makes everything harder to get than it already was. 

Some of the fixes I would recommend are:

1. instead of rotations A,A,B,C it could go rotations A,B,C: This would help farming for rotation c rewards better and if this were to happen the survival changes would be better than what it is now.

2. Instead of lowering the drop rate for PLS, they could just give 4 seconds(which is what you did), but lowering the drop rate made it too hard to get up life support

3. Instead of the life support capsules giving 30% life support they could give 20-25%, but have a fairly faster spawn time.

This is the only complaint I have( I understand that survival should be harder, but it should be hard because of enemies not life support) and I love the other changes you have added. I wish you all luck in the future of developing Warframe.

This probably wont reach you since Im just an average day evil koala.

Thanks for working on this game that me and a ton of people enjoy playing

As for survival changes...

First of all, did you really test survival before releasing this update 17.2.4, DE??? Please let us know your opinions and your real intentions based on your real experiences after actual playing in any tiers of void survival both as solo and with multi-players, at least 40 minutes. Then, before asking players opinions, you will confront some critical defects in there if you will actually play.

You should know more seriously those who enjoy Warframe and also what you want to deliver to players via Warframe.

People does not play the games for the rewards but pure enjoyment, I'm sure. People leave from the games if it's not fun understandably.

Thanks.

Edited by TuttiTheSkull