Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.2.4

[DE]Rebecca

I play some of the T1and T2 survivals. 

Tested the new way, sorry it sucks vacum big time, ( T1 Survival ) as a single person now can't possibly do the missions as all you can do is run from one to the next tank and activate it. No looking for the treasure rooms and fighting is well out of the question the NPC's don't drop enough of the small tanks to find the next main tank. you don't have time to fight. though i did fight for a while at first but the air ran down very quickly. so there is no joy in looking for anything or even trying to see the rooms and decor of the tilesets.  Just run through the map and get out before you run out of air. Which i ran out of before i could get through the tile sets. Because of the Hordes of enemys i ran into and all the traps.

Just a suggestion from and old gamer leave the Hordes and put the oxy back the way it was, it was just barely right, don't mind the fight as long as i can look around and find all the highlights of a Tileset. one of the good reasons i play is to Explore, not just to fight. this takes away nearly all of it and makes the mission useless for people that want to play at times by themselves. And don't tell me public is the way as it isn't, to many times i have had people just run through the tileset and get to the extraction point and waste my keys and my time and effort in other mission types and this one as soon as lotus give the you can leave spew.

I played this as i normally would and found a couple of treasure rooms couldn't even loot them as a Loki in Stealth with a Kubrow. no time to do so. was to busy running out of air. The NPC's were not the problem and there were a lot more of them.  NO JOY DE and these arn't suppose to be nightmare missions.

Which means i won't play the survival missions any more in Void. Instead why not fix the drop tables  so there is at least and equal chance of any part dropping. instead of the stupid lame farming everyone complains about because you just can't get just the one part you need. Farming is a part of the game it just doesn't have to go as far as this does, doing over a 100+ missions or more to get a part shows just how broken it is. I did over 130 for a wep part in Archwing on earth. And nearly a 100 for just one part of the new frame for Equinox. Now i will not even visit Uranus for any reason if i can help it. Darn it i have a Archwing mission i have to do there why why why .............................wait........ they cut the stats on the archwing......NNNNoooooooo, it's really hard to play that mission as it is, and now i have to farm it.............

Gee you know i pump a bit of Real money into this game, just to keep going well that might have to stop on my part

..........Oh wait thats farming isn't it on your part....Gee guess you won't miss it.

OK there's my feedback on the Changes , keep up the good work, some of the fix's were needed. just the survival oxy wasn't.

PS: How does the Kubrow See with that new Armour by the way ?

Edited by xDirty_Birdx

Still no fix for sprinting delaying the second shot of the Tigris [if you click and hold].

To be more specific:

1. Click and hold [fire first shot, hold second]

2. Being sprinting.

3. While sprinting, release the trigger; you will not cancel sprint and fire the shot, like normal.

4. Do anything that stops/interrupts the sprint [stop moving, slide, etc] and the second shot will automatically fire even if your hand is completely off the mouse by now.

I would say I'm not exactly thrilled about the Survival changes.

Why were both the PLS drop rate reduction and effect reduction both applied at the same time? It would seem more prudent to let the players test the effects of either one independently before pushing both to live at the same time.

I decided to see how it felt in what I thought would be a leisurely solo T2 Survival, and I didn't like what I saw. You mention bringing back the "frantic" gameplay feel, but it wasn't frantic at all. It was just stressful. Suddenly you are punished for everything. Missed shots, enemies taking cover, tiles with unfavorable spawn and pathing characteristics...

The gameplay impact of factors outside player control is even bigger than it was, and that isn't enjoyable. I went (alone, granted) to Tower II with an Ice Chroma and Hek, one-hitting everything the pellets touched. Even sweeping whole groups out of existence with each pull of the trigger, I barely made it to 40 minutes. More importantly, I did not enjoy those minutes because I spent them all slugging it out with mysterious forces completely outside of my control.

The previous levels of Life Support drop and effect were a much-needed buffer against factors like being tile-hosed, and survival is not fun - like it used to be - without that buffer. Every second is now spent stressing over how hard I need to concentrate to "make this key count."

I enjoyed solo Survival missions because I could ride the difficulty curve up and feel the "challenge" of killing smartly to maintain Life Support, while at the same time not getting my butt blown to smithereens when the enemies got big and stompy.

Trying Survival after these latest changes, I didn't feel that challenge. There was no ebb and flow of demand on my skills and focus. The stress was a straight line of mental discomfort, and that isn't something that human beings tend to like.

Edited by notlamprey

"Small reduction to PLS drop rate"

I'd like to know which faction you've fought against for that decision. While we have oversaturation of PLS drop rate against Grineer, Corpus and Corrupted, the Infested always suffered from the opposite, which usually makes people say that it's almost required to have Nekros in a Infested Survival (especially in Orokin Derelict).

I haven't tried yet, but I hope the reduction is not simply an overall reduction with no regards of factions, and how Infested usually drops MUCH less.

try the new survive on t4 solo.. well its good .. i start run :D.. but as a team with nekros.. its so helpful+ 

even with solo uits take the fun out.. u cant do higher the 30 min +_ and that no fait and no fun :{ 

we cant any more test our limet 

Spawning fixes and tileset tweaks over the past year greatly improved flow by reducing enemy travel time to players, upped the intensity of attackers and grouped enemies together into more tightly packed squads, and increased availability of points during spawn selection. While we're happy with these changes to enemies, one side effect is that survival difficulty drifted over the past few months to where it is now; plentiful large canisters and no reason to use them, even when not trying to stockpile them.

We'd like to bring back the original frantic gameplay style of Survival, dashing from room to room while facing hordes of enemies against the clock. We've tried this solo, in small teams and in full squads, everything from Apollodorus to T4 Survival, and as far as we can tell the changes feel awesome.

i lost count how many times de has lied in the last few months

Edited by WriggleNightbug

Still no fix for:

1.Extremely Abnormal Skill Damage (And Messed Up Body Part Multiplier)
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/516293-extremely-abnormal-skill-damage-and-messed-up-body-part-multiplier/

2.Messed up hit box of all melee weapons (since U16.5):
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/458319-huge-decrease-of-melee-weapons-range-since-165/

3.Invisible Syndicate Medallions

4.Client side suffers unusual delay for weapon holster animation to start even the game is not lagging at all:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/425122-i-have-been-thinking-why-is-weapon-swap-speed-so-slow/

5.Game client randomly minimized/black screen
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/443037-minimize-black-screen-during-mission/

6.Frost's Avalanche:
A)When casting while hosting the game, killed enemies will be shattered (correct).
B)But if not hosting, killed enemies will stay and block our sight and shots for a while (incorrect).

7.Ash Prime Textures, Mesh & Animation Bugs
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/488216-ash-prime-textures-mesh-animation-bugs-collection-thread/

8.Broken camera for Blade Storm (zoom in too much after 16.6.3):
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/467753-ashs-blade-strom-camera-is-broken-u1663/?p=5206645

9.Solo mission ending and cut scene countdown became un-skipable.

Edited by aerosoul1337

Survival Changes:

Upcoming Changes:

- Each PLS drop is now worth +4 seconds of life support time instead of +6 seconds

- Small reduction to PLS drop rate (around 90% of what it was)

Changes:

• Players can no longer bullet-jump out of the Cephalon Suda room in the Relays.

Knew the relay change was coming when players started talking about it in chat. Thanks a lot guys :p There was actually a pretty nice view out there.

Incoming survival nerf huh? Well i suppose it's a good thing i don't care for tower survival anymore :d So many Orokin Cells it is ridiculous.

• Ash's Bladestorm damage reduced in PvP

Really the dudes bladestorm dmg is so bad in pvp and you reduce it; not fair. I bladestorm and the player gets up and kill u. frost Avalanche one shot u. Pvp in the beginning was looking promising now i wonder.

When's the Knux going to get a cost reduction? It's stupidly high for many people.

DE already confirmed it was as intended.

I can only assume it's an experiment to see how many clans will actually research it at those costs, and whether it results in any increase in for-plat sales.

If these costs annoy you, I'd recommend you cross your fingers that it didn't trigger an improvement in plat turnover for DE, or you'll see every new clan tech item suffer this level of resource requirement increase.

Thanks for the fixes, guys. But in all honesty...

Survival Changes:

Spawning fixes and tileset tweaks over the past year greatly improved flow by reducing enemy travel time to players, upped the intensity of attackers and grouped enemies together into more tightly packed squads, and increased availability of points during spawn selection. While we're happy with these changes to enemies, one side effect is that survival difficulty drifted over the past few months to where it is now; plentiful large canisters and no reason to use them, even when not trying to stockpile them.

We'd like to bring back the original frantic gameplay style of Survival, dashing from room to room while facing hordes of enemies against the clock. We've tried this solo, in small teams and in full squads, everything from Apollodorus to T4 Survival, and as far as we can tell the changes feel awesome.

Upcoming Changes:

- Each PLS drop is now worth +4 seconds of life support time instead of +6 seconds

- Small reduction to PLS drop rate (around 90% of what it was)

We'd love to hear your feedback and will continue to test and tweak if needed.

...I'm really not okay with this. All you did was decrease the amount of time we can stay in there, because our Warframes and weapons will begin to fail us. No dead enemies means no chance for PLS, and no PLS means we have to rely on the main LS containers. We already have enough of a hard time dealing with your awful RNG rolls...we don't need an nerf in the PLS rolls to make the other rolls even harder to come by.  :I

i am not really happy with the changes and enjoyed being able to fight large number of enemies now its the old annoying run -.- run out of air before the enemies even begin to be a challenge.

But i will admit i do enjoy the higher number of enemies it makes it more of a survival and see how long you can try to fight off the forces of the faction you are against.

Added an option to Weapons, Archwing and Sentinels appearance submenu called "Copy Warframe Colors". This new feature works the same as the copy main colors options in the attachments submenu, but will grab the colors off the currently equipped Warframe.

SWEEEET

Edited by AzureTerra