The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Is The Most Effective/efficient Place To Farm Forma?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Question

I'm not new to this game and I'm aware that if you spend a lot of time in the void you have blueprints for months so please take this post seriously or just ignore it.

I have limited playtime and am trying to find the best place to farm multiple forma so I can get it out of the way for a bit and play missions that I enjoy. Since I have so many t4 survival keys, from arbiters, I go there often. Despite all the threads complaining about forma bps crowding their drop tables, I'm lucky if I get one on rot C on a 40 min run.

Looking at the drop tables d1 defense seems like it would be the go to place; easy mission and bps drop rot A and C, but their chances are very low.

TL;DR: So I turn to the community once again, where do you seem to find the most formas? If you were to farm formas where would you go?

14 answers to this question

I find that Sabotage missions are usually pretty good since with the Caches you have 4 times the chances of getting one, but otherwise they supposedly plague T3/T4 Defense and Survival, especially when you don't want them.

You only have 2 times to get a forma in a sabotage mission. Only the 3rd cache re-rolls the end-of-mission reward table where forma are on. The 1st and 2nd caches are junk. At least for T3 sab, all the one's I've done I've never gotten more than 2 forma. I don't have T4 Sab keys, because I stopped playing for awhile during the period where they had T4 keys on syndicates.

Also keep in mind that T2 Mobile Def and T2 Sab cannot drop forma, it's not in the tables. They only reward prime parts. Great for ducats, but terrible for you looking for forma.

Edited by weezedog

I believe you can get blueprints or fully built forma from T3 survival, T3 sabotage, and T3 exterminate. I get the blueprints a lot there, but a chance at a fully built one makes it even more efficient. T3 Capture also seems to give me a lot of forma blueprints and can be completed quickly. 

On more of a tin foil hat note, take along friends that want prime parts and you're sure to get extra forma ;P

T4D does seem to be the best to "farm" them based on the table.  Good chance to get one for 5, 10, and 15 then just jump out and repeat.  Haven't tried it yet since I don't have any keys for it and probably couldn't handle it yet with my current equipment.  I know my attempts to farm for them on T2C, T2E, and T3E have failed.  But have gotten a lot of Prime parts...LMAO

Kinda funny that your best chance of getting them is in higher level missions where if you're doing it you probably don't need them as much.  LOL