The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana Prime

DoritosandDewGG

With the release of Excalibur umbra on the horizon, mentions the nikana prime coming with it. Will this make the dragon nikana completely irrelevant? I have forma'd this a few times and put a lot of effort to get it where it is. What's your opinion on what will happen to the stats?

I'm hoping it will have alternative buffs to the dragon, making them both usable.

The thing with primes is that they usually over shadow the older versions

Maybe it could be something similar to the latron wraith and latron prime thing 

Where one is good for headshots and the other for status chance

Edited by Amethyst.zero

Nikana Prime is the Primed Nikana not the Primed Dragon Nikana so really it wont over power DN, In my opinion i think it will be competition for the Dragon Nikana, and by that i mean like how the Dakra is Competition for the DN.

If the Chinese stats are anything to go by...Nikana Prime is a straight upgrade to Dragon Nikana. It was basically DN with more crit and more base damage if I'm not mistaken.

Nikana Prime is the Primed Nikana not the Primed Dragon Nikana so really it wont over power DN, In my opinion i think it will be competition for the Dragon Nikana, and by that i mean like how the Dakra is Competition for the DN.

We have seen the stats for the nikana prime. It does completely over shadow the dragon nikana

Higher damage, higher crit, higher attack speed, and the other stats are slightly higher or the same

That's quite disappointing tbh :/

Not really. There was no way to know WHEN it would come out just that it would in the future at some point.

Personally im going to enjoy that weapon a LOT

It's the nikana prime not the dragon nikana prime so its Stat buff will be based off the base stats of the regular nikana meaning it will likely be on par with the dragon at best I would imagine.

Nope its a straight upgrade in nearly every aspect, we have the stats

Except that it doesn't look like a Katana in the least, or either of its brothers, Nikana and Dragon Nikana.

It looks like a cheap Chinese rip off (go figure).

You must have been looking at something else than me, then. Because it's the same type of slightly curved blade as the other two Nikanas. The Lotus decoration is not as strong (go figure, it's a prime) but instead it has some more classic ornaments on it.

But calling that a rip-off goes too far. That it doesn't have as long of a Lotus theme and more of a "holy ornamental" theme to it makes sense if you look at the theme of primes...Lotus flower only comes second (if at all) in terms of decoration on primes.

Except that it doesn't look like a Katana in the least, or either of its brothers, Nikana and Dragon Nikana.

It looks like a cheap Chinese rip off (go figure).

PW can't make quality content for themselves, why should they make it for us? They have DE eating out of their hand.

Nikana Prime is a complete disgrace. It outshadows the Dragon Nikana in every way except PUNCTURE DAMAGE. It is super disappointing, here I thought the term 'Dragon' meant that this particular weapon is equal or possibly even greater than any Orokin technology. Here I stand corrected.

The Tenno upgrade to the Nikana is completely outshadowed by the Prime variant of its lower tiered counterpart. Shame.

Nikana Prime is a complete disgrace. It outshadows the Dragon Nikana in every way except PUNCTURE DAMAGE. It is super disappointing, here I thought the term 'Dragon' meant that this particular weapon is equal or possibly even greater than any Orokin technology. Here I stand corrected.

The Tenno upgrade to the Nikana is completely outshadowed by the Prime variant of its lower tiered counterpart. Shame.

Do you have a link of it's stats or the kunai's stats?

Do you have a link of it's stats or the kunai's stats?

cQzFzmWl.jpg

(Dragon Nikana -> Nikana Prime)

Increased Slash (72 -> 85)
Decreased Puncture (8.5 -> 4.8)
Increased Impact (4 -> 4.8)
Increased Status Chance (15% -> 20%)
Increased Crit Chance (15% -> 20%)
Increased Attack Speed (1.0 -> 1.1)

Base Damage:

Dragon Nikana: 85

Nikana Prime: 95
Edited by LazerSkink

I'm hoping the stats for the Nikana prime are unique to to the Chinese version to make them feel special, because yea it looks way more like a Chinese Dao style sword than a katana. Not sure why it's called a Nikana at all.

My thoughts exactly. I'm hoping that Nikana Prime has identical stats to Dragon Nikana (similarly to how Reaper Prime and Ether Reaper were in Melee 1.0). Could also be a skin but...that's just a silly thought. It seems more appropriate to keep the stats identical but the weapons distinct for both mastery and looks, this way it all boils down to personal preference.

Second point I completely agree with. Only the sheath represents something of a katana but the blade itself? Not anywhere near a katana. If Nikana Prime receives even a visual change for the global build, I'm perfectly fine.

cQzFzmWl.jpg

(Dragon Nikana -> Nikana Prime)

Increased Slash (72 -> 85)
Decreased Puncture (8.5 -> 4.8)
Increased Impact (4 -> 4.8)
Increased Status Chance (15% -> 20%)
Increased Crit Chance (15% -> 20%)
Increased Attack Speed (1.0 -> 1.1)

Base Damage:

Dragon Nikana: 85

Nikana P

Ah thanks. That is strange, but I guess if it wasn't stronger than the D Nikana, alot of people would just skip out on it.

Do we also have stats on the kunai P btw?

Ah thanks. That is strange, but I guess if it wasn't stronger than the D Nikana, alot of people would just skip out on it.

Do we also have stats on the kunai P btw?

Alot of people would not skip out on it. Many want a Primed Nikana and they also can gain mastery from it. If it's equal to Dragon Nikana, it may not matter to the, they just want the Nikana Prime for themselves in general due to the idea of it.

As for the second:

YjGOfNSl.jpg

There's a whole album for the stats of Umbra, Nikana, and Kunai.

http://imgur.com/a/j4J91#0