[DE]Rebecca

Hotfix 17.2.5

-snip-

Survival Changes & Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where Personal Life Support Capsules would give 2x the intended amount when picked up by Clients in certain scenarios. This bug has existed since Survival was introduced, and is a huge contributor in why Solo missions are so much harder in Survival (no Clients to get 2x the Life Support).
  • Changed the amount of seconds each Personal Life Support Capsule gives from 4 seconds to 7 seconds (please note that the unit here is seconds, not percent).
  • General Note: Restored the Personal Life Support Capsule drop chances to pre Update 17.2.4 values. What this means in the short term is that the stakes and pressure are back to being very low (for now). With the 17.2.5 version of Survival, it is likely that having a full row of unused Life Support Towers will be easy to achieve, especially in a group setting. However, work is ongoing to strike a balance in what the right amount of urgency in Life Support is.

-snip

I do appreciate the idea of of trying to make Survival missions more thrilling, and wanting them to be frantic.  That aspect was sort of fun, I'll admit.  However, I believe it's of the utmost importance that whatever solution you do come up with in the future to increase that particular flavor results in increased activity and not a decrease of activity.  Waiting around, as unintended as it was (even in groups, killing enemies just to kill enemies (as in there were few chances it actually contributed to your success)), was just completely not fun.

At any rate, thanks DE for the update and for doing a great job.

Edit: grammar

Edited by DelialFallen

U nice.

+94.444% PLS effectiveness compared to 17.2.4 (not counting in the 2x sec bug fix).

This should be most interesting.

May the RNGesus make it last long. :)

Thanks for restoring(for now) previous values to survival missions.

It's deffinitely needed some more tweaking. In goroup everything seemed mostly fine: using Life Support towers from time to time and keeping ourselves bussy with enemies, but still felt like there were too few of enemies to kill.

In T3-T4 survival solo - amount of enemies and Life Support was mostly ok, but still too few (even using all the Life Support towers and running from room to room like crazy).  

But, at T1 survival solo I had to run through 3-4 rooms to find like 20 enemies at best! To make it worse - although dying pretty much instantly, they would give me waaaay less Life Support than the amount of it being wasted to just find them! With such "tweaks" maintaining Life Support higher then 0% even while making use of all available LS towers was more difficult than on higher Tier towers, which was at least strange.

Keep going! I think the general idea was right, but realisation of it - somewhat faulty this time.

Honestly I felt the survival changes where fine people more so just didn't like the idea of using the pods due to being too used to not having to. I mean hell for the most you still didn't have to use them. Not fully sure why this was reverted.

Though I would mention a new small graphics thing before IT gets gran kids too.

8LbWlHN.jpg

The sigil you guys just released has two parts to it, the arsenal and shop show 3.

Hur7UYm.jpg

Never mind, its supposed to work this way.

Which is cool.

]\'[

Edited by MokutoBunshi

I ran 3 survivals (2 on Mimas and one on Sedna but it was a 30-35 Syndicate mission) last night after 17.2.4 and I experienced no problems running out of life support what-so-ever.  The Mimas runs were 30 minutes each, obviously the Syndicate run was 10.  I believe we activated one capsule on one of the two Mimas runs, and that's all.  Accordingly, I do not understand why the sheer volume of salt appeared for the changes.  That said, I have a suggestion that might "strike a balance" and it's amazingly simple:

1) Keep the pre-17.2.4 spawn levels.

2) Keep the pre-17.2.4 PLS drop rates.

3) Keep the pre-17.2.4 Capsule rates.

4) Cut the amount of life support PLS grants in half.

(And please stop telling us seconds in patch notes.  The indicator in-game is a percentage, so all we're gonna care about is a percentage.)

Basically change only the amount of life support that PLS gives and leave all the rest alone.  This would force player movement but would not create the extreme scarcity that makes everyone so salty.  To make up the difference, people will just have to actually bother to activate a capsule more than once an hour.

See, change can be good.  Too much change too fast is the problem here, but a little, mild change would be fine :)

On an unrelated topic: I find it funny that there was no more outrage over this than there was over the Radial Javelin LoS change or the Greedy Pull nerf, and yet this time it gets a comment from DE about how rude we're all being.  Makes me wonder how hard DE was reading our feedback before.  It's just...humorous, I guess.

Gonna be a $&*^ and won't say "thank you" for the Survival mode revert/change.

Instead I'm gonna ask you to test these kind of changes a little bit more before introducing them. And I know lots of players have asked it but: make a PTR server so more people can test stuff like this. It will save you time, and give you more feedback.

Honestly I felt the survival changes where fine people more so just didn't like the idea of using the pods due to being too used to not having to. I mean hell for the most you still didn't have to use them. Not fully sure why this was reverted.

I don't think everything was reverted. I believe the biggest reason changes were made so quick was because it was making solo survival extremely difficult/next to impossible. Rebecca confirmed this in one of her own tests, when she tried Nyx Prime on an ODS solo and said in one of her posts "Thirsty Nyx Prime was thirsty". 

• Changed the amount of seconds each Personal Life Support Capsule gives from 4 seconds to 7 seconds (please note that the unit here is seconds, not percent).
  • General Note: Restored the Personal Life Support Capsule drop chances to pre Update 17.2.4 values. What this means in the short term is that the stakes and pressure are back to being very low (for now). With the 17.2.5 version of Survival, it is likely that having a full row of unused Life Support Towers will be easy to achieve, especially in a group setting. However, work is ongoing to strike a balance in what the right amount of urgency in Life Support is.

Before 17.2.4, Personal Life Support Capsules gave 6 s, not 7 s according to the 17.2.4 patch notes. Is it really more than it was before 17.2.4 now or is there an error in the notes?

With the drop chance being returned to "normal", that would make survival easier than it was before the changes of 17.2.4.

• Upvote 1

So where's the redtext guys got to, they've usually posted it by now, missed half and want to see what the first half of it was lol :).

• Fixed not being able to do a number of actions while sprinting (Waypoints, Hotkeys). If you encounter more issues with certain key actions not working in certain states, please let us know.

Yes, at last. Now i can take my super fast loki with me and plunge whole heks raid arena into FIREWORKS.

200 grand finale 1 room. Oh how i just love the sound of crashing Tenno. One after another. Crish Cresh Crash. Breaking the game of 7 Tenno at once. No one so far was able to withstand the shine of 200 grand finale at once but me. Losing whole raid progress 3 seconds befor completing mission, leaving me alone to collect the reward. Oh and dont worry, 292k grand finale is a long way to waste.

I have enough for everyone. >:)

Before 17.2.4, Personal Life Support Capsules gave 6 s, not 7 s according to the 17.2.4 patch notes. Is it really more than it was before 17.2.4 now or is there an error in the notes?

With the drop chance being returned to "normal", that would make survival easier than it was before the changes of 17.2.4.

You did read the part where in groups LS modules where worth 2x, (so 12s), for everyone but the host previously?

It's actually a pretty harsh nerf for group playin full groups but makes solo a lot easier by comparison.

Please fix the Quanta Vandal.

Like myself and others posted in the previous update forum, players cannot explode their own cubes by shooting them.

I am using shred, i do not know if that matters to find the bug, but PLEASE fix. Quanta is one of my favorite weapons, I use it all the time, and its basically unusable currently.

Again, I can alt fire my cubes, the primary fire the beam at them, and nothing happens. The cubes only explode on contact or after time passed.

Please fix this bug!