Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.2.5

[DE]Rebecca

I appreciate the intentions for trying to make survival, my favorite game mode more exciting, but I don't think tweaking LS percentages and such will eliminate camping or make it more frantic. I think survival needs a rework. Lots of people have made excellent suggestions, ones that sound really fun.

You did read the part where in groups LS modules where worth 2x, (so 12s), for everyone but the host previously?

It's actually a pretty harsh nerf for group playin full groups but makes solo a lot easier by comparison.

Yes, I read that, but obviously it was made easier than it was intended to be pre-17.2.4. It also states that this only sometimes happened.

Thank you. I don't think the survival changes were so horrible, and I'm sorry about some of the community's reactions. There's a lot of people who don't think before they speak (Myself included at times,) and changing one of the most played gamemodes, even with good intention and good results, will still garner a lot of unwarranted hate.

I'm ready to give those survival changes another go, if we can flatten those wrinkles out.

And thank you for all the other fixes. I'm really happy about some of them. The Waypointing especially.

Keep up the awesome work. And take a break every once in a while ^.^

•  
  • General Note: Restored the Personal Life Support Capsule drop chances to pre Update 17.2.4 values. What this means in the short term is that the stakes and pressure are back to being very low (for now). With the 17.2.5 version of Survival, it is likely that having a full row of unused Life Support Towers will be easy to achieve, especially in a group setting. However, work is ongoing to strike a balance in what the right amount of urgency in Life Support is.

This is a wonderful change, DE. Please keep it like this forever.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Though I would mention a new small graphics thing before IT gets gran kids too.

8LbWlHN.jpg

The sigil you guys just released has two parts to it, the arsenal and shop show 3.

Hur7UYm.jpg

]\'[

Have you checked how YOUR Mastery Rank sigil looks? If you go to your own profile in-game.

DE should experiment with NO PLS. 

Instead of stacking up life support capsules, players have 30 seconds ~ 1 minute to reach the next LS drop and activate it. 

Sadly perma-invisibility (or CCing and not killing low level enemies) would make for eternal runs. I'd prefer removing all LS and PLS drops and assigning a "+X seconds" to each kill.

They could even design a specific tile for survival (so that players don't get safe spots) to make it hectic like the survival event back in the day.

• Fixed not being able to do a number of actions while sprinting (Waypoints, Hotkeys). If you encounter more issues with certain key actions not working in certain states, please let us know.

Still unable to fire the Tigris' second shot while sprinting.

This thread is not the place for "Still no fix for..." posts.

And why not? 

Since they always used to say on update/hotfix notes:

"If your post in a Hotfix/Update thread includes 'Still no fix for...."

1) Include a link to a relevant bug report/screenshot that has details on reproducibility and the nature of the issue.
Without these details it is increasingly difficult to troubleshoot the specifics involved in resolving a bug."

Survival Changes & Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where Personal Life Support Capsules would give 2x the intended amount when picked up by Clients in certain scenarios. This bug has existed since Survival was introduced, and is a huge contributor in why Solo missions are so much harder in Survival (no Clients to get 2x the Life Support).
  • Changed the amount of seconds each Personal Life Support Capsule gives from 4 seconds to 7 seconds (please note that the unit here is seconds, not percent).
  • General Note: Restored the Personal Life Support Capsule drop chances to pre Update 17.2.4 values. What this means in the short term is that the stakes and pressure are back to being very low (for now). With the 17.2.5 version of Survival, it is likely that having a full row of unused Life Support Towers will be easy to achieve, especially in a group setting. However, work is ongoing to strike a balance in what the right amount of urgency in Life Support is.

Want o make survival harder and more entertaining? release t5, enemies starting level 40~60.

I play as a space ninja sorcerer demigod. If I wanted to be always afraid of running out of air, I would be playing another games, like legit.

Thanks for the buffs on the "tweaks".