The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hidden Messages Feedback (Spoilers Below)

BlackCoMerc

I like the idea of quests for Warframes that guarantee the frame at the end. I do. Its something we need more, guaranteed rewards and quests or mission types leading to them. 

Unfortunately, the Mirage quest is...badly done. 

Throughout the quest Lotus talks of a "Hidden" or "Lost" warframe. As if the Mirage frame is something...mysterious. Something from a bygone era or a past long dead. 

So you go on three lackluster missions against the worst enemy type in the game (Infested) to claim the parts. You dont do anything different on these missions. Just kill enemies, survive and destroy a hive. The obtaining of the frame happens in the background, and is handled "off stage" by the Lotus. Does nothing to make the player feel like this is a quest to find this Warframe specifically. This just feels like another mission, where the reward happens to be a Warframe.

And then...it ends. Abruptly. After you find the Chassis, the quest is over. Except...you dont have the Warframe Blueprint itself. So...how do you get the BP for this long lost Warframe?

You buy from the friggin market. For more credits than the entire question chain awards.

Because of course you do. 

DE tried on this one. They did. But they came up one mission shy of finishing the quest and never bothered to do so. This quest needs one more mission. And it needs to take place, in the Void. And it needs to guarantee you TWO things: The Frame BP, AND the Argon Crystal needed to craft the frame. Had I not had that one remaining crystal, after all the other recent changes, that might really have been the final straw for me. Honest.

Please fix this quest, DE. Its a neat idea, but literally no one really enjoys fighting high level Infested. Too many knockdowns, too many screen effects (honestly, it hurts the eyes, it really does) and other games do "horde mode" far better than this one. Not to mention, you need to add that last mission, cause this ending is...it bespeaks a lack of polish and quality and just seems like you didnt care enough to give this the time and effort it deserved.

Please fix this quest, DE. Its a neat idea, but literally no one really enjoys fighting high level Infested. Too many knockdowns, too many screen effects (honestly, it hurts the eyes, it really does) and other games do "horde mode" far better than this one. 

well to be fair, this quest was made before all those annoying new infested

I can see the quest being outdated. it does need atleast some polish if not more lore

Its the very first quest they've ever made, I'd cut them some slack since they just got better and better afterwards

Whats there is good. I should have played that up more. Its bare bones but good. And the concept - a guaranteed frame for doing a quest - is one I love! I just wish they would revisit and finish this. Wouldnt take much - just one mission, or maybe two if they wanted to do the Argon Crystal separate. 

But yeah, its darn nice, knowing you will get a frame in exchange for a quest. Very fun, even if I would prefer a different enemy type.