Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Drop Concept: Incentive over a "different kind of cash reward".

Ced23Ric

Oh hai.

First of all, I welcome the changes to the mod drop system (once the kinks are ironed out). In theory, higher level missions drop higher level mods. So far so good. But, please, don't give me rank 1 mods when I don't have the corresponding gear equipped. It's just a cash drop, then, with no incentive to even get that item. And if I already have that item, it is nothing but frustrating.

"Cool, I am here with my rifle, and I have a rank 20 shotty at home. So this shotty mod I just picked up is pointless. It's rank 1 or 2, so useless for my shotty, and it doesn't fit my rifle. Guess I just sell it for 600 Credits, and that's it."

"Nice, a Trinity mod. Too bad it's rank 1 or 2, and I have a Trinity at 25 at home, but I am on Rhino now. I'll just sell it."

It could be so much better, so much more teasing instead of just another credit drop.

"Sweet, I found a rank 15 Ember mod - maybe I should go and get me an Ember to install that mod."

"Mhmm, this rank 10 pistol mod could come in handy for the rank 8 Bronco I have at home. Too weak for my rank 20 Aklatos, but it gives me a reason to run the Bronco again."

Please consider this for future changes to the mod drops.

High levels drop high mods - regardless of equipped gear. Because right now, they are trash drops that I'll just sell - not because I need the cash, but because they clutter up my inventory and are useless.

Thankies.

Good suggestion overall, it's rather true and sad, most of the mods that drop end up being selected and thrown down into the market for a few extra credits, needed or not, so having tweaks into the drop system would be very good, not everyone will keep up filled pages with mods they will end up using months away. Also would be an ideea to separate materials from mods insted of cluttering them all together.

Yes, changes are almost there for this. Intent is: Mod level is based on killed enemy level based instead of your gear. Including gear you don't have or don't have equipped.

The existing mod drop system pre-dates enemies having level at all. The next update should set this on a better path.

Yes, changes are almost there for this. Intent is: Mod level is based on killed enemy level based instead of your gear. Including gear you don't have or don't have equipped.

Nice.

When I'm in Canada next month, I'll come over and bring some of my Red Seal certified Canadian buddies, and we cook for you guys. Interested? Shoot me a PM. ;)

The existing mod drop system pre-dates enemies having level at all. The next update should set this on a better path.

This is gonna be a great change, with one tiny downside: now you have to run low level content to farm some low and mid level mods for your new warframes or weapons (assuming you've been blindly vendoring them, keeping not even the ones with good stats possible future use). Oh wait, people already do that for high level mods. So this means... all level content will be get to be played!?!? INCONCEIVABLE!.