Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De. The Simple Statistical Reason As To Why Im Never Going To Buy Void Keys

Aerensiniac

this is my tally of parts/blueprints

Latron prime BP 8

Latron prime barrel 2

Latron prime stock 16

Latron prime receiver 0 <- DE © decreased chance of dropping

Reaper prime BP 5

Reaper prime handle 11

Reaper prime blade 0 <- DE © decreased chance of dropping

Frost prime BP 0 <- DE © decreased chance of dropping

Frost prime helm 4

Frost prime systems 2

Frost prime chassis 3

Forma BP 1 <- DE © decreased chance of dropping

EDIT NEW TOTAL: 51 void runs

Believe I'm right at 72-75 runs (counting disconnects and other mishaps beyond my control) and I'm at:

Forma - 3 <- DE © decreased chance of dropping

Latron Prime

Blueprint - 16

Barrel - 6

Stock - 21

Receiver - 0 <- DE © decreased chance of dropping

Reaper Prime

Blueprint - 3 (1 lost before patch)

Handle - 14

Blade - 2 <- DE © decreased chance of dropping

Frost Prime  <- DE © decreased chance of dropping

Helmet - 1

Chassis - 3

Systems- 2

Its not enough that people choose to support you by buying your keys, but in addition you have to screw them over completely by giving them a rigged lottery.

No its not enough that the drops are RNG based, making the entire thing a farm fest YET AGAIN, as if there was not enough farming in this game. HELL NO.

We also should decrease the drop chance of ONE of the parts required to build the items, so our customers will be forced to spend EVEN MORE money.

EDIT:

Essentially, the entire fiasco can be brought down to,

- access to new content may be farmed or purchased

- no guarantee of rewards, only access

- farming is impractical

- purchasing is illogical, since it provides only access and players still have to farm

- screws both f2p and p2p models

Thanks to Artaban for the summation, and its really that simple:

1. Purchasing access is completely illogical because it basically offers nothing in return (you can have 100 pieces of items and still not be able to do anything with them as long as the "rigged" rare parts wont drop)

2. No guarantee of any reward, thus essentially spending money and/or time on "nothing"

3. Screwing both F2P and P2P models: F2P players will reject the notion of farming keys multiplied by farming rare parts while P2P players will reject the notion of spending 100$ on literally nothing.

4. "Farming" yet again: Warframe offers nothing content wise than farming for the sake of farming. The biggest disappointment of not only the void missions but the entire of U8 was that this very issue was left unresolved. All you do in warframe is farming for frames to then use those frames to farm for more frames, and instead of adding something tangible they add a farm fest multiplied by an another farm fest with a 75 platinum pay-wall between. Its just mind blowing.

Content wise:

8 items which are completely useless without the corresponding 3 rare drops. Thats all there is to void missions.

You will be having 20-30 of the mentioned 8 items and all they are good for is angering you each time you open your inventory.

There are not even secondary benefits for going to the void.

Difficulty is laughable (even tho steve said this will be end game content), mod drops are the same 60% ability mods, 39.9% useless common/uncommon, resources nonexistent, money average... whats the point?

If i buy a color palette for 75 platinum, then i literally get more out of my plat.

It would be time to part with the idea that RNG is good for this game and at the same time rethink your attitude towards farming.

Im saying this because right now, these 2 things are the 2 main problems that are killing your game. No content, no challenge, no nothing, just the endless rice fields with an RNG based harvest.

All fun and games till you experience how it is to farm rice as a cross between Rambo and a Ninja, but once thats done, then you are done with everything inclusive the entire content the game has to offer.

Edited by Aerensiniac

7x Forma BP

1x Frost Prime Blueprint

3x Frost Prime Systems

3x Frost Prime Helmet

3x Frost Prime Chasssis

19x Latron Prime Blueprint

17x Latron Prime Barrel

17x Latron Prime Stock

9x Reaper Prime Blueprint (twice bugged)

11x Reaper Handle

----------------------------------------

90 runs  no  Latron Prime Receiver, no Reaper Blade...

I gave up, I've wasted probably fifteen keys. I'm not wasting any more until they fix what is obviously rigged.

The market prices are also insane and they show no sign of changing them.

Although buying keys are tempting but because of how the keys are dropped (Been farming all 2 days didn't drop any for me). I remembered how the team said that you'd be able to work to craft the reaper and latron prime and frost prime after they announced the MOA extermination rewards.

I did not remember them saying paying 200+ to get make the RNG god smile on you. Therefore I did not buy any keys in disfavor of this.

And please, those who wish to say "I FARMED 10 KEYS TODAY, IT'S JUST RNG" of course I know, I looted a thunderbolt.

I gave up, I've wasted probably fifteen keys. I'm not wasting any more until they fix what is obviously rigged.

Same thing.

I would have bought keys if it was simple RNG loot table (even tho im far from happy about the additional farm fest), but after i saw these posts, it became obvious that i wouldnt get S#&$ even if i bought 100 keys.

This is obvious scam. Nothing less and nothing more:

7x Forma BP <- DE ™ © decreased chance of dropping

1x Frost Prime Blueprint <- DE ™ © decreased chance of dropping

3x Frost Prime Systems

3x Frost Prime Helmet

3x Frost Prime Chasssis

19x Latron Prime Blueprint

17x Latron Prime Barrel

17x Latron Prime Stock

9x Reaper Prime Blueprint (twice bugged)

11x Reaper Handle

----------------------------------------

90 runs no  Latron Prime Receiver, no Reaper Blade... <- DE ™ © decreased chance of dropping

Unless you are extremely lucky, you will spending 100+ keys (packs of 5 each costing 75 =) 1500 platinum.

For that amount of plat, you can buy more than half of the existing frames and/or the Stalker pack almost twice.

Even as a general idea, this was an epic move from Digital Extremes. IF by epic you mean attempt at making people leave and killing your game.

Edited by Aerensiniac

if they smart hey fix this

If they would be smart, they wouldnt even have implemented this in the first place...

Ridiculous. Just 4-6 patches ago, before 7.7 this place was the most forgiving f2p game on the entire market with clean values that were game centric. Everything was there for the game's and the player's sake, and ppl felt inclined to support the devs with founder packs and whatever.

Now, 8.0 was introduced and its like EA has bought the entire project and started to redesign it.

- Mod drop chances out of this universe

- Rigged scam lottery void missions

- Base construction which is possible only if you are in a 100 member + clan due to the sheer amount of resources used

- Farm hard © nerfing on rare resources

- Lowered chance of drop on certain BP parts

- The entire game shifting from being "game" oriented to being "profit" oriented with underhanded, rigged, scamming modifications to everything

Edited by Aerensiniac

Although buying keys are tempting but because of how the keys are dropped (Been farming all 2 days didn't drop any for me). I remembered how the team said that you'd be able to work to craft the reaper and latron prime and frost prime after they announced the MOA extermination rewards.

I did not remember them saying paying 200+ to get make the RNG god smile on you. Therefore I did not buy any keys in disfavor of this.

And please, those who wish to say "I FARMED 10 KEYS TODAY, IT'S JUST RNG" of course I know, I looted a thunderbolt.

Anyone that says that has been playing way too much :|

Edited by Aggh

Anyone that says that has been playing way too much :|

Once I set my eyes on something, I won't relent.

Sadly I now have my eyes set on stalker, since the drop rates as shown by OP are screwed anyway.

Hopefully they fix this soon, it's been giving everyone strange ideas that the rates are as intended.. or is it really?

if they smart hey fix this

I'm glad someone can say what they mean and then stop. One of the best posts I've read today, I'm sad to say.

And yeah. They went too far in the direction of carrot dangling with this. They need change their approach altogether.

Edited by happyfunba11

Wow...Ever since the U8 patch, the game has been going downhill immediately.

This needs so much attention. I've lost alot of respect for DE after reading this. Even before this, DE's respect was teetering on the chopping block. Another thing I noticed that didn't make sense is they IMMEDIANTLY fixed the exploit for forma through account resets. Because it was obviously a huge selling point to them where they would lose money, but ONLY in the aspect that they were used in the creation of dojos. Otherwise that exploit was pointless. So it really made me realize, the forma thing tied into dojos really was meant to be something they targeted people to pay for with cash. Even though i saw them and their white knights say "No, the main way to get forma is supposed to be from running void missions through rare drops." Just, why?

Theres so many more honest ways to earn your money than by evasively planning a system that makes people pay money out of frustration, not enjoyment. Example: Theres not a single thread complaining about sentinel customization options being purely platinum only. Yet i've seen plenty of people who have bought and used them. Because cosmetic customization is not a core gameplay element that effects progression in the game. But its a bonus worth paying for thats FUN if you want to give your equipment some flair.

But instead it seems like dojos and void keys are nothing more than a bottleneck in the game that comes to a screeching halt into a turnpike to get to the other side. And to make things worse, the other side is also a scam? Its a scam because you're denying people what they paid for with a bait and switch. The bait being the new content, the switch being a rigged reward system. Theres no excuse. No reason to do this. And its insulting to think you would purposely make a silent system designed to make people keep paying money for something they should have gotten. I mean seriously, thats like using weighted dice in a game of craps. Its just dishonest and purposely misleading.

These people who are supporting your project deserve an apology for their time and money wasted.

Well, considering they updated on Thursday, had one day to patch, and then the weekend came, i imagine they opted to make the game as stable and playable as possible, but didn't manage to get everything.

They did however fix a lot of other things during those hot fixes. So I imagine there's a lot more adjustments to come, like we've seen numerous times before. 

Just thought I'd throw that out there before this became a hardcore witch hunt/conspiracy rant-a-thon.

Well, considering they updated on Thursday, had one day to patch, and then the weekend came, i imagine they opted to make the game as stable and playable as possible, but didn't manage to get everything.

They did however fix a lot of other things during those hot fixes. So I imagine there's a lot more adjustments to come, like we've seen numerous times before. 

Just thought I'd throw that out there before this became a hardcore witch hunt/conspiracy rant-a-thon.

You know, Alpha and beta stages are expected to have bugs and problems, theres nothing wrong with that, in fact if you're probably not doing it right if you're not making mistakes. Thats ok with me. Until you decide that you want to put a price tag on these untested things. If its still in the stages where you can cover your own &amp;#&#33; by saying "Its my bad, its not finished yet." Then its sure as hell not good enough for you to be charging people for a finished product. Especially when you're charging people to test something for you. And then having absolutely no courtesy about it. I really feel there is no excuse for this.

My point is, there's a good possibility that drops rates are broken, which has happened before.

You don't HAVE to buy void keys or forma, but you can.

It hasn't even been a week yet and people are blowing up like idiots. Shows how volatile and impatient this community already is.

Really when I think about it the new Orokin locations should have been alert missions. Not pay to enter/pray the RNG Gods smile upon you. People have been complaining for ages that alert missions are basically no different from standard missions besides rewards and they had a chance to rectify that, instead they decided lining their own pockets was the better option.

They also need to make it so people can't get mats they already own or at least make it very unlikely.

Steve, you said you wanted Warframe to not be about farming and grinding, when the game has only gotten even more grindy with U8.

My point is, there's a good possibility that drops rates are broken, which has happened before.

You don't HAVE to buy void keys or forma, but you can.

It hasn't even been a week yet and people are blowing up like idiots. Shows how volatile and impatient this community already is.

Thats like saying "you dont HAVE to drive a car, but you can walk!"  As for being impatient, they pushed U8 back by a week to work it out more. U8 was worked on for a very long time. I wanted them to take their time on it as long as it came out decent. So my impression is everything came out just how they wanted it to. But the only way they'll understand that its still not working with us is because of the obvious things posted right now in the forums.

I agree completely these void runs are total waste of time and money it'd be same off just giving us chests to open with keys, the orokin ereas don't drop any resources to speak off -.- so yeah happy reaper handles guys! you can't even sell them or do anything with that garbage.