Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To All The Dismemberment!?!

vSabre

I remember when I first started playing Warframe in April and I LOVED the gore (not a sicko or anything lol was just realistic). Chopping enemies in half left and right to seeing parts flying everywhere; not a single melee kill was void of dismemberment.

Fast forwards a bit (noticed this before but didn't post about it). Not exactly sure when it started (a bit after the time when they added cutting in half vertically?), but seems they nerfed the dismemberment chances to the ground (I'm NOT using element/AP mods) and...well, I miss it. Charging into mobs and cleaving them into gory goodness just filled me with huge amounts of satisfaction (again not a sicko lol).

I hope that this was an oversight because it's VERY underwhelming as it is now when enemies just fall over like they were hit with a bat. If anyone from DE is reading, PLEASE FIX ASAP!!!

Im with you op but i think theres alot of younglings playing warframe who get scared by the gore, although recently i think theyve increased the gore slightly again because whenever i kill people with my rhino abilities they get literally obliterated as in only a few piesces of leg meat remain

Im with you op but i think theres alot of younglings playing warframe who get scared by the gore, although recently i think theyve increased the gore slightly again because whenever i kill people with my rhino abilities they get literally obliterated as in only a few piesces of leg meat remain

Well, they needa grow up some time lol. When I was younger I used to watch Evil Dead with my bro and dad didn't effect me in the slightest growing up.

Haven't used rhino in awhile but I did notice that when I used him.

In a weird way I feel this is one of the most relevant threads since U8 came out.

Lol, there's plenty of *@##$ing about update 8 need to mix it up a bit and this has been nagging on me for awhile now.

I'm not sure if this affects every weapon, as I didn't get around to testing it with anything else than a glaive. But since Update 8, the dismemberment/gore effects seems to be bugged if you aren't hosting.

When I host / play solo, my glaive attacks slice and dice stuff apart just as they did prior to the update. But when I join someone elses game, all the dismemberment/gore effects are bugged and don't happen at all.

I'm not sure if this affects every weapon, as I didn't get around to testing it with anything else than a glaive. But since Update 8, the dismemberment/gore effects seems to be bugged if you aren't hosting.

When I host / play solo, my glaive attacks slice and dice stuff apart just as they did prior to the update. But when I join someone elses game, all the dismemberment/gore effects are bugged and don't happen at all.

Hmm.

Been using the Ceramic Dagger which is almost 30 now. Ranking it felt like forever ugh and it sucks balls, but they might as well re-skin it to a baseball bat :/. I'll try out different kinds/types see if that effects it like u said (fingers crossed).

Gore effect should be an option if they're gonna take it out completely, why not let people who want gore just turn it on in the options, and people who don't can just turn it off.

Toggling dismemberment might be hard for them to do? Probably would be easier to toggle the blood.

Gore effect should be an option if they're gonna take it out completely, why not let people who want gore just turn it on in the options, and people who don't can just turn it off.

Body parts will render bullets from going through to other enemies. So how are they supposed to toggle that?

Or you know... Gore control settings

It does seem to be more of a client bug. When hosting or solo/private, I can still decapitate with the Glaive, slice enemies in half, Rhino Charge victims into an explosion of red mist and flying limbs, etc.

I still get dismemberment

heck, i can punch gaping holes through the grineer and split them in two with a single charged punch

Does the game need to tweak just because of younglings started to play? Look at the percentage of the players here. And besides, I'd say fail parenting if younglings who gets scared by gore are allowed to play.

I think by now with the internet being popular among the youth of today, I think kids can handle a little gore

Dismemberment is still in.

Didn't say it was gone.

It does seem to be more of a client bug. When hosting or solo/private, I can still decapitate with the Glaive, slice enemies in half, Rhino Charge victims into an explosion of red mist and flying limbs, etc.

You could be on to something there might be part of the problem.

I still get dismemberment

heck, i can punch gaping holes through the grineer and split them in two with a single charged punch

So do I, but not as often as before.

I think by now with the internet being popular among the youth of today, I think kids can handle a little gore

Agreed.

It isnt the kids that get scared by the Gore, it is the parents and if parents aren't opening up their pocket books for the kids, Warframe isn't making any money.

Honestly, I am starting to get tired of the greed factor that seems tobe driving games today.  I mean what happen to making a quality game that appealed to a niche market.  Instead, now that take a great concept then start neutering it left and right until they come up with a game that PC for everyone but appeals to no one.

Edited by Belpharon

Have noticed a severe reduction in the dismemberment and gore. Which is a crying shame. That really made the game that much more satisfying to play.

It was a real thrill to lob a Glaive and watch it tear the bad guys to peices. Watching at a distance as an ally dispatches their enemies limb from limb. It really gave a badass feel to the game.

No, the Glaive just bounces off of enemies like a frizbee. Albiet a frizbee of death. Very noticable when not hosting. As stated previously.

I hope this is a bug and not a feature :)

Please can we have this gore and dismemberment fixed? :D

Edited by Erilith