Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier Vs The World

Everybody loves carrier

He is the most used companion, overtaking an entire species and every other member of his on kind.  We have been talking, for a while, about bringing vacuum to every sentinel. The standard response is "What will make carrier special!" I propose something that can replace vacuum, and keep carrier extremely useful.

Carrying.  The idea is that if carrier picks up an item that the character can't pick up(full health/shields or riftmode) carrier will hold on the the item in his tubby little body until the player can recieve the item.  each rank of the precept will offer different storage capacities.

Rank 1:

Energy Storage- 100(4 balls)

Health Storage- 125(5 balls)

Mods Held - 4 (he will not suck up mods if he reaches 4, this is to annoy limbo)

Ammo Held- 4 pickups of each type (simultaneously)

Rank 2:

Energy storage- 175(7 Balls)

Health Storage-200(8 balls)

Mods Held-6

Ammo Held- 8 of each type

Rank 3(MAX)

Energy Storage- 250 (10 balls)

Health Storage- 300 (12 balls)

Mods Held-10

Ammo Held- 12 pickups of each type

is this a suitable replacement if we were to give all sentinel's vacuum. this seems to me like an equally fitting ability to give carrier if all sentinel's were given the best in game ability. what you youse guyses thinks?

EDIT: added ammo held category.  Also Mods held is specifically for limbo and players in the rift.

Edited by RoboticApplesWithLasers

yeah, kubrows are always better, but i'd personally love a free 250 energy when ever i get nuked by a door.

Well... I meant Shade and Wyrm...

isn't that the point? so players choose other sentinels? 

But then, Carrier will be left in a corner. I think this is good, but not THAT good. 

But then, Carrier will be left in a corner. I think this is good, but not THAT good. 

Not really, I'd still prefer the Carrier, especially in solo missions, Carrier would carry an extra pool of health and energy, also I suggest he carries ammo instead of mods. 

This sentinel would be a major help in the long run 

Edited by (XB1)LexaHex488

Not really, I'd still prefer the Carrier, especially in solo missions, Carrier would carry an extra pool of health and energy, also I suggest he carries ammo instead of mods. 

This sentinel would be a major help in the long run 

Yes. Ammo would definitely help. Hate running across the map to scavenge ammos too. 

I think DE actually released stats showing that Carrier's use is on par with every other companions but that doesn't account for the fact that carrier hasn't been around since the very beginning. Carrier's utility makes looting pretty hands-free which is great for endless mission types or missions where it's easy to miss loot.

Carrier is definitely my favorite sentinel for passive use (does not attack).

Yeaa sounds good but proablly not. I remember a carrier bug that my wife ran into way back that did exactly what you are suggestion only it held everything lol.

Couldn't even see her warframe after a bit and aiming became quite difficult due to items covering her crosshairs.

Holding a max of 22 orbs might have similar effects, not sure if lag might be an issue with that. Imagine 4 players close to each other with that. What a cluttered mess. 88 orbs yikes. I would not want to be near that, couldn't see pass the orbs to aim.

I don't get the mod holding stat at all. We

always auto collect those straight to us.

I think DE actually released stats showing that Carrier's use is on par with every other companions but that doesn't account for the fact that carrier hasn't been around since the very beginning. Carrier's utility makes looting pretty hands-free which is great for endless mission types or missions where it's easy to miss loot.

Carrier is definitely my favorite sentinel for passive use (does not attack).

Where and when? I personally have more than 123 million exp on carrier and it is my most used companion. I've moved on though. To Carrier Prime. XD

I use wyrm Prime..No weapon just a radial stun...Carrier is helpful if u dont want to go get the orbs/mods etc....people are lazy...before there was a carrier there was absolutely no problems with getting your own mods/energy/health...I think the CARRY suggestion is actually a really good one. Vacuum it up use what you need and then HOLD all excess until necessary (health/energy) everything else go right ahead...and if you are full you have a portable back up on hand

Everybody loves carrier

He is the most used companion, overtaking an entire species and every other member of his on kind.  We have been talking, for a while, about bringing vacuum to every sentinel. The standard response is "What will make carrier special!" I propose something that can replace vacuum, and keep carrier extremely useful.

Carrying.  The idea is that if carrier picks up an item that the character can't pick up(full health/shields or riftmode) carrier will hold on the the item in his tubby little body until the player can recieve the item.  each rank of the precept will offer different storage capacities.

Rank 1:

Energy Storage- 100(4 balls)

Health Storage- 125(5 balls)

Mods Held - 4 (he will not suck up mods if he reaches 4, this is to annoy limbo)

Rank 2:

Energy storage- 175(7 Balls)

Health Storage-200(8 balls)

Mods Held-6

Rank 3(MAX)

Energy Storage- 250 (10 balls)

Health Storage- 300 (12 balls)

Mods Held-10

is this a suitable replacement if we were to give all sentinel's vacuum. this seems to me like an equally fitting ability to give carrier if all sentinel's were given the best in game ability. what you youse guyses thinks?

You should change "Mods Held" to "Ammo Held". Innate Vacuum should be a part of all Sentinels and Kubrows.

Mods held is pointless, make it hold ammo instead as a bunch of others said. About the innate vacuum for other sentinels (and kubrows too?) is a nice idea, but make it so that it's slightly inferior to Carrier's own. Let's say the range for it is 15m (I'm unsure how big, but it's rather huge from what I noticed), but every other sentinel has only half of it? So they still suck up stuff nicely, but Carrier will have a passive range bonus for the innate vacuum while having these new abilities. The chesa could be also similar?

Why do I imagine that they could have changed the Vacuum where instead of it being double the range, it could suck up enemy projectiles (the bigger slower ones) and fire them back at foes in a barrage of shots? Imagine Void Bombards shooting 20 rockets only to get them sucked in and sent after fellow mobs all because Carrier was on the scene? It would make for nice anti projectile for defending both stationary and moving targets.

Or even better, make Carrier into a mini Carrier for said type of missiles? Lower levels fire the slower Bombard shots while higher ones shoot the Void variant without the friendly fire splash damage. The downside would be that it would take a bit of time for start up but once it got going it would fire as fast as a Void Bombard can fire.

Everybody loves carrier.

Nope  :p

I've always hated Carrier specifically due to the Vacuum Precept.

Anyways my pointless and unimportant opinion aside I support this idea.  Seems relevant enough as to not invalidate what Carrier is as a Sentinel whilst also allowing folks who are reliant on the Vacuum precept to experience/mess with other Sentinels.  Though one small Caveat is that I'd also want this to become a thing as new and also precepts are added, thusly making folks make a choice as to what to slot on a Sentinel instead of easily slotting everything they need.