Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reason To Use Silva And Aegis

seeke12789

Be honest do you use the Silva and Aegis because its viable with proper mods for late game, or because it looks freaking awesome. Basically stats or design?

Stats: because it´s firebased and is great for my Ember

Looks: I think it looks great but not awesome.

If you are set on using it, try and get hold of Final Harbinger first. It is dropped exclusively by Drekar Manics, which are encountered in the U17 Tyl Regor boss fight.

Yes, I know it's pretty rare at this point, but it isn't excessively so. Eleventh Storm isn't really that good, and since the Silva and Aegis are reasonably weak, they need every advantage they can get.

Also, the biggest strength of the Silva and Aegis is the 20% base status chance, and the pure heat damage. Try and get hold of some of the elemental+status melee mods for them.

Edited by Kthal

I use silva as my main meelee weapon.Try put 4 element event mods in to it make it blast and corrosive.Blast will proc often and so do chane to do finisher. Yup I like to watch my warframe does finisher animation on corrupt bombard.

Stats: because it´s firebased and is great for my Ember

Looks: I think it looks great but not awesome.

Due to how base damage works, there are weapons that provide higher heat damage when modded only for heat than Silva and Aegis. So they get their extremely high base damage and more heat damage. Statwise, it is just not worth it to use on ember.

Now if you are not min/maxing, and you are having fun, sure, they work well enough together.  

Looks.  If I'm bringing in for it's heat damage, I'm either dressed up as Ember or simply running random star chart missions/syndicate missions for giggles.  It works wonderfully on enemies even into the level 35-40 range.  It just tapers off very quickly in endless modes.  Like most "bad" weapons.

Edited by Littleman88