Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Women cheaper?

Malkav

Imo its because males are going to play this game more often than females (on average) therefore the male will more likely earn more money. Because the male player is more likely to want to play a male character and since said male player has more money, the male character would cost more.

when you look at it like this one could say that Due to the fact that females spend less time playing the game, but have to earn more for their female frames it would take them the same amount of time as a male player to get said frame because he spends more time playing but has to pay more.

<.< females probably don't get to play as often as males because they are doing female things.. such as cooking, make-up, having children male/females, and thinking of ways to nag the males for playing video games all day. (sarcasm)

Edited by Mimir

Why isn't there a ambiguous gendered frame? I am deeply offended

*cough*cough*wheeze*hack* Tenno do go transgender when they equip a different frame.

Because the male player is more likely to want to play a male character

You don't know that internet gamer crowd well, do you? And anyway, frames are mechanically different, so it's not primarily a choice of player model, but of gaming style.

Usually when devs lock classes to one gender it is done to give characters certain personalities (e.g. TF2). Seeing how all the Tenno, being mute and faceless, have inherent personality of a brick, there is really no reason to go lol boob armor babe way.

Edited by electricsheep

Imo its because males are going to play this game more often than females (on average) therefore the male will more likely earn more money. Because the male player is more likely to want to play a male character and since said male player has more money, the male character would cost more.

when you look at it like this one could say that Due to the fact that females spend less time playing the game, but have to earn more for their female frames it would take them the same amount of time as a male player to get said frame because he spends more time playing but has to pay more.

<.< females probably don't get to play as often as males because they are doing female things.. such as cooking, make-up, having children male/females, and thinking of ways to nag the males for playing video games all day. (sarcasm)

this is so wrong on many levels.

Edited by Bakuano

And yet, guys play more and make more money (or so every rabid feminist screams), so they should pay more, right?

dude why are you going on some gender rant about something so simple? the guy i quoted was using some of the most cliched stereotypes about men, and also being heavily sexist. Honestly you're kinda catapulting a simple thread into a major argument.

its not hard to see that in a game, where you can't start out as a female, the female frames are cheaper. Boom. bam.. Whamma.

Not to mention theres nothing stopping males from getting it either. so all of you get your panties down a notch and please go play >_>

Requesting lock if possible. this thread is done.

Edited by Bakuano

dude why are you going on some gender rant about something so simple? the guy i quoted was using some of the most cliched stereotypes about men, and also being heavily sexist. Honestly you're kinda catapulting a simple thread into a major argument.

its not hard to see that in a game, where you can't start out as a female, the female frames are cheaper. Boom. bam.. Whamma.

Not to mention theres nothing stopping males from getting it either. so all of you get your panties down a notch and please go play >_>

Requesting lock if possible. this thread is done.

Not sure how asking a simple question is going on a rant, when you go in several paragraphs calling people "sexist" and telling them "get your panties down a notch". I guess you're telling female gamers who are on this forum to undress or something to play Warframe? The hell is wrong with you, that's sexist as anything.

Not sure how asking a simple question is going on a rant, when you go in several paragraphs calling people "sexist" and telling them "get your panties down a notch". I guess you're telling female gamers who are on this forum to undress or something to play Warframe? The hell is wrong with you, that's sexist as anything.

Lol.

We currently have 5 males, 3 females, and one Volt. I don't see what you find lacking on the roster.

Volt, sounds like goat, IT MUST BE GOAT BOY!...not to mention those goat legs and the oversized genitals. I hope this ain't the first and last Bill Hicks reference on this forum

Why isn't there a ambiguous gendered frame? I am deeply offended

This is a little late but that was the old Ember, the devs/mods were even confused about the sex, just search.

I miss the old fleming rooster Ember now I'm stuck with a emo chicken. :(

Edited by Red404

Maybe the devs are trying to encourage people to try the female frames? I don't see many of them at all.

Also I'd kind of like to see one of the starters be female. Maybe move Loki to second tier, and make Ember a starter? Then we'd have Excalibur as melee, Volt as range/utility, and Ember as DoT/AoE. A good range for beginners.

Maybe the devs are trying to encourage people to try the female frames? I don't see many of them at all.

Also I'd kind of like to see one of the starters be female. Maybe move Loki to second tier, and make Ember a starter? Then we'd have Excalibur as melee, Volt as range/utility, and Ember as DoT/AoE. A good range for beginners.

so the best frames in the game .... for begginers?

somehow i thought playing the game and getting something better is for people who actaully put in some effort into it.

they just need to make a whole new frame that is or genderless or comes in 2 genders that has 3 widly varied abilities for exmaple

skill 1 , does a long range cast ability , skill 2 does an aoe pulse , skill 3 some kind of utility like super slide that lets you cut ancles, no 4th ultimate ability.

this way people get a frame that is actaully for begginers featuring different styles of play. that way once they get to the point that they can afford to build a new frame they can choose one that specilizes in what ever they like.

Edited by TisEric

so the best frames in the game .... for begginers?

somehow i thought playing the game and getting something better is for people who actaully put in some effort into it.

they just need to make a whole new frame that is or genderless or comes in 2 genders that has 3 widly varied abilities for exmaple

skill 1 , does a long range cast ability , skill 2 does an aoe pulse , skill 3 some kind of utility like super slide that lets you cut ancles, no 4th ultimate ability.

this way people get a frame that is actaully for begginers featuring different styles of play. that way once they get to the point that they can afford to build a new frame they can choose one that specilizes in what ever they like.

Ember's good? I thought Loki was widely considered one of the best, if not the best. I must be using her wrong.

I'd rather most of the frames be pretty generalistic, yeah. Especially the bottom tier stuff you get for free. Volt is sort of like that. Direct damage and two utility skills. Excaliber is sort of the same, though slash dash is way overpowered for a 1-ability. Newbies won't really be getting the uber on anything unless they pay, so we don't need to permanently gimp frames for new players unless we're planning on having dozens more.

But yeah, keeping on topic with the thread I'd rather see females spread out in the tiers, and made the same cost as their male counterparts.