Possible Vulkar Bug (Inexplicable Miss)

smithf

Wonder if anybody else has similar experience, in which case it will be confirmed as a bug.

The situation:

The Vulkar is stable (no longer see recoil), and have target dead in the sights (aim mode), with no obstacles near/between me and target.

When fired, I can see the "hit spark" on the target.

But there is no damage.

It is not even a case of damage not shown because the target I tested it on is so low level that it should kill it in one shot.

The only mods I have on at that time was Fast Hands (+reload).

Could it be that the bullet speed or something was so fast that it did not register the hit during hitscan?

or possibly related to some new hidden penetration mechanics?

Lol, you guys!

Corpus crewman have a 100% normal reduction on headshots. Every gun in that game that does not innately have AP or armor ignore will do 0 damage on a connecting headshot to a corpus crewman. Put any element on the weapon to get results, but AP will deal 400% it's value to their heads.

It has been this way for a long time. It was recently toned down, originally an AP headshot dealt 2000% damage to a corpus crewman to compensate for their immunity!

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Crewman_(Corpus)

^For reference!

I've had this one twice in Lech Kril fire phase even though I could snipe the red ball just fine. Lech Kril was not immune to ranged damage at the time: my friend's Hek worked just fine. I saw the hit on target.

Edited by Inofor

thanks for the info!

I used snipetron before and switched to vulkar later. Think I had wrongly expected that they behave similarly and for low level vulkar, I only equipped Fast hands so the damage has no AP or armor ignore. and the fact that boxheads have 100% normal damage reduction was totally out of my knowledge (guess the old 2000% AP sort of overshadow it too much ;) )

Like what the others have mentioned, yes you will need the AP mod for rifles (Piercing Hit) to do any damage to the Corpus boxheads. The Vulkar doesn't have innate AP you see. If you don't have that mod yet, aim for the torso/extremities in the meantime.

@Mrowka: weapons with innate AP are the exception for boxhead shots: Paris, Snipetron, Kunai, Despair, Fang, Boltor, Bolto/Akbolto, etc. 

Ok i have put some pircing,fire and electrical dmg and Vulkar is dealing no dmg to crewmen, moa and had that bug with grinner trooper. Sometimes it hits sometime it does not. And had situatuion that i headed corpus crewmen 3 times and it dealt no dmg and after it 4th shoot killed him. So yes- its bugged, and by now its making this weapon rly problematic to use on high lvls.

Edited by shirner.izuna

I Think this happens to me when i play with others but not when i play on solo, i still do damage.

My Vulkar does around 400/700 + 200/350 dmg with AP mod, could go higher depending on enemies lvls and crits.