Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voip Issues

Plorf

Hey so I've had a couple of issues with this game's VOIP features for a while, figured I'd make a thread. Normally I use Skype with friends but every now and then these things pop up:

First, my voice receive volume is always at maximum, even though every other volume setting (including voice receive!) is turned down very low. So while people rarely use mics, when they do it's ear-splittingly loud and I don't know what to do about it.

Secondly, there seem to be no indicators for who is talking, including yourself. So not only do I have no clue who is talking on the UI (or which Warframe they're playing, for that matter, but I digress), but I can't even tell if if my own mic is transmitting. Which is an issue because the push-to-talk in this game seems to be a toggle, not a hold key. I've had a few times where a player complained about a mic being on and I had no idea it was my own.

Now these are pretty minor issues for me thankfully, since I rarely use in-game voice, but they're really nasty ones when they do pop up. Posting this to see if anyone else shares my issues. Oh, and if this thread needs to be moved please tell me.

Have to admit, it is TERRIBLE quality, either it's the current codec that is being used or bandwidth limitation.
Have to suggest using CELT or Opus... or atleast Speex on a very high quality setting.

P.S.
Unbearable even.

Edited by Soopineer