Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Melee Weapon Is Better, Dual Zoren Or Ether Daggers?

Xaemous

Question

I've already looked on the wiki and I've seen the advantages and disadvantages of both weapons but overall which do you consider to be the better weapon and why?

Oh and one of my friends and I have been discussing which one is better. I already have the Dual Zoren while he has the Ether Daggers. He claims that his Ether Daggers deal more damage than the Dual Zoren overall(mainly because of the 3 hits per animation) But I've also stated that he Dual Zoren can hit multiple targets, has a higher crit chance(3x on normal 1.5 on charged attack) unlike the Daggers which it's normal and charged attacks don't ignore armor which could lead the Dual Zoren to actually deal more damage in the long run?

IDK I guess I'm just confused as to which really are the better weapon. Anyone have any information the would like to share or experiences with both as to which you prefer and why?

Oh and if the are situational, which situations do they dominate in and which one dominates better?

Edited by Xaemous

9 answers to this question

Zorens is for crit, Ether daggers = High stun, better base melee damage and really fast attack speed. with mod they're faster than the fang. they also do slashing damage instead of armor pen. personally I use dual ethers/Ether daggers

I personally enjoyed zorens the most as my go to dual melee. But id have to say if your more boss oriented id go with the ether daggers. Used them for higher lvl infested defense missions with attack speed and element mods, or crit damage chance and speed if your a stealthy for those red crits. Helps a lot for those ancients in pluto. :)

Okay, you all have posted some good answers but here's another thing I'm curious about, the damage of the weapons. If I was to say do the same mission twice but use the dual zorens on one of them and the dual ethers on the other, on average which weapon will deal more damage(for example if you were able to calculate all damage at the end of the mission which one would show more damage dealt)? I know the Zorens have a lower base damage but with it's 3x crit chance on normal 1.5x crit chance on charge attacks could someone help with figuring out out of how many attacks would you be likely to preform a crit attack? And also how much damage would you deal on normal and charge attacks with the default dual zoren (assuming we are talking about base damage and everything else) when it performs a crit attack(normal and charged attacks)?

And what about crit damage and crit chance(normal and carged attacks) for the Dual ethers?

Dual Heat Swords

Please refrain from straying from the topic. The only weapons I mentioned were the Dual Zorens and the Ether Daggers. I asked a question about comparisons between those two weapons, not any other weapon. Therefore your answer should be one that is related to either one of those weapons or both that stays on topic, not a weapon that isn't part of this topic.

Besides why are you mentioning a weapon that isn't part of this topic?

Edited by Xaemous