Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.3.0

DE_Adam

Vaykor Hek is only better than regular if you have Primed Ravage but it should not have to rely on that to be better than the regular version.

Telos Boltor is worse than the Prime. It shouldn't be a thing if the MR 12 version is gonna be worse than the MR 2 version. There were other weapons to choose from like Sybaris.

Simulor didn't need to be in 2 syndicates. I guess both are just mastery fodder anyway but it would have been nice to get something good from there at MR 12.

Welp, looks like the boltor prime is once again too powerful. DE seems to be covering their ears and burying their heads in the sand when it comes to that weapon. Going on with their lives as if that weapon never existed. Seriously, it requires balancing, even though there will be tons of hate for it, it has to be done so that it does not overshadow every other weapon in the damn game.

• Steel Meridian: Vaykor Hek - Forged in the fires of rebel struggle, this shotgun is a force for liberation.   
  • Arbiters of Hexis: Telos Boltor - Bring down judgement, with this boltor crafted by the Arbiters of Hexis. 
  • New Loka: Sancti Tigris - Echo nature's violent beauty with this special Tigris.

So this is kinda weird... why did you guys decide to buff weapons that were already so good? o: Why not make better versions of weapons that actually neeeed it.

• Fixed AoE damage counting towards earning a ‘headshot’.

Awww dang. :S

• Forma Blueprints will now only drop in one rotation, replaced by the following drops in these endless Mission rotations:
    • T1D Rotation A: Forma BP for T2MD Key.
    • T3D Rotation B: Forma BP for Uncommon Fusion Core 5 Pack.
    • T4D Rotation B: Forma BP for Prime Carrier Systems.
    • T4D Rotation C: Forma BP for Hikou Pouch.
    • T3S Rotation C: Forma BP for Prime Carrier BP.
    • T4S Rotation A: Rare Fusion Core 5 Pack for Uncommon Fusion Core 5 Pack.
    • T4S Rotation B: Forma Blueprint for Rare Fusion Core 5 Pack.

Also... is it just me... or does this seem mostly like a drop table downgrade? :c Especially the Rare Cores into Uncommon Cores.

I think what would've been better, would've been to remove the forma drops completely to make space for decent drops... instead of replacing them with awful things like uncommon cores and crappy keys. :/

(idk why part of that quote is highlighted)

Edited by smokednin

The Hek Augment cannot be used on the Vaykor Hek, no.

Then why even make a Vaykor Hek. It could have been another gun. Very disappointed. Can’t you just make it so it works? I mean it’s not like we are asking for a double syndicate proc here but simply carrying over the "buff" the standard hek received that made it even a valid weapon to use to begin with. To be honest I think it’s just going to be a rank and forget weapon to me because the current base Hek and its augment are so nice to begin with.

Annoyed with

Simulor being included as a syndicate weapon as it sounds stupid to have that there if cephalon is giving the normal one, should replace this with a different one

You can't use syndicate mods on syndicate weapons, yes they make the weapons more powerful but then should balance around it and why can't you use them it sounds stupid

The crit chance on the bow is still terrible

Everything else was good just the top is very disappointing

Then why even make a Vaykor Hek. It could have been another gun.

Yes. Like Buzlok maybe? Hind? Ignis? There are other grineer weapons.

It sucked back with the Bolto/Akbolto thing and it sucks here too.

Edited by Roboplus

Noticed this, but didn't want to be alarmist before testing it. (Can't atm.)

Also:

Loading screen DC tip: 'Pentas can headshot!'

Yep. I got a couple other guys to join me in testing, AoE definitely can't headshot anymore. RIP.

Also yep, this is a big part of the reason that I believe this is not intended, and that it is a side effect of whatever they were trying to fix (which is likely that warframe aoe abilities would ALWAYS headshot regardless of positioning).

This. I am VERY concerned about this. As far as I can tell, it was supposed to prevent people from gaining the Head Hunter challenge from a Syndicate explosion, primarily.

Nerfing all AoE - especially when one of the new weapons is a Simulor, and Simulor is utterly reliant on AoE headshots (they take it from crap tier to reasonably competitive) - is not a fun move.

Also the new penta... -.-.

Not to mention that it directly nerfs all explosive weapons, and all warframe AoE abilities (which used to proc headshot no matter where you hit enemies for real, I believe this might have been what they were trying to fix, as you said the syndicate procs did the same thing). 

Explosives / AoE abilities should be able to headshot, just not from anywhere. This is the basic concept I believe DE was trying to fix a bug to obtain, but accidentally broke things. Hopefully they'll see it and fix it. If it IS intentional that even more hopefully they'd realize what a horrible mistake they'd made and revert it.

There is another grineer shotgun in game - Sobek. And Sobek need a buff, so why Hek?

Hek already has a mod which buff it properly. For what reason it is Hek again?

And make...

KARAK DESERT CAMO PLEASE!

Sobek makes a lot more sense too, given no grineer use the Hek (other than Vay Hek, presuming he even still does), while troopers use the Sobek.

Kaboom

Steel Meridian: Vaykor Hek - Forged in the fires of rebel struggle, this shotgun is a force for liberation.   
Arbiters of Hexis: Telos Boltor - Bring down judgement, with this boltor crafted by the Arbiters of Hexis.  
Cephalon Suda: Synoid Simulor - Cephalon Suda’s custom issue Simulor was built to satisfy her curiosity.
Perrin Sequence: Secura Penta - Ruthless and efficient, just like the free-market.
Red Veil: Rakta Cernos - A finely tuned instrument of assassination.
New Loka: Sancti Tigris - Echo nature's violent beauty with this special Tigris.