Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.3.0

DE_Adam

Well. Gotta farm some rep to get those weapons now. I would've preferred Vaykor Boar instead of Vaykor Hek, to avoid the obvious problems that causes the syndicate mod not being able to be equipped like in the regular version. And to bring back poor Boar from that rhino wrecking pack... 

Because if there's one thing we needed more of, it's more Grineer equipment. Seriously DE why is it that over the past few weeks, we've got nothing but Grineer equipment? Where's our Corpus or Infested equipment?

this^

*meanwhile at The Mios's progress*

loading.gif

WHERE IS MY GLOOOOOORIOUS MIOS!?

The Hek Augment cannot be used on the Vaykor Hek, no.

BUt BUT....becca! 200% multishot was the purpose of the mod, i dont care about the "proc" of it...c'mon!! :'( losing 200% multishot, we are talking about BIG BIG BIG numbers...c'mon! please enable it, this is frustrating and i was looking forward to it! 

Nice update. Too bad the left side syndicates got the short end of the stick imo (or at least for the time being).
Edit - Keep in mind that they require 125k Standing and MR12.

Vaykor Hek - Nice, but it can't equip Scattered Justice; no damage increase; it has a longer reload time (offset by doubled magazine size); 25% Crit Chance instead of 10%, but still only 2x Crit Damage. (Vaykor Kohm? Vaykor Tonkor? Vaykor Ogris?)

Edit - With Primed Ravage, it's not too bad.

Telos Boltor - Just bad (compared to Boltor Prime) with the exception of Truth effect. (Maybe give it better stats?)
Edit - Other than the increased magazine size and Truth effect, it is objectively worse than Boltor Prime.

Synoid Simulor - Bad again...with the exception of Entropy effect. (Synoid Opticor? Synoid Glaxion?)
Edit - Most notable pros are the significantly faster reload speed, increased mag size, and Entropy effect. It's not too bad, but not exceptionally compelling imo.

Secura Penta - Nice upgrade; does slightly more damage; has 2 extra rounds; Sequence effect.
Edit - Overall, a slight direct upgrade. Good enough to switch from Penta if you like it.

Rakta Cernos - Very nice upgrade; good increase in damage; slightly higher status chance; shortest charge time; Blight effect.
Edit - Very compelling to get. Its innate fast rate of fire leaves room for damage mods. The faster flight speed along with Blight effect makes it well-suited for fight multiple enemies vs. other bows.

Sancti Tigris - The BEST primary out of the syndicates (for now); significant damage increase; faster reload time; Purity effect. In short, a direct upgrade (the way it should be).
Edit - Please don't nerf it...

Edited by bnShadow13

Diriga - The Diriga shocks nearby enemies, and picks off distant threats, utilizing the Vulklok sniper rifle and the ‘Calculated Shot’, ‘Arc Coil’ and ‘Electro Pulse’ precepts.

can you  only get through plat or other means?

It's BP is available in the market, just like standard Sentinels. It's crafting cost is actually reasonable too, not inflated like all of the recent stuff. Really the only good thing to come out of this update

Firstly I'd like to say thank you DE as always for the update.

...but.

There were obviously some decisions made with the syndicate primaries that are causing drama atm, which I am questioning as well, though not as much as THIS:

• Fixed AoE damage counting towards earning a ‘headshot’.

After reading that, I got in game and tested. I'm not sure if this is exactly what you meant to happen here, but I can confirm that AoE of ALL forms (penta, warframe abilities, and otherwise) LITERALLY are unable to headshot now, even if they are aimed properly. I can't help but believe this change was meant to do something else, since frankly speaking every single form of AoE has just received a drastic nerf without any explanation as to why.

Should we not be able to get headshot damage if our Penta rounds or warframe abilities are carefully set off above an enemy's head? I don't see why not... I mean (can't believe I'm trying to use logic in a game) a grenade exploding over a crowd of enemies in real life would definitely result in more casualties, even if net damage was less. Everything was rather balanced before damage-wise, regardless of headshot damage, which is part of the reason I don't really think this is what you meant to happen. I know for a fact that Warframe AoE Abilities would ALWAYS headshot- regardless of where it was cast from (which regardless, as I said in the previous sentence, it still felt balanced and not OP at all). That is what I believe was intended to be fixed here (or at least hope so), but AoE should still be able to headshot, it should just have to hit in the right spot... I'm hoping this gets reverted or changed in some way soon.

Thank you again for the update, I hope we can receive some clarification and explanation as to the change I quoted- as well as learn if how the change actually affected damage in game is what was intended.

• Forma Blueprints will now only drop in one rotation, replaced by the following drops in these endless Mission rotations:
    • T1D Rotation A: Forma BP for T2MD Key. 
      Meh.

• T3D Rotation B: Forma BP for Uncommon Fusion Core 5 Pack.
      Meh

• T4D Rotation B: Forma BP for Prime Carrier Systems.
      Well okay.

• T4D Rotation C: Forma BP for Hikou Pouch.
      Alrighty then.

• T3S Rotation C: Forma BP for Prime Carrier BP.
      Okay.

• T4S Rotation A: Rare Fusion Core 5 Pack for Uncommon Fusion Core 5 Pack.
      Why just why...

• T4S Rotation B: Forma Blueprint for Rare Fusion Core 5 Pack.
      Meh.

Overall I'm not impressed. I was hoping to see forma completely extinguished from all C rotations but its only altered in two. Forma isn't that bad on other rotations. I guess fusion cores are slightly better since you can always use them. 

Its a start I suppose. Also please consider changing rotations from AABC to ABC. The first one takes too long to accomplish.

Edited by kubbi

still no intention to fix how adhesive blast doesn't let tonkor grenades explode on contact with enemies?

it does damage when it connects and damage when it explodes 5 seconds later, but if you have adhesive blast on tonkor, you have to run into the grenade to detonate it in all situations where you don't want to wait for it to expire.

After reading that, I got in game and tested. I'm not sure if this is exactly what you meant to happen here, but I can confirm that AoE of ALL forms (penta, warframe abilities, and otherwise) LITERALLY are unable to headshot now, even if they are aimed properly. I can't help but believe this change was meant to do something else, since frankly speaking every single form of AoE has just received a drastic nerf without any explanation as to why.

This. I am VERY concerned about this. As far as I can tell, it was supposed to prevent people from gaining the Head Hunter challenge from a Syndicate explosion, primarily.

Nerfing all AoE - especially when one of the new weapons is a Simulor, and Simulor is utterly reliant on AoE headshots (they take it from crap tier to reasonably competitive) - is not a fun move.

Edited by FelisImpurrator

OMG loved it, legit

but honestly can u introduce a feature where we would be able to trash a weapon and add all the forma, that we grinded and spent HOURS placing on the gun, into the new variant of the same weapon? like PLEASE!

oh and thx allot for the changes in T4S, now its official that the ocean of OCells dropping are there to stay. R.I.P. T4S

After reading that, I got in game and tested. I'm not sure if this is exactly what you meant to happen here, but I can confirm that AoE of ALL forms (penta, warframe abilities, and otherwise) LITERALLY are unable to headshot now,

Noticed this, but didn't want to be alarmist before testing it. (Can't atm.)

Also:

Loading screen DC tip: 'Pentas can headshot!'