Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scorpions Need A Nerf Asap

Kurochikun

Scorpion: The female counterpart of the sawmen. Not very tough in terms of HP or defense with moderate damage. What makes you want to rage quit is the annoying as hell Pull ability.

Slowly dragging you through the floor with no way to counter attack, avoid or block it. It will drag you towards it and get a free hit, often disabling your shields, while being dragged you are subject to any attacks.

I have at times been pulled by Scorpion out of view, blocked by doors and crates.

They need a nerf immidently as they can likely kill if there is a large horde around, they are unblockable with a large range, the slow drag makes it worse than Mag's pull as you get shot along the way often arriving dead!

At least rollers you could run away and shoot them, or jump. There was strategy to it. Scorpions simply get a cheap hit in and all you can do is flee the other way.

I have never. Ever. Been hit by a scorpion.
Pulled? Several times, a single shot to the head kills them and you have plenty of time to aim while they're pulling you.

The only annoyance as with rollers is when there are several at once, same with Commanders.
They're fine as is.

No, they don't!

See, we have tough guys who have no problems with Scorpions. Scorpions are so afraid of them so they don't dare to use the hook through objects and to chain-grab them. Those guys are so tough, they even shout on forums about it. So, I guess you just have to add them in your friend list and all the poor Scorpions will just stand in the center of the room and wait for death.

No need for nerfs since we have forum pro players!

They need a nerf immidently as they can likely kill if there is a large horde around, they are unblockable with a large range, the slow drag makes it worse than Mag's pull as you get shot along the way often arriving dead!

The enemy should be less effective because.... you can die from it? i hope you see the ridiciulousness of your request when you re-read it

The enemy should be less effective because.... you can die from it? i hope you see the ridiciulousness of your request when you re-read it

His problem is more that you can die and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it because it hitscans through walls and drags you for about 5 seconds into a group of bloodthirsty Grineer shotgun-wielders and rollers.

His problem is more that you can die and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it because it hitscans through walls and drags you for about 5 seconds into a group of bloodthirsty Grineer shotgun-wielders and rollers.

He didn't say anything about going through walls??

And you have team mates to help you/kill them/revive you my point still stands, you want to reduce the risk of an enemy trying to kill you because you think it is too good at it. I haven't been downed by one yet and i can only go on the other posts here but neither have several others. Better yourself, don't bring the game down to the lowest common denominator.

Maybe you should think re-read the post. They need to be less effective because you can can die from it through a broken mechanic which is beyond your control, unlike any other enemy.

Every enemy's gimmick can be defeated through some tactic. Dodging, jumping, knocking it back. You can kill any enemy with minimal damage.

- The tactic for this character is "hope you kill it before you get pulled". There is nothing you can do about it other than kill it from longest range possible, which isn't always possible.

What planet are you on that you arrive dead by the time the pull is finished?

I'm not kidding, all the Grineer planets I can think of off the top of my head are pretty low level.

Try higher level ones when you have a huge horde with 2 or 3 elites. If the enemies actually behaved properly on mobile defense they would make it hell.

He didn't say anything about going through walls??

And you have team mates to help you/kill them/revive you my point still stands, you want to reduce the risk of an enemy trying to kill you because you think it is too good at it. I haven't been downed by one yet and i can only go on the other posts here but neither have several others. Better yourself, don't bring the game down to the lowest common denominator.

Yes I did say through walls.

Being able to be revived or aided doesn't make it any less cheap. You can kill every enemy through tactics by yourself, with minimal damage, why should this one be an exception? It's just a cheap tactic to get someone injured or hurt without remedy. Just because it doesn't use it all that often, doesn't make it any less cheap. That's like saying "Oh so this enemy hits you through walls or is just too strong compared to the others? That's okay because there is health kits you can use." ... I shouldn't have to use health kits just because the game forced me to. It would be the same thing if Stomping MOAs would have instant stomp, it just wouldn't make for a fun gameplay mechanic, it would be just cheap.

Edited by Kurochikun

No, you said "Slowly dragging you through the floor with no way to counter attack, avoid or block it." i admit i read that as along because my brain interpreted it to make more sense. If you are going to tell me to re-read your post, please ensure it is accurate and sensical in the first place.

Also that is obviously broken yet your post says "They need a nerf immidently as they can likely kill if there is a large horde around, they are unblockable with a large range, the slow drag makes it worse than Mag's pull as you get shot along the way often arriving dead!"

You don't want that broken mechanic fixed you want them changed, to be easier, because you have trouble with them.

"... I shouldn't have to use health kits just because the game forced me to. It would be the same thing if Stomping MOAs would have instant stomp,"

When should you have to use them? when you are relaxing on a beach on pluto, cocktail in hand with not a care in the world? It seems to me you want to breeze a mission in seconds, with little challenge and no consumables used. I see this as warframes greatest threat at the moment, it is too easy so people are progressing far quicker than content can be delivered.

I've yet to encounter a scorpion that got me through walls, objects, but if that's the case it'll be patched out in the next edition.

In regards to the difficulty presented, yes this is new, and yes you will adapt if you stop raging and start thinking instead. Usage of common avoidance tactics like kiting and keeping your distance to said object should be sufficient.

I've yet to encounter a scorpion that got me through walls, objects, but if that's the case it'll be patched out in the next edition.

In regards to the difficulty presented, yes this is new, and yes you will adapt if you stop raging and start thinking instead. Usage of common avoidance tactics like kiting and keeping your distance to said object should be sufficient.

What! Keep your distance? What kind of ninja are you? charge in and kill them, much faster, you need to train your ninjustu more!

Edited by Azukra

The only annoyance as with rollers is when there are several at once, same with Commanders.

They're fine as is.

I thought same until i got disabled for nearly 10 seconds with like 8 of them. Rare case but there could a cooldown between pulls.

I skimmed through the post and so here's my two scents. Scorpions are the byproduct of poor thinking and coding. Why I say that? let me explain by comparing the Scorpion with an Ancient (infested). The Ancient's Attack is "almost" instant but can be dodged and all it does is knock you on your &#!-for the most part anyway- the Scorpion on the other hand it's ability IS instant and impossible to avoid by sliding jumping or any other means if you're in the ability's range. Now the Scorpion's ability would be accepted if and only IF the player can break free from it, instead of waiting 5 seconds to recover. I suggest using the melee attack to break free or even interrupt the skill. Also This pull ability shouldnt knock you down like the Ancient's attack isntead it should give you a small stagger. Well thi are my 2 cents and they could be used as a possible fix. Any other opinions? A penny for your thoughts? :D

I've gotten underneath a staircase, through a wall, and had the F*** You rope attach itself to my codpiece and make me start levitating while enemies shot my fat, mystical &#!.

It goes through walls.

Edited by fishworshipper

No, they don't!

See, we have tough guys who have no problems with Scorpions. Scorpions are so afraid of them so they don't dare to use the hook through objects and to chain-grab them. Those guys are so tough, they even shout on forums about it. So, I guess you just have to add them in your friend list and all the poor Scorpions will just stand in the center of the room and wait for death.

No need for nerfs since we have forum pro players!

Gets slapped in the face on another thread.

Goes to another thread and rants.

Forget the joke sailing over your head, man. It swung back, hit you in the forehead and launched into space.

The joke.

Joke.

J

O

K

E.

As well, Scorpions seem to need an adjustment, while they don't present a problem. They -are- bugged, and their attack is undodgable.

No, you said "Slowly dragging you through the floor with no way to counter attack, avoid or block it." i admit i read that as along because my brain interpreted it to make more sense. If you are going to tell me to re-read your post, please ensure it is accurate and sensical in the first place.

Also that is obviously broken yet your post says "They need a nerf immidently as they can likely kill if there is a large horde around, they are unblockable with a large range, the slow drag makes it worse than Mag's pull as you get shot along the way often arriving dead!"

You don't want that broken mechanic fixed you want them changed, to be easier, because you have trouble with them.

"... I shouldn't have to use health kits just because the game forced me to. It would be the same thing if Stomping MOAs would have instant stomp,"

When should you have to use them? when you are relaxing on a beach on pluto, cocktail in hand with not a care in the world? It seems to me you want to breeze a mission in seconds, with little challenge and no consumables used. I see this as warframes greatest threat at the moment, it is too easy so people are progressing far quicker than content can be delivered.

Do you suffer from dyslexia? Everyone else seems to understand the post just fine. I want it nerfed and I'm also reporting, in a paragraph alone to make it very clear that they at times pull through walls.

You might enjoy the nostalgia of poor coding and cheap gameplay of the 80s but not all of us do, go on youtube and you will find that those mistakes are made fun of by plenty, so I'm not alone. MOAs don't instant stomp, rollers aren't overly fast, why does scorpion instant pull? It's that simple. When do I want them to use it? It's not about when but how. I want there to be a way to avoid it, or at least a charge up, rather than an instant cast that can potentially kill you in the right circumstances and it's beyond your control. I fail to see how you cannot understand this.

Edited by Kurochikun

MOAs don't instant stomp, rollers aren't overly fast, why does scorpion instant pull? It's that simple. 

This guy, this guy knows what's up.

Didn't even consider giving the scorpion a wind-up for her pull attack, would make a lot more sense than a slower moving projectile. *Facepalms self*.

Need more players like you. Not sarcasm, I'm super cereal about that.

Theres a rope of some sort dragging me... if I had something sharp I might be able to get free... if I had some way to apply force from a distance...

Eh, whatever, I was going that direction anyway.

About that instant moa stomp attack... those heavy grineer have that and you cant jump it. Also, why is that rope stopping me mid-air?