Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Release Alpha Dojo...

NeoDarkSider

It is my opinion that the DE wanted to get the dojo released early in the current Alpha stage the way it is because:

Instead of spending resource/time (analyzing data) from the developers (to set a more balanced system) it would be much easier to just Set the prices Ultra high on release because:

1. All the GM/M have too much plat and they can afford to pay for the new content with the help from other clan members (resource wise).

2. This will garner a quick boost in sales of Forma from those who are: Impatient and/or Whales.

3. It is much easier to scale back the prices of dojo cost than to increase them afterwards. eg Look at the weapon price increases responses.

4. To gain feedback from intelligent players for future update changes.

Some downsides/ results/ side effect are:

1. Players will rage and post before thinking until an update to the current alpha dojo system is applied.

2. GM/M/Whales will get a to experience the new content quickly at the cost of spending over inflated early release price.

3. Feedloaders in large clans will get to experience dojo weapon research and may one day leave to build their own dojo once prices have dropped.

1) You can buy Forma, you can't buy anything else with platinum. There is still a minimum level of grinding whether you are p2p or f2p

2) Probably, wise choice if it works

3) In order to analyse and adjust, you need to start somewhere. Starting high gives more longevity while they work on other stuff and greater span in which to analyse.

4) Obviously, that's why they call us beta testers and we are a HUGE resource without additional overheads

Downsides

1) Players are idiots

2) Yep the world works that way, you get what you pay for, i have no sympathy for paupers who expect to benefit as much as those who contribute much more, Much like when i go to work to pay tax so some scummer can have her 20th kid and live in a bigger house than me, free.

3) That's a clan problem, they take responsibility for hiring their members, they must also take responsibility for controlling and getting shot.

None of what you posted is rocket science.

Yes it is not rocket science and you are intelligent enough to know this but many players don't. I am just trying to help some players understand the situation better (looking at the big picture) before posting.

Edited by NeoDarkSider

I predict an option to reset dojos and recover all expended resources.

That seems highly unlikely. That would mean they would have to keep track of resource contributions,not just during construction (which they do now) but even after construction is completed. Sounds like a significant amount of data.

Everything OP has said is indeed a possibility, if not a likely one. Let's hope they turn things around and do right by themselves in terms of making the most money and by the fans in terms of making things fun and possible for smaller clans.

I predict an option to reset dojos and recover all expended resources.

lol ya right. They set the resources needed really high to clean out the high amount people had saved up. Just like the crazy fusion prices took care of peoples' built up credits when update 7 hit.