Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Switch Teleport & Augment

Plorf

So uh, hopefully anyone who plays Loki knows that Switch Teleport has been broken for some time. It often fails to switch, either putting the enemy in your place or putting you on top of an enemy. I guess this is more of something that needs bugfixing, but it would be nice if this ability got a second look.

I think switch teleport should be a targeted ability (like Smite for instance) so it eliminates possibility of misfire. And along with that, Decoy should be targeted as well so that enemies in your line of sight don't obstruct it from being placed. These minor changes would make Loki feel a little smoother to play combined with fixing the actual bug.

Also, after just using the Safeguard Switch augment it felt really underwhelming. Obviously you're giving up Irradiating Disarm to use it, but the augment itself feels strange. Switching with decoys is useful (when it works) but I fail to see why the augment shouldn't also make Loki invincible upon switch, as it would really help with clutch revives. They could also add duration scaling but I'm not sure whether or not that would be OP. 

Anyway let me know what you think

I agree that the obstruction bugs need to be fixed.

The augment is great though. It's currently the only way to create an actual tank that makes enemies focus on it. The duration of the invulnerability is already affected by duration mods so you'll get a decent duration invulnerable decoy.

Also it's not like Irradiating Disarm is a staple mod. You use it for a certain play style, but most loki play styles are better when you can control the enemies yourself instead of them attacking random targets.

I agree that the obstruction bugs need to be fixed.

The augment is great though. It's currently the only way to create an actual tank that makes enemies focus on it. The duration of the invulnerability is already affected by duration mods so you'll get a decent duration invulnerable decoy.

Also it's not like Irradiating Disarm is a staple mod. You use it for a certain play style, but most loki play styles are better when you can control the enemies yourself instead of them attacking random targets.

Decoy does not become invincible from teleport augment. I tried it several times.

Sad, but true.

Decoy does not become invincible from teleport augment. I tried it several times.

Sad, but true.

It must've got broken in a recent patch then. Last I used it was in 17.1 and it worked perfectly. Maybe you're using -duration and it ends almost immediately.

Edited by Naftal

It must've got broken in a recent patch then. Last I used it was in 17.1 and it worked perfectly. Maybe you're using -duration and it ends almost immediately.

This is the bug I was talking about. Switch Teleport itself  is broken and doesn't teleport reliably, and when this happens the augment will not function properly. But even working properly it seemed lacking, I had a build with Continuity/Constitution and it was still a meager duration.

Why would I use -Duration on either A) Loki, or B) a build that integrates this augment?

No, I made a build specifically to test the augment, and it wasn't working on the Decoy.

It would make sense for it to be a bug -- however, I was a client. Were you Host (or Solo) when you did this?

Edited by S7ORM