Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Will Never Understand Rushers

Magicfingers

was joining in some extermination runs yesterday leveling up some weapons i had made and then neglected. on one of the runs the mission starts...kill i think it was 139 enemies (extermination you know). one guy takes off running leaving the rest of us behind to kill everything. after a few minutes he started berating us in chat....."come on!!! hurry up!!!...i'm at extraction waiting!!!!.....go faster!!!!"....etc.,  etc. when the mission ended and the results screen came up, he had 0 kills...0 damage done...0 pickups...had taken minimal damage to himself.....so what i'm asking is what's the point? why rush through an extermination mission if you're not gonna kill anything or pickup anything? my mind is officially blown trying to figure out why.

It's because people want to reap the rewards without having to do anything for it.  People like these are scum and should be stuck at level 1 forever.  What's the point of playing a game if you're simply not going to make any effort to play it in the first place?

i agree with meenmu i can understand rushers i my self rush as well but never OPEN always closed so my clan mates can join etc etc , of he was rushing open thats a pain in the &#! people should know to put it private when rushing

It's not even leeching as all you get are a small amount of extraction credits. You need to be close to the group to mass any real EXP gain.

therundown, unless its behind a Yellow locked door you can find the extraction chambers before their marked. It's actually easy once you understand most map generation is extremely linear. Just keep going until you hit the end. 

Edited by Brasten

Rushing extermination? Ehrm no idea? I generally rush on boss levels, or any normal level if i need some system urgently unlocked. Killing trash gets old VERY fast if you've been farming the same boss all week for warframe parts.

But yeah, there are benefits other than being a douchebag or trolling.

The psychology behind this behavior is simple.

They are at the extraction point before you and you are much slower than them.

That is all that matters.

They are there first and the rest are behind.

To these imbeciles being at the extraction point and dashing around fast (macro abuse if necessary) to be ahead is how the game should be played regardless of the mission scenario.

I have lost count to the amount of times I have come across someone behind me, mashing the slide melee macro button to touch the wall at the extraction point only a second before I get there, as if to beat me in some race.

Do they get anything for what they do?

No.

Are they feeling good about themselves doing what they are doing?

Yes.

There is different from leecher and rusher. A rusher will kill things. I would know, I am a loki w/ max level rush. I don't mean to rush, but I just get so far ahead and it's just so easy to kill so much with invis + decoy that I end up being ahead. I even grab crates and lockers too, to keep myself a bit closer to the team.

I can tell you from at least my side of the story, a rusher can most likely solo the mission with a speedrun, he rushes just because he goes so fast.
No harm intended.

But extermination is a whole different ballgame. You can't even rush that.

Well that kind of rushing is pretty senseless lol, but the scoreboard can be glitchy sometimes. I've completed headshot and kill challenges in game, but then the score board will say I've done 0 headshots or only gotten like 10 kills.

To these imbeciles being at the extraction point and dashing around fast (macro abuse if necessary) to be ahead is how the game should be played regardless of the mission scenario.

I have lost count to the amount of times I have come across someone behind me, mashing the slide melee macro button to touch the wall at the extraction point only a second before I get there, as if to beat me in some race.

No.

Yes.

Or because they go faster while sliding, and it is more efficient? Best bet you're behind them, so you never catch them doing that anyways. When I had my fangs I would ride their slide attack like Ice Skates. Besides, it just looks cooler. Sometimes if you need to afk for a minute you put yourself to where you won't lose credit, so you rush to the end. Sometimes your speedy nature takes a hold.

But you're telling me rushers go "YES I WON FIRST PLACE" in a game with no PvP is what you think happens to a large majority of the players?

Some people are on a time schedule, some people just move like that. But a very small *if any* amount of rushers rush just to "Get there first"

Be fore I start I'd like to say in my mind a rusher is someone who just goes to the end of a mission as fast as possible without killing mobs or stoping to unlock crates or break stuff. I don't really rush. I am always running/doing the run slide/doing the jump crouch or run crouch melee to get around but that is just me having fun and I like being fast. The most I usually do is run ahead to the next room sometimes and wreck havoc before they can get there but I'm never really far at all and I will wait for them or go back if it seems the need help since I always try and keep them in view if I can. I do however rush through missions for blueprints and kill everything that gets in my way but that is it and that is only when I have been doing the same mission over and over and over and then I will do the same thing going to extraction but I only do that in certain cases. The small group of people I play with are always in Ventrilo with me and we all feel the same way about certain things. Otherwise I will play solo or ask people im puging with if it's okay to semi rush to the end but I never want to ruin someone's mission. Many times recently people will say don't rush but I need to try and keep up with them because they beast their way through the round haha.

But back to the OP, yeah rushers miss out on stuff including fun and learning how to play better in a group setting and possibly making new friends because leaving someone to die or struggle through while all they want is some mods, credits or materials is stupid and that person will most likely never want to play with you ever again. Working together can get it all done faster than rushing to the end and waiting much longer for the person who is going at their own pace to get there.

Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with rushing and they can do it all they want but they should play solo or make sure your group is all on board or don't even bother. As far as rushing an extermination mission...he went full retard and that's not really rushing, he probably just didn't want to do anything. Dam I can never keep my posts short, whatever.

Edited by Fireblac

Are you purposefully describing idiotic behavior to make rushers look bad? I usually rush anything that can be rushed, but of course I wouldn't just run straight past mobs in an extermination mission. Not that it matters, the individual you describe is not a rusher anyway.

was joining in some extermination runs yesterday leveling up some weapons i had made and then neglected. on one of the runs the mission starts...kill i think it was 139 enemies (extermination you know). one guy takes off running leaving the rest of us behind to kill everything. after a few minutes he started berating us in chat....."come on!!! hurry up!!!...i'm at extraction waiting!!!!.....go faster!!!!"....etc.,  etc. when the mission ended and the results screen came up, he had 0 kills...0 damage done...0 pickups...had taken minimal damage to himself.....so what i'm asking is what's the point? why rush through an extermination mission if you're not gonna kill anything or pickup anything? my mind is officially blown trying to figure out why.

People usually rush because they are tired of doing the same map over and over, and just want to get the farming over and done with. I think it's best that 'rushers' stick to solo play or with their friends like I do personally so it doesn't spoil the game for others.

People usually rush because they are tired of doing the same map over and over, and just want to get the farming over and done with. I think it's best that 'rushers' stick to solo play or with their friends like I do personally so it doesn't spoil the game for others.

Thats half the story. Solo speedruns are fine and dandy until the 30+ boss runs. After - and in some cases even below that - solo rushing becomes a non-negligible risk that most farmers dont want to take. While i kind of disapprove of true 0 kill rushing, on boss farming runs it's almost required if you want things done in a measurable time-frame.

As for real speed running normal missions without kills, its just as irritating to people as the compulsive collect it all guys slowing down progression.

My point? Both is an extreme that should keep to their kind when possible, and strive for balance when not.

Edited by Lers

One tactic used in Extermination mission is to rush to the end and train all the enemies there so you just stand outside of the extraction killing things as they come in. If this is what he was doing he should have told you.

But one funny thing is that now after U8 with the Dojo system that requires a lot of mats there are still rushers in game. It seems that rushers set farming separately from other stuff so this leads to these situations. They dont do several things at once, everything must have one single focus to it.

No.

Yes.

agreed. its not about the destination, its about the journey. Hell isnt that the thing that made mmos popular in the first place?

Are you purposefully describing idiotic behavior to make rushers look bad? I usually rush anything that can be rushed, but of course I wouldn't just run straight past mobs in an extermination mission. Not that it matters, the individual you describe is not a rusher anyway.

no...not at all...i sometimes rush myself....i just don't understand the mentality of running straight to the end bypassing everything knowing the mission is to kill everything. admittedly he was a low level frame so he might of been new and not know what the mission was supposed to be...but you'd think when the lotus says "kill everything...leave no one standing" he'd at least get an idea of what to do.

You should've taken your time and looted everything on the map :D

This.  I will sit 10 yds away while the timer ticks down just to $%#@ them off.  I do not mind playing at a fast pace but those that hurry to the end just to get carried deserve this and then some in my opinion.