The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get Kubrow Commands

(PSN)B0XMAN517

What does guard even mean? Your Kubrow stands really rigid in front of you while taking bullets? 

That'd easily be my least used command. I actually like my little fuzzbutt.

And attack is pretty easy to do now, if you just peck an enemy with your weapon it sets them as a priority target for your Kubrow.

I'm thinking commands that control their follow distance/toggle follow, or that allow you to trigger their precepts manually (so sick of my Huras prioritizing Stalk over Scavenge when I'm opening a series of lockers in a Tower Survival) Maybe some fun commands like roll over, speak, play dead, shake, etc. for use in social spaces or when the battle dies down a bit.

Edited by Kestral9999

I don't really see a point to commands unless it is like the current syndicates; "Follow" and "Stay."  Anything else would be silly and not really useful.

That's really it. Basic commands like stay, follow and attack, follow and don't attack. I'm not looking to play fetch with my kubrow, although I'm not completely against being able to ride them.

Guard may be too ambiguous of a name. In my mind it would act like Revenge for Shade, your kubrow wouldn't attack until you're attacked.

So, basically you're suggesting an offensive and defensive mode? I can jive with that, but I feel like there are a lot of other commands that could be slotted in as well. 

When customizing your Kubrow, there would be a new option simply called "Commands" which could all be placed and swapped in the slots on the wheel like gear/emotes. 

Imagine you hold down your "Place Waypoint" button and a command wheel pops up, much like the gear/emote wheels we have now. 

You could have some for function, like:

Sit (causes your Kubrow to sit down, they will stay sitting until you reach a certain distance and then resume their current follow command)

Stay (your Kubrow will remain at the point where you placed the command marker, they will also attack any enemies that come within range)

Precept (you can manually activate or prioritize certain presets over others, like Dig, Stalk, Scavenge, etc.)

Heel (your Kubrow maintains a safe distance behind you, but continues following you)

Come (cancels stay command and causes your Kubrow to follow you at the default distance)

Attack (your Kubrow will automatically attack any enemies within range)

Defend (Your Kubrow will wait until an enemy has targeted you before retaliating)

And some would just be for fun, like:

Fetch (throw an object into the distance which your Kubrow will instinctively run to retrieve)

Speak (your Kubrow will begin barking and/or howling, this can be used as a distraction to lure enemies away from you if your Kubrow is under the stay command)

Roll Over (self explanatory)

Play Dead (your Kubrow lies on its side, closes it's eyes, and pretends to be dead. Can be used to keep enemies from attacking your Kubrow)

Shake (your Kubrow extends its paw in invitation and your Tenno shakes it)

Drag Race (your Kubrow begins butt scooting along the ground. May result in hilarity and streak marks)

Would love the "open this sealed box , thats why I've given you the ability to do so, damn it" comand. I know opening containers is not profitable in terms of spent time, I know there's much better/faster ways to obtain resources in good amounts, but I enjoy walking around the map from time to time, and I would like to be able to tell the kubrow to open the containers, not just waiting if it wnats to do it or not.

Commands doesn't fix Kubrow's AI problems of jumping into horrible situations or getting stuck under stairs or getting stuck inside boxes... but this would be a great step in the right direction. There comes a point where I'd rather command Diggs to stay in passive mode permanently. Why? There comes a point in survival where it becomes suicide to leave the snow globe and they try and melee 6 Heavy Corrupted Gunners on their own. It's a pain in the butt having to run out, CC, risk my own death to revive them every 12 seconds.

So, basically you're suggesting an offensive and defensive mode? I can jive with that, but I feel like there are a lot of other commands that could be slotted in as well. 

When customizing your Kubrow, there would be a new option simply called "Commands" which could all be placed and swapped in the slots on the wheel like gear/emotes. 

Imagine you hold down your "Place Waypoint" button and a command wheel pops up, much like the gear/emote wheels we have now. 

You could have some for function, like:

Sit (causes your Kubrow to sit down, they will stay sitting until you reach a certain distance and then resume their current follow command)

Stay (your Kubrow will remain at the point where you placed the command marker, they will also attack any enemies that come within range)

Precept (you can manually activate or prioritize certain presets over others, like Dig, Stalk, Scavenge, etc.)

Heel (your Kubrow maintains a safe distance behind you, but continues following you)

Come (cancels stay command and causes your Kubrow to follow you at the default distance)

Attack (your Kubrow will automatically attack any enemies within range)

Defend (Your Kubrow will wait until an enemy has targeted you before retaliating)

And some would just be for fun, like:

Fetch (throw an object into the distance which your Kubrow will instinctively run to retrieve)

Speak (your Kubrow will begin barking and/or howling, this can be used as a distraction to lure enemies away from you if your Kubrow is under the stay command)

Roll Over (self explanatory)

Play Dead (your Kubrow lies on its side, closes it's eyes, and pretends to be dead. Can be used to keep enemies from attacking your Kubrow)

Shake (your Kubrow extends its paw in invitation and your Tenno shakes it)

Drag Race (your Kubrow begins butt scooting along the ground. May result in hilarity and streak marks)

Could you give any examples to where those would actually be useful?  I mention "Defend" and "Follow", but other than those two I really don't see how or why any of those other commands would be useful.

One think I suggested a long time ago when the kubrows first came out was for a kubrow to be able to stand up on his hind legs and push the other button for a locked door. :)

Commands doesn't fix Kubrow's AI problems of jumping into horrible situations or getting stuck under stairs or getting stuck inside boxes... but this would be a great step in the right direction. There comes a point where I'd rather command Diggs to stay in passive mode permanently. Why? There comes a point in survival where it becomes suicide to leave the snow globe and they try and melee 6 Heavy Corrupted Gunners on their own. It's a pain in the butt having to run out, CC, risk my own death to revive them every 12 seconds.

^This. Because the core problem is current Kubrow AI is nonexistent at best, and counter-productive at worst.

I have been asking for this since day one.

Not one peep from DE.

No, "we are looking into it," or anything like that.

So.... dont know what is going on.

I can guess what's going on, you were on the right track. NOTHING. Nothing is being done ATM, and while I can hope this will get addressed in the future - for now all I can do is vent frustration on the forums.

Makes me feel better, at least :)

It's a dog.  Not a robot.

It's a dog.  Not a robot.

Hey, you're hurting my Carrier's feelings.

But anyways, Nako does have a point, you're basically saying our Kubrow's are brain dead idiots that would run in and get killed by overpowered enemies in a survival mission. I'm pretty sure you would get really annoyed if your Kubrow gets killed all the time and you (and others) have to go out and revive him/her.
Plus aren't the Kubrows meant to be trained, so you could give them commends.

Yes pls, I have been suggesting this forever.

Just at it to the Gear/Emotion Wheel or something.

Let me tell my Kubrow what to attack by placing a Waypoint on an enemy.

Let me tell my Kubrow to stay close or venture out.

Let me tell my Kubrow to stay on a point (again using a waypoint) and defend it obviously.

gimmi that

Could you give any examples to where those would actually be useful?  I mention "Defend" and "Follow", but other than those two I really don't see how or why any of those other commands would be useful.

One think I suggested a long time ago when the kubrows first came out was for a kubrow to be able to stand up on his hind legs and push the other button for a locked door. :)

I mentioned that many of them are just for fun, as far as function is concerned:

Stay could be used in missions like Defense so that your Kubrow could be sent off to guard a hallway leading into the cryopod area.

Being able to prioritize and manually activate your Kubrows precepts is pretty self explanatory as far as usability is concerned.

Heel would help improve your Kubrows survivability by keeping them at a safe distance behind you. For example, say you're running around cloaked by your Huras and you encounter a Nullifier. You can enter the Nullifier's bubble without uncloaking but if your Kubrow enters, it will automatically uncloak you. If you have the ability to tell it to stay further back it would be less likely to enter the bubble.

Most of the rest of them are for added control over your Kubrow's behavior or just to have a bit of fun when a battle isn't raging.

Edited by Kestral9999

YES. YES PLEASE. This is desperately needed. All I ask personally is that I can make my Huras not attack every bloody thing in sight when I've lined them up for stealth, and to keep the hell out of my crosshairs when I'm using non-hitscan, especially explosive weapons.

Actually on that last point, their hitbox really shouldn't be visible to targeting. Damn thing keeps showing up on targeting when he's behind me. They need so many fixes at this point...

Hey, you're hurting my Carrier's feelings.

But anyways, Nako does have a point, you're basically saying our Kubrow's are brain dead idiots that would run in and get killed by overpowered enemies in a survival mission. I'm pretty sure you would get really annoyed if your Kubrow gets killed all the time and you (and others) have to go out and revive him/her.
Plus aren't the Kubrows meant to be trained, so you could give them commends.

Occasionally mine does drop and it is annoying.  That's why I put 6 forma on him.  He's fine now.

I mentioned that many of them are just for fun, as far as function is concerned:

Stay could be used in missions like Defense so that your Kubrow could be sent off to guard a hallway leading into the cryopod area.

Being able to prioritize and manually activate your Kubrows precepts is pretty self explanatory as far as usability is concerned.

Heel would help improve your Kubrows survivability by keeping them at a safe distance behind you. For example, say you're running around cloaked by your Huras and you encounter a Nullifier. You can enter the Nullifier's bubble without uncloaking but if your Kubrow enters, it will automatically uncloak you. If you have the ability to tell it to stay further back it would be less likely to enter the bubble.

Most of the rest of them are for added control over your Kubrow's behavior or just to have a bit of fun when a battle isn't raging.

Sure "Stay" would be useful and "Follow" to turn off "Stay."  Just like the syndicate troops.  But I really don't see any use to other commands.  Other than to attack a boss, what player will stop fighting, bring up a menu, select a command, and take time to select a target?  That takes way too long and it would send the kubrow a distance away which would make him more vulnerable?  Close targets he's going to attack anyway.

I really don't see the point of "Heel."  Ok, so you tell your kubrow to stay away when a nullifier approaches.  And then what?  When you see a nullifier you're going to take the time to issue a command, then run into the nullifier, kill the guy, then issue a new command?  What happens when there's another nullifier that you see but too far to attack?  Remove the "Heel" command, fight, run up to him, reissue the command, then take it off again?  That's a crazy amount of work when it's much simpler and infinitely faster to just kill the nullifier.

You can prioritize your kubrows precepts.  In your ship.  Just you can do it with sentinels.  That's like complaining that a player wants to be able to switch between loadouts while in a mission.

The point of the kubrows is that it's a dog.  It's a separate entity that the player doesn't have full control over.  That's why it's fun.

Now, being able to add some of the fun commands to the "Q" menu for the puppies would be nifty.

Sure "Stay" would be useful and "Follow" to turn off "Stay."  Just like the syndicate troops.  But I really don't see any use to other commands.  Other than to attack a boss, what player will stop fighting, bring up a menu, select a command, and take time to select a target?  That takes way too long and it would send the kubrow a distance away which would make him more vulnerable?  Close targets he's going to attack anyway.

I really don't see the point of "Heel."  Ok, so you tell your kubrow to stay away when a nullifier approaches.  And then what?  When you see a nullifier you're going to take the time to issue a command, then run into the nullifier, kill the guy, then issue a new command?  What happens when there's another nullifier that you see but too far to attack?  Remove the "Heel" command, fight, run up to him, reissue the command, then take it off again?  That's a crazy amount of work when it's much simpler and infinitely faster to just kill the nullifier.

You can prioritize your kubrows precepts.  In your ship.  Just you can do it with sentinels.  That's like complaining that a player wants to be able to switch between loadouts while in a mission.

The point of the kubrows is that it's a dog.  It's a separate entity that the player doesn't have full control over.  That's why it's fun.

Now, being able to add some of the fun commands to the "Q" menu for the puppies would be nifty.

They were just suggestions that I came up with on the spot, this isn't even my thread man. Don't act like I'm adamantly demanding every one of these become an option.