Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Mission Reward: Fix It Or Scale It.

GokuNazz

I don't know if this is a bug or simply my luck.. Here's the thing:

It's quite frustrating after playing for more than 10 defense games on high level mission such as Palos, Pluto up to wave 10 and above by soloing and all you get is hellfire mods constantly? The same thing happen on Xini, Eris which is a lower level defense mission. Ironically, the lower level defense mission will out-reward the high level defense mission on multiple occasions. 

The more you play and keep getting those same stupid mods, you'll eventually die out of boredom and frustration.

Logically, the higher the waves or defense mission = higher chances of getting rare mods or good rewards. But the problem is, all you get is uncommon mods such as hellfire. Also, by logic if it's wave 10 and above, one should not get a common mod. Higher level defense mission should also increase the chances of getting rare rewards but we don't see the difference between low level mission/waves and high level mission/waves. The differences is too small, it should be bigger.

The obvious thing you can see is, certain defense mission in certain system awards you with a specific 'mods' whereby if you look at sites such as Warframe Wiki, it's supposed to be random. This again, ruins our game play experience.

I don't know what went wrong but for all the effort you put either by yourself or team, you always get S#&$ty mods consistently and chances of getting "good mods" are usually 1 out of 10 which is very very low.

In a nutshell:
- Increase chances of getting rare mods are higher waves as a reward. Common mods shouldn't exist at higher wave either. I'd rather get loads of fusion core mods rather than sentinels and warframe skills.

- Stop making only certain rewards are available in certain system or defense mission. The reward should be random but the higher level defense mission will increase chances of getting decent rewards exponentially. The element of mystery and surprise makes the game much more interesting rather than being able to guess that "oh, this reward is available at Planet X defense mission".
Also, higher level defense mission = higher chances of receiving a decent reward should be noticeable.

Edited by GokuNazz

I remember seeing a post a while back where some people made it to wave about 95.

Now guess what reward they got...           Hellfire

The obvious thing you can see is, certain defense mission in certain system awards you with a specific 'mods' whereby if you look at sites such as Warframe Wiki, it's supposed to be random. This again, ruins our game play experience.

- Stop making only certain rewards are available in certain system or defense mission. The reward should be random but the higher level defense mission will increase chances of getting decent rewards exponentially. The element of mystery and surprise makes the game much more interesting rather than being able to guess that "oh, this reward is available at Planet X defense mission".
Also, higher level defense mission = higher chances of receiving a decent reward should be noticeable.

Its superstition that different places drop different mods, or at least that's what I've found so far, other than Hellfire being a reliable reward for any defense mission.

Personally I think that the Hellfire mod we are getting is just being used as a placeholder for new mods and items that have not been released yet and that when the new mods and items are released we'll see much less of Hellfire.

wasnt there a change that you can get all the previous rewards from wave 5, 10, 15 etc, if you end at a higher wave?

i dont know but its seems like you can get only the last mod...

got two rare mods last rounds, at wave 15...hellfier...ok, take it and end...but no rare mods in my inventory -.-

but yes i agree, there should be a better reward for higher waves...i mean...hellfire...all the time hellfire -.-