The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vaykor Hek Buff.

Multicom-EN-

Yes I said it. Even with the best build you can make with all mods maxed you need to land headshots to make it work. Give it 30% crit chance so we can bring it to 50%+ and give it 3.0 damage multiplier and we can start talking.

*bringing more powercreep* ... *looking at dat powaaaah* ... *sigh*

Dude, these are mr 12 weapons. Needs max Syndicate and a lot of Standing to purchase.

They deserve power creep. In fact; in the case of the Rakta Cernos and Sancti Tigris they blatantly are already.

The Vay Hek deserves the same. Buff it. At least give it some base damage over the regular Hek.

Dude, these are mr 12 weapons. Needs max Syndicate and a lot of Standing to purchase.

They deserve power creep. In fact; in the case of the Rakta Cernos and Sancti Tigris they blatantly are already.

The Vay Hek deserves the same. Buff it. At least give it some base damage over the regular Hek.

So you are saying 65k DPS isnt enough? ... *sigh*

Yes I said it. Even with the best build you can make with all mods maxed you need to land headshots to make it work. Give it 30% crit chance so we can bring it to 50%+ and give it 3.0 damage multiplier and we can start talking.

You do realize that shotguns crit per pellet and not per shot?

The Vaykor Hek is an obscene weapon that needs no buffs whatsoever.

Right now, you can get over 170k burst DPS. That's nutter.

Heck, even after the multishot molestation, it can do over 50k burst with 30k sustained DPS. Without multishot at all.

There aren't many guns that can do that. I'm not sure there even is a weapon that can do what the Vaykor Hek can do.

The normal Hek isn't even in the same ball park in terms of damage output.

Edited by Idiocy

You do realize that shotguns crit per pellet and not per shot?

It.doesn't.matter.at.all. If you would think about it just a tiny little bit, you would realize why.

Let's say you have 100 damage split in 10 pellets and 20%/2x crits. For every shot, an average of 2 pellets will crit for 20 damage each, which means 20% more DPS, right? If the whole shot crits in 20% of the cases (like on rifles), how much DPS is again? Right.....20%.

In short: 20% crit/pellet <=> 20% crit per shot.

It.doesn't.matter.at.all. If you would think about it just a tiny little bit, you would realize why.

Let's say you have 100 damage split in 10 pellets and 20%/2x crits. For every shot, an average of 2 pellets will crit for 20 damage each, which means 20% more DPS, right? If the whole shot crits in 20% of the cases (like on rifles), how much DPS is again? Right.....20%.

In short: 20% crit/pellet <=> 20% crit per shot.

Oh you are so wrong on that. If you have that crit per shot and not per pellet you will be punished much more for missing shots. From the stats after every mission I can say that my accuracy is about 70%. That means there is a good chance I will miss evey second critshot and so reduce my dps.

Furtermore, the same principle applies to headshots, because crits do more dmg. The probability you get that much desired crit on a headshot with calculations per shot is lower. With critical strikes per pellet you will almoust certainly crit one time per shot. Over the course of the game it adds to a big number.

Think about it a little bit.