Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Undocumented Syndicate Medallion Spawn Change?

Tsukinoki

Back in U16.0 DE made this very nice change to syndicate missions:

• 8 Syndicate Medallions are now guaranteed to appear in any Syndicate Mission.

I have been running my syndicate missions since U17.3 and out of them I have had 1 mission with 1 medallion, 5 with 3 and 3 with 6 medallions and none with 8 on all sorts of tiles.

Nothing in the patch notes talks about nerfing the syndicate medallion spawns, and yet here we are with nerfed syndicate medallions and therefore nerfed standing per day right as the syndicate primaries come out.

Has anyone else experienced this?
And I really would like word from DE that either this was intentional, and therefore should include it in a PSA or addendum to the patch notes, or would like to know if this is a bug that will be fixed.

Edited by Tsukinoki

I had five in one mission last night, but I found eight in total so it might be a ui thing. Other than that one time I've found eight in every mission.

I serched through the tiles with loot detector and it wasn't detecting anything after I found the total that it listed in the UI when it said "6/6 Medallions".  I made sure to break all the boxes and everything.

I still have the problem of invisible medallions. Also they aren't all hidden in normal places now. I found one today in the middle of a main room and one hidden in a corner.

It's not invisible medallions.  When I've been picking up the medallions it has said "1/3" or "1/6" for the first one found.

And even with loot detector and going through the entire mission breaking all the boxes and picking everything up until it doesn't detect anything I can't find more than the number that the UI lists.

For whatever reason, sometimes the medallions are invisible.

Best bet is to use Loot Radar, and if you can't see anything but it's on the map, go check anyway - You can still pick up the invisible medallions.

Its more that the UI is now saying "6/6 Medallions" instead of "6/8 Medallions" like it should.

And I always bring loot detector or animal sense to syndicate missions and like above I've broken all the boxes and picked up everything until loot detector doesn't show anything on the map.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Nerf? Or bug?

I've had half a dozen mission that only had 6 or 7 since it was supposed to be guaranteed 8.  I've also had Defense missions with 3 in the spawn room when they aren't supposed to have any (they get a 50% increase in mission reward instead).

out of the 18 syndicate missions I've done in the last 2 days I haven't had a single mission say anything less than 8... Of course it's incredibly annoying when I search the entire map, can't find medallion #8, and realise the only item left that I can find according to the loot radar is behind a locked door. All of my hate towards medallion #8.

As for the invisible medallions things, from what I've heard it has to do with using invisibility skills, E.g. Loki/Ash/Huras/Shade.

Then I'm not sure whats going on.

Because I've ran a few europa missions and they all had 3, even the Neptune Corpus outpost missions only had 6.
I have yet to run into 8 and I'm hoping this is just a weird series of bugs and not more.

Since they made that U16 change I had never run into less than 8 medallions (except for defense/interception missions of course) but since U17.3 I have yet to run across 8 medallions in a mision.

I could be wrong but it might have to do with you joining a session late. I'm pretty sure medallions that were picked up prior to you joining are made unavailable for you. Does this problem still occur when doing these missions solo?

I've ran all of these missions solo actually.

I rarely join up when doing syndicate missions to make sure I can take my time finding all of the medallions without worrying about the others in the group just rushing to extraction.

Solo Steve here

It tends to screw up in the Europa tileset, because for some reason not all the locker rooms have valid Medallion spawn points and the game will run out (typically dumping three in the extraction tile and using up all the remaining valid spawns, for a total of only four or five)

Solo Steve here

It tends to screw up in the Europa tileset, because for some reason not all the locker rooms have valid Medallion spawn points and the game will run out (typically dumping three in the extraction tile and using up all the remaining valid spawns, for a total of only four or five)

That makes sense, I did two yesterday, one in Europa which had five and one on Ceres which had eight.