Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Momaw

As Long As You're Auditing Mr Requirements For Weapons, You Need To Fix Mastery.

Right now mastery rank is basically a joke. It's based on reaching max level with gear, and reaching max level is based on XP attained....passively or otherwise. With the rampant popularity of Draco for XP farming mastery rank has come to mean nothing. The cap on how fast you can rank up becomes how fast you can get materials and craft the gear, because gathering the XP takes only a few minutes.  It is trivially easy to find players who have "mastered" weapons that they have literally not even used (even a majority of their weapons) and as a result really don't know what they're doing.

Kind of stupid.

Mastering a weapon needs to be based on use, especially proficient use under a variety of conditions, in order to mean anything about player experience.  Or, if the design intent is for mastery rank to basically just be a fancy way to measure how old your account is.... Then just do that and have it be based on registration date or time played. Because right now, given the current meta, mastery rank is a measure of how much time people have spent standing around doing nothing in Draco.

Did they say recently they were auditing the MR requirements for weapons? I would be glad to know they are actually taking a look into that. 

I usually don't have time to watch while it's happening, but I will watch later. I am glad they are looking into it -- I think it's about time. With the recent new weapons being 12, and no weapons restricted for MR 9-11, and Boltor Prime being at MR2 etc, it's high time there were some serious changes with that system. 

Let's just remove Draco, just to see the rage. :D

you know draco will be gone with Starchart 3.0, right?

Honestly, I wanted MR to become less relevant and not more, because making it even more central to the game will just make elitists even more insufferable with their "MR18+ or nothing" attitudes.

I really just want it to be a reflection of collection percentage. End of story.

I 50% agree. You can't get a weapon that kills everything in one click from the beginning! That's illogical...

i would prefer if they lowered the Mastery earned by weapons in half- and gave you the other half after killing 5-10k enemies with that weapon. Do the same with frames. You earn only 3k mastery, and earn another 3k for getting 10k kills with that frame.

If they did this, then we could feel like we're making some type of progress as we make kills with each new weapon.

I agree that draco makes players level weapons quickly and gain MR easily without using the weapons long enough but it's the only way to level a weapon that needs 5 or so forma. who wants to level the same damn weapon 5 times without draco. just look at the amount of people struggling to level up archwing. without draco it will be the same struggle but x5 times more

i would prefer if they lowered the Mastery earned by weapons in half- and gave you the other half after killing 5-10k enemies with that weapon. Do the same with frames. You earn only 3k mastery, and earn another 3k for getting 10k kills with that frame.

If they did this, then we could feel like we're making some type of progress as we make kills with each new weapon.

A lot of warframes would have issues with that. I also don't see a lot of guns doing that in a reasonable amount of time. IMO wait till starchart 3.0

The coming change to MR on weapons being increased is a bandaid fix as a precursor to the eventual overhaul.

Its something that is quick enough to do that its better than nothing. Otherwise if they overhauled right now it would push everything else back further from getting done.

To completely overhaul the entire mastery system like you want would take an enormous amount of time to figure out, just as Conclave, Parkour, and melee have taken an enormous amount of time to overhaul.

This is a longterm goal that should be set for like U19 or 20, theres simply too many other things closer to completion that are better suited to be released before this overhaul.

A friendly reminder to keep it civil and keep it on topic.

If you can't refrain from using insults then the thread is going to get locked.

Cheers,

-SB

So the frames without damage powers will give half mastery...

you know draco will be gone with Starchart 3.0, right?

But interception remain so it dosen't fix much

this would just let players go to earth and run 60 minutes to max a weapon based on kills. low levels die extremely fast so it might not even take 60 minutes.